AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#16New Post! Feb 28, 2019 @ 20:06:02
@Eaglebauer Said

Ah yes.

Normal.

Unless your one to somehow keep your hair brushed throughout the night.

Or shave.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#17New Post! Mar 01, 2019 @ 13:07:22
@gakINGKONG Said

My mother told me she refuses to listen to Frank Sinatra because of his affiliation with the mob.

If you survey the landscape, a large swath of poets, actors, musicians, and other artists have led self-destructive lives or have even made a practice of hurting people as a matter of rote.

Today I learned that the Michael Jackson estate is suing HBO for a documentary they did on Jackson's life.

So, do certain artists get a pass? Do we separate the tragedy of their lives from the special contributions they made?

If there is any value to the #metoo movement in this age of Trump! , it would be in sending a message to all people regardless of celebrity status or prestige that the rules civil society and corporations have for their hired workers are unilaterally applied.

you mean like the ones that scream and b**** about how all guns should be illegal but then make their millions making movies pretending to glorify using guns and killing others ...then run around the world with the armed security to promote them...

Or the ones that are screaming about how we are all killing the planet as they run around the in their private jets...so how many windmills do you see attached to their mansions in Beverly hills or Malibu???

Do you mean those unethical celebrities??
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#18New Post! Mar 01, 2019 @ 21:10:51
@bobbimay Said

you mean like the ones that scream and b**** about how all guns should be illegal but then make their millions making movies pretending to glorify using guns and killing others ...then run around the world with the armed security to promote them...

Or the ones that are screaming about how we are all killing the planet as they run around the in their private jets...so how many windmills do you see attached to their mansions in Beverly hills or Malibu???

Hi there. So, yes. It’s one thing for the casual listener of a song to find out that the extremely talented musician is also an addict. The listener than has a decision to make on whether not to continue listening or purchasing that music knowing that we are funding bad behavior. The problem is it’s common. It’s too common.But just like you’re suggesting now these artists are turning into ideologues and sitting in high positions of government. And sometimes all they do is prance around with their swagger and their good looks and pretend to know better than me.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#19New Post! Mar 01, 2019 @ 21:26:52
The same thing could be said of the catholic church ... could it not?

, Florida
#20New Post! Mar 02, 2019 @ 18:11:43
@bobbimay Said

Dirtbags like Kevin Spacey, the ones who hurt others and never take responsibility for their actions. Yeah, those people.

, Florida
#21New Post! Mar 02, 2019 @ 18:14:44
@mrmhead Said

The same thing could be said of the catholic church ... could it not?

It's been a longstanding tradition to protest the Catholics for the last 500 years.

Cut to the chase, if my wife were Catholic and she wanted to attend and have my kids baptized Catholic ----then I would be a Catholic too.

To your point, it's time to drain the infection and it is clearly possible to drown the baby without the bathwater.

, Florida
#22New Post! Mar 02, 2019 @ 18:21:45
@Leon Said

Celebrities are normal people like us. Some just are really good at a skill, many are just plain lucky.

Once we understand that and don’t put them on a pedestal above everyone else, then it’s easier to understand why they often behave like idiots.

Yeah, so really the onus is on us to ignore the pedestal placed in front of us.

Celebrity gets conflated with trustworthiness all the time and it's not me doing it.

Tom Hanks is a media creation and is perceived to be trustworthy.

How surprising would it be if 15 years from now we see the police find all of Tom's victims under his house mummified and dressed up in clown costumes?

Answer: not very. He would take his spot next to Bill Cosby and Garrison Keilor and all the other friendly faces who have been there to guide us to the gates of hell.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#23New Post! Mar 02, 2019 @ 21:09:43
@gakINGKONG Said

It's been a longstanding tradition to protest the Catholics for the last 500 years.

Cut to the chase, if my wife were Catholic and she wanted to attend and have my kids baptized Catholic ----then I would be a Catholic too.

To your point, it's time to drain the infection and it is clearly possible to drown the baby without the bathwater.

@gakINGKONG Said

Celebrity gets conflated with trustworthiness all the time and it's not me doing it.

Tom Hanks is a media creation and is perceived to be trustworthy.

How surprising would it be if 15 years from now we see the police find all of Tom's victims under his house mummified and dressed up in clown costumes?

Answer: not very. He would take his spot next to Bill Cosby and Garrison Keilor and all the other friendly faces who have been there to guide us to the gates of hell.

The wall you have built between the two is amazing.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#24New Post! Mar 02, 2019 @ 21:53:02
@mrmhead Said

The wall you have built between the two is amazing.

But is it more or less amazing than the trump wall?
chaski On about 16 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#25New Post! Mar 03, 2019 @ 00:27:42
@gakINGKONG Said

I agree, because how surprising would it be if 15 months from now we see the results of the Russia probe and find all of Trump's victims under his metaphorical house?

Answer: Not very.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#26New Post! Mar 03, 2019 @ 04:30:54
Most celebrities are f***ing pinheads I don't put much stock into what theses asshats have to say. I mean they play f***ing pretend for a living... I mean give me break over here.

, Florida
#27New Post! Mar 17, 2019 @ 04:11:18
Leaving Neverland

Jackson got away with hurting children.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs