Rants & Raves

Today in Walmart,,,,,

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#16New Post! Feb 04, 2019 @ 21:38:57
The face of the Christian religion today is all about judging, not helping those in need.

Anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-birth control, anti-this, anti-that. All that hate takes up a lot of energy, leaving little for much else.

Kind of the opposite of being like Jesus, more in line of being like the Pharisees, his adversaries.

People are people and nothing seems to change. This includes using religion to suit what’s beneath.
Darkman666 On about 15 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#17New Post! Feb 04, 2019 @ 22:46:01
@white_swan53 Said

There are advantages and a few disadvantages to living where I do. Walmart is a 90 mile round trip , but that means I only go once a month so I don't deal with the sort of people much. The closet dollar store is a 30 mile round trip , I go in to that town 2 or 3 times a month sometimes. so over all 2 or 3 times a month I see/deal with people . Or to break it down into time spent in the same space with people about 3 maybe 4 hours a month. So its easy enough to tell which are the advantages and how minor the disadvantages are.

in the long run, the idea of the concept of walmalt is combine many stores in one place that bigger than the mall, so there will be less competition in the long run. if the this huge thing bigger than mall, it is far away for most people, why have it in the first place?
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#18New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 00:53:31
@Leon Said

The face of the Christian religion today is all about judging, not helping those in need.

Anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-birth control, anti-this, anti-that. All that hate takes up a lot of energy, leaving little for much else.

Kind of the opposite of being like Jesus, more in line of being like the Pharisees, his adversaries.

People are people and nothing seems to change. This includes using religion to suit what’s beneath.

psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#19New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 01:44:33
@white_swan53 Said

Except I'm a non believer .
I do find it interesting that you are the second person to insinuate that only a christian would help the woman in the chair .

Y'know, right when I sent the Kudos, I remembered that. I guess it just shows how out of it I've been recently...

Not at all. Any decent would've helped that woman. I'm not religious either, I'm just very polite in real life. I definitely would've said something, though. Or at the very least, waft my feet in their direction.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#20New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 02:20:33
as anyone else felt that you see a person in a moving cart for handicapped in Walmart or any stores, you like to knock off the cart and steal it from the person, and ride on it yourself?

are just me feel this way, are sure, I guess just me!
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#21New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 09:04:56
@darkman666 Said

as anyone else felt that you see a person in a moving cart for handicapped in Walmart or any stores, you like to knock off the cart and steal it from the person, and ride on it yourself?

When I see a obese person using those motorized deals that Walmart offers I want tell the person that if they would park that and push a basket ,,,,,
but I don't say nothing.

n/a, New Mexico
#22New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 09:08:47
@darkman666 Said

in the long run, the idea of the concept of walmalt is combine many stores in one place that bigger than the mall, so there will be less competition in the long run. if the this huge thing bigger than mall, it is far away for most people, why have it in the first place?

Your not thinking about the 'distance' thing from the right perceptive.
It's more like I choose to live a long way from town . The store is very well located for those people who choose to live in town .

n/a, New Mexico
#23New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 09:13:40
@Leon Said

I realize this when I see or read something about how this church or that one is in the spot light screaming about the many different things they are 'anti' about. But when its real life and right there ,' my grandma's raising' kicks in and I want to smack people like those ' cross bearers' pun intended.

n/a, New Mexico
#24New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 09:16:59
@Jennifer1984 Said

Walmart trades in UK as Asda and it's an OK kinda supermarket which mostly serves the family market. If you're a mum trying to feed a family with two or three young children then you can knock quite a fair few bob off your weekly shop.

What that means is that older shoppers tend not to use them. It has to be admitted that Asda has acquired a reputation for being places where older or better off customers prefer to shop elsewhere to avoid shops filled with noisy, unruly children.

Some good bargains though.

In the local one here I see all demographics . Since its a 24/7 super center I suppose there's a time of day suited to everyone.
I agree about the prices .

Saint Louis, Missouri
#25New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 13:30:06
@white_swan53 Said

Your not thinking about the 'distance' thing from the right perceptive.
It's more like I choose to live a long way from town . The store is very well located for those people who choose to live in town .

i mean the owner of Walmart thought this future of how would shop, not caring how far you have to travel to get there.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#26New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 16:57:08
@white_swan53 Said

I realize this when I see or read something about how this church or that one is in the spot light screaming about the many different things they are 'anti' about. But when its real life and right there ,' my grandma's raising' kicks in and I want to smack people like those ' cross bearers' pun intended.

When I see someone wearing that type of shirt (and I know exactly what you are referring to), I immediately project a personality that is homophobic, anti-birth control, anti-choice, anti-immigrant, anti-science, anti-social services, probably somewhat racist, redneck, into country music, and most definitely conservative in political views..

All of which, ironically, had nothing to do with the Gospels themselves, other than the similarities with the Pharisees.

Yes, it’s probably prejudice on my part. Yes, I realize not every Christian is that way. And, yes, it’s probably partly the media’s fault. But it still cannot be denied that this is the 21st Century image they have, and have helped project.

I would think they would want to take a long hard look in the mirror as a result.

But then again, it’s human nature I suppose since they are not really interested in being changed by religion as opposed to changing religion.

n/a, New Mexico
#27New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 17:45:10
@darkman666 Said

i mean the owner of Walmart thought this future of how would shop, not caring how far you have to travel to get there.

That town that the 'local' walmart is today, my grandpa and his brother would leave the ranch at 3am in a wagon pulled by a two horse team. They would get into that town mid afternoon do whatever business they had went to town to do get started back and pull in the barnyard just after mid night. They didn't go to that town ofen. about 75 % of the drive is across what the gringos call Becker flats, which is dumb , I have rode that entire area from the htway to the town and from sand canyon to the river horse back , and it aint flat.
But that's way off topic .
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#28New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 19:50:09
@darkman666 Said

It is cool when some kids take some carts and race them around the store.

n/a, New Mexico
#29New Post! Feb 05, 2019 @ 20:19:53
@Erimitus Said

It is cool when some kids take some carts and race them around the store.

About all I see kids doing is either throwing a fit cuz mom told them no about something or walking along next to their basket playing on a cell phone.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs