My Stats

Antarctica
PLS: ? 21.76

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

Post digestive nuggets
TFS Journal
Piano
February 27, 2019 @ 03:43:26 pm

If you have never played a piano and have decided to learn. At what point would you consider yourself a piano player?

Quote | Reply

mrmhead

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 04:34:32 pm
When you feel confident enough that when asked, you could play something.

I more often say I play keyboard because ... well, I do ... and I consider it not as complicated (skilled) as something that, say, Elton John or Billy Joel could whip up.

Darkman666

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 04:39:31 pm
when people actually heard you play, and put money in your glass jar on the piano.

gakINGKONG

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 04:41:12 pm
Two years of piano lessons.

I can pick notes out of a song really well both for voice and keyboard. My pitch is pretty decent.

Since my earliest years, I have lacked emotional depth and as such don't put "feeling" into my music. It isn't marketable and not interesting to listen to.

I could never be an actual musician beyond singing in the shower or maybe part of a group of carolers.

Erimitus

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 06:50:12 pm
My nephew had just played a pretty decent 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' (Mozart)and he asked when when he would be able to play the piano. I told him, "you already are a piano player, you hit some keys and music came out, you might get better but you already play."

Darkman666

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 07:03:10 pm
I tried to learned twinkle, twinkle, little star and chop stick on the piano not by lessons, when younger. kids, who knew how play the piano tried to teached me. I never did master chop sticks on the piano, because my chop sticks kept breaking on the keyboard.

Erimitus

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 08:28:41 pm
@darkman666 Said

I tried to learned twinkle, twinkle, little star and chop stick on the piano not by lessons, when younger. kids, who knew how play the piano tried to teached me. I never did master chop sticks on the piano, because my chop sticks kept breaking on the keyboard.

GROAN

Darkman666

New Post! February 27, 2019 @ 08:37:20 pm
@Erimitus Said

GROAN

what my Chinese piano teacher said to me, and then he threw his fortune cookie at me.

Quote | Reply