The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Suppose the Legislators and Executive worked for free and then only for two months

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#1New Post! Feb 15, 2019 @ 02:15:08
Seems like the Federal Government shouldn't be as important as it is.

How about let's send most of the powers back to the states and maybe let all Congress and POTUS and Supreme Court types work part time maybe a couple months then they go home.

There is no "United" in These United States. Who are we fooling?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Feb 15, 2019 @ 02:38:47
@gakINGKONG Said

How about let's send most of the powers back to the states and maybe let all Congress and POTUS and Supreme Court types work part time maybe a couple months then they go home.

This position was resolved well over a hundred years ago.

@gakINGKONG Said

BS

The end.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#3New Post! Feb 15, 2019 @ 06:50:47
In all honesty, I'm just curious to see what s***storm hits the country next.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#4New Post! Feb 15, 2019 @ 12:25:27
@gakINGKONG Said

they only work 187 days a year now...
Darkman666 On about 20 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Feb 15, 2019 @ 14:40:03
I always thought the congress works only few months a year.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#6New Post! Feb 15, 2019 @ 17:00:56
@Cpat92 Said

In all honesty, I'm just curious to see what s***storm hits the country next.

President declaring an emergency.

Result:

His effort fails and he looks, once again, like an idiot.

His effort wins by Supreme Court decision, which will be viewed as a BIG WIN...GREATEST WIN EVER...

...until a Democrat gets elected to the office of President and starts using the Supreme Court validated emergency powers to do all the crazy things that Republicans/Conservatives are afraid of... then all the Trump fans will forget that they supported this BS.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#7New Post! Feb 16, 2019 @ 07:03:25
@gakINGKONG Said

What powers did you have in mind, specifically?

, Florida
#8New Post! Feb 16, 2019 @ 17:34:28
@nooneinparticular Said

What powers did you have in mind, specifically?

Federalism is already in place. It’s the extraconstitutional activities of our government the federal government which both parties have suffered and allowed for that have created such chaos. You don’t like Donald Trump? Then remove the level of power that people like him have. don’t wait until your party is in office before you decide that it’s OK. The old term for it was states rights. give power to the states.

, Florida
#9New Post! Feb 16, 2019 @ 17:42:02
When Obama took office all of the leftist cheered and just celebrated this great coming of the Messiah. When he reinvented marriage and he took over the medicine of United States they just cheered and cheered and nobody stop to think well what kind of precident is the setting.

Orange is the new black. And now he’s declared a national emergency and he’s going to do something which should’ve been up to the states. You don’t like trump with this level of power then do the hard thing and remove power from the federal government and bring it back to the states. Let all of the border states be in charge of securing their borders. Let each state decide which type of healthcare they want. Let each state decide if they want pot legalized let each state decide if homosexual marriage is even a thing. Let each state decide how they want their infrastructure let each state decide laws on tobacco laws on alcohol laws on pot.

Don’t leave it up to trump. If there were no Obama, trump would not have been I thing
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#10New Post! Feb 16, 2019 @ 18:18:57
@gakINGKONG Said

When Obama took office all of the leftist cheered and just celebrated this great coming of the Messiah. When he reinvented marriage and he took over the medicine of United States they just cheered and cheered and nobody stop to think well what kind of precident is the setting.

This is incorrect BS on so many levels...

@gakINGKONG Said

And now he’s declared a national emergency and he’s going to do something which should’ve been up to the states. Y

Again, incorrect. Immigration and national security are and should be handled by the Federal government. Read your American history and your Constitution.... please.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#11New Post! Feb 16, 2019 @ 22:12:28
@gakINGKONG Said

Federalism is already in place. It’s the extraconstitutional activities of our government the federal government which both parties have suffered and allowed for that have created such chaos. You don’t like Donald Trump? Then remove the level of power that people like him have. don’t wait until your party is in office before you decide that it’s OK. The old term for it was states rights. give power to the states.

I don't think I would prefer a state run border agency, actually. Coordination between states alone would be a nightmare. Just because I don't like the current direction of government doesn't necessarily mean I disagree with its basic structure.

There's a difference between saying 'I don't agree with what you said' and 'I want to be able to keep you from saying what you said'.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Feb 16, 2019 @ 22:21:23
@gakINGKONG Said

Orange is the new black. And now he’s declared a national emergency and he’s going to do something which should’ve been up to the states. You don’t like trump with this level of power then do the hard thing and remove power from the federal government and bring it back to the states. Let all of the border states be in charge of securing their borders. Let each state decide which type of healthcare they want. Let each state decide if they want pot legalized let each state decide if homosexual marriage is even a thing. Let each state decide how they want their infrastructure let each state decide laws on tobacco laws on alcohol laws on pot.

Don’t leave it up to trump. If there were no Obama, trump would not have been I thing

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

, Florida
#13New Post! Feb 18, 2019 @ 18:18:04
@mrmhead Said

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Hey koolaide

Oh yeah!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs