Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#31New Post! Feb 15, 2019 @ 16:35:55
@Leon Said

Sorry, I thought you were asking about the Virginia politicians. Hmm, Gucci. I honestly don’t think it was intentional...he’s in Italy after all. America is definitely unique in how race relations are handled. For obvious reasons.

They did blackface too?
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#32New Post! Feb 15, 2019 @ 16:38:29
@DiscordTiger Said

katy perry did have white and black face shoes. she pull all of them, mostly because they were f***ing hideous.

I think it came in several colors.

The whole thing is getting a bit ridiculous. Soon anything black will be protested. Why does white always go first in chess?

It’s a disservice to minorities too, because it waters everything down. It will now be a lot easier for real racists to do their thing because they know they will just be lumped with everyone else.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#33New Post! Feb 15, 2019 @ 16:41:49
@Cpat92 Said

They did blackface too?

link
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#34New Post! Feb 15, 2019 @ 16:52:55
@Leon Said

The whole thing is getting a bit ridiculous. Soon anything black will be protested. Why does white always go first in chess?

It’s a disservice to minorities too, because it waters everything down. It will now be a lot easier for real racists to do their thing because they know they will just be lumped with all this shoulder shrugging BS.

the shoes? in many colors?

what the f*** was she thinking?
I mean blackface issues aside, did no one on her team tell her they were ugly and it looked like she went crazy with a glue gun and mr potato head parts before they went into production?

Perry did decide to pull on her own, without people finding it an having to call for its removal. minor difference, though it does make me wonder...is her production team, and her designer consultants so lacking in diversity that no one said "um this looks questionable" or if there are minorities on the team do they feel so unlistened to and unable to speak up that they thought speaking up would be held against them?
and holding things against people, is showing implicit biases/racism.

I think that is probably more where our country is more implicit biases, that outright racism and sexism. I mean it has improved a lot since jim crow, but it's still not fixed.

ETA: that implicit bias thing is pretty rampant in my field, and we have "run off" a lot of BIPOC, simply because they are tired of the constant barrage of microaggressions that actually interfere in doing their job. Or sometimes the aggression is not so micro, a black woman was verbally attacked in a profession association meeting and people just stayed silent and let it happen, and then when the lawyers got involved they tried to protect the white male attacker.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#35New Post! Feb 15, 2019 @ 17:22:56
From now on, in an effort to be inoffensive, I am going to go gray face.

#36New Post! Feb 15, 2019 @ 17:28:54
Leon: The whole thing is getting a bit ridiculous. Soon anything black will be protested. Why does white always go first in chess?

Mike: In a sociology lecture the speaker (I don't remember his name) suggested that in areas where skin color is white, e.g., northern Europe, white is considered primary and good and back is bad, e.g., black magic. In areas where skin color is yellow gold is the good and in areas where skin is back the same holds true or black.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#37New Post! Feb 15, 2019 @ 18:26:57
Who’s mike?

#38New Post! Feb 15, 2019 @ 19:35:50
@gakINGKONG Said

Who’s mike?

It is I
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#39New Post! Feb 15, 2019 @ 22:42:05
@Erimitus Said

It is I

Bless your heart hey Mike.

How do you do and shake cans and shake hands and shake cans.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#40New Post! Feb 16, 2019 @ 06:52:13
@Leon Said

It’s a disservice to minorities too, because it waters everything down. It will now be a lot easier for real racists to do their thing because they know they will just be lumped with everyone else.

I would be legitimately surprised if 'real racists' actually gave two s***s about the opinions of the people they denigrated to begin with.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#41New Post! Feb 20, 2019 @ 00:40:57

A) Racist
B) Glamorizing Suicide
C) Nautical Theme
D) Stupid
?
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#42New Post! Feb 20, 2019 @ 00:50:23
@mrmhead Said

A) Racist
B) Glamorizing Suicide
C) Nautical Theme
D) Stupid
?

Not going to lie. This seems like somewhere between A and B. I also choose option E which is plainly idiotic and weird.

NE, Ohio
#43New Post! Feb 20, 2019 @ 00:56:47
@Cpat92 Said

Not going to lie. This seems like somewhere between A and B. I also choose option E which is plainly idiotic and weird.

The intent was C, the effect was D and media lensing emphasizes A and B - (if any)
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#44New Post! Feb 20, 2019 @ 00:58:17
@Cpat92 Said

I'm with Cpat92.

Side note: I used to know some detectives and some federal agents that wore break-a-way ties (clip-on ties), never "real" ties.

"Why?" you might ask.

Well, have you ever seen someone dragged by or swung around by their tie? Now imagine it is a big criminal dragging around a cop... yeah, nothing good ends with that scenario.

What's the point Chaski?

C > Putting a noose around someone else's neck is bad, maybe evil. Putting a noose around your own neck is massively stupid.

Just my opinion.

NE, Ohio
#45New Post! Feb 20, 2019 @ 01:02:59
@chaski Said

I'm with Cpat92.

Side note: I used to know some detectives and some federal agents that wore break-a-way ties (clip-on ties), never "real" ties.

"Why?" you might ask.

Well, have you ever seen someone dragged by or swung around by their tie? Now imagine it is a big criminal dragging around a cop... yeah, nothing good ends with that scenario.

What's the point Chaski?

C > Putting a noose around someone else's neck is bad, maybe evil. Putting a noose around your own neck is massively stupid.

Just my opinion.

Ahh ... but where you see a noose, apparently the designer saw a simple nautical knot.

So now who's the one with the evil mind??
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs