Religion & Philosophy

Do your church have a dresscode?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
busy91 On December 27, 2007

Bronx, New York
#16New Post! Sep 27, 2007 @ 15:55:05
I see you're in Ireland (love me the irish).

Always remember.

American = Uptight

rozenkatze On January 01, 2008

CORK, Ireland
#17New Post! Sep 27, 2007 @ 17:14:02
People should honestly be allowed dress as they like, within reason, and I mean rather liberal reason too.
howzat On February 04, 2008

Deleted

Port Adelaide, Australia
#18New Post! Nov 20, 2007 @ 22:25:23
Wear clothes that you feel comfortable in, after all you go to church to worship not to please the congregation or win a popularity quest.
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Nov 20, 2007 @ 22:28:18
i didnt think it mattered what you wore.
Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Nov 20, 2007 @ 22:33:05
there was a bit of an uproar in the psychic news about a medium wearing jeans while demonstrating on the platform....one lady wrote in and condemned it outright but she was shot down as....spiritualism as a religon teaches your own thoughts and your own actions....she was accused of a very old christian way of thinking
trencher On March 01, 2008

Hades, California
#21New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 17:03:36
Absolutely!

I'm an active participant in two churches where it is strongly implied that churchgoers are not to dishonor the House of the Lord.

We don't have to wear suits, but we must look presentable. My wardrobe consists of buttoned-down shirts, slacks and loafers.

The women are encouraged to keep their inner whore in check, and dress in a respectable manner.
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#22New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 17:20:32
I love church threads!!! I just wanted to pipe in, I think that people should be able to wear what they want. That being said, YOU CANT.

I think it is a shame that people who show up for church with cleavage and short skirts are fishing for attention in a place that is completely inappropriate. If you feel the need to be the attention getter in that manner perhaps you need to find another avenue??

It is disrespectful to show up all "hoochied" out and have other womens husbands stare at you while you are trying to worship God.

TACKY
00trex On January 11, 2008

Mission,
#23New Post! Jan 02, 2008 @ 17:59:27
My church does not have a dress code, but I think it should? Why?
Some people come very sloppily dressed. So what? In matthew 25, it talks about the marriage supper of the Lamb (Christ). It also speaks about those who were not properly dressed and they were not allowed to enter the Kingdom of God. In the Torah (book of the Law in the O.T.), the High Priest wore very special and fabulous clothes when he would go into the Holiest place during the Day of Atonement (yom kippur). He was going into God's presence is the point. When we go to a formal church, we are going before the King of the Universe and we should show respect to the Creator. It is not about showing off or anything like that. And yes, it does matter.
madcitizen On January 31, 2019

Bakersfield,
#24New Post! Jan 25, 2019 @ 04:12:34
in the bible it says to dress you best but not like a harlet [make up jewelry and seductive close] but if that's how you want todress no judgement here
Darkman666 On about 16 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#25New Post! Jan 25, 2019 @ 04:30:40
in temple, at service, with dresscode, jewish people really keep their clothes on, especially old people see them naked. i would convert to christianity in a heart attack.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#26New Post! Jan 25, 2019 @ 05:00:53
The is a book, I have forgotten the name, where Jesus returns, and being a Jew he went to a temple, and they turned him away, and they he went to a Christian Church and they turned him away. Dress code.

I worked at a church and the teen girls would dress really slutty. Apparently church is a good place to meet boys, and God of course.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Jan 25, 2019 @ 06:00:35
I no longer believe and don't go to church, but as a Catholic I was brought up to accept that women should cover their head in church.

My grandmother gave me a beautiful white lace veil as a First Communion present. I still have it tucked away in a drawer. It is beautiful and because it was given to me by my nana I could never part with it.

No, it wasn't a facial covering and it was a bit of a nuisance to wear at times because it would slip a little. Some discreetly placed hairgrips* put that right, but it was such a beautiful thing to wear, even when I was starting to challenge what I'd been taught as a girl and eventually, rejecting the faith.

Christianity doesn't have much going for it and the veiling of women is an oppressive and outdated practice no matter what (as I remember it) 1 Corinthians says. But I loved that veil.

* Slipping veils is a common problem and hairgrips are the solution. The little table in our church where we could buy holy medals and tracts and the like had little boxes of white hairgrips on sale.... Can you believe that...??

When it comes to making money, the Roman Catholic church doesn't miss a trick..!! Anyone for indulgences...? (runs and hides from Lutherans)

#28New Post! Jan 25, 2019 @ 09:53:36
@Jennifer1984 Said

I no longer believe and don't go to church, but as a Catholic I was brought up to accept that women should cover their head in church.

My grandmother gave me a beautiful white lace veil as a First Communion present. I still have it tucked away in a drawer. It is beautiful and because it was given to me by my nana I could never part with it.

No, it wasn't a facial covering and it was a bit of a nuisance to wear at times because it would slip a little. Some discreetly placed hairgrips* put that right, but it was such a beautiful thing to wear, even when I was starting to challenge what I'd been taught as a girl and eventually, rejecting the faith.

Christianity doesn't have much going for it and the veiling of women is an oppressive and outdated practice no matter what (as I remember it) 1 Corinthians says. But I loved that veil.

* Slipping veils is a common problem and hairgrips are the solution. The little table in our church where we could buy holy medals and tracts and the like had little boxes of white hairgrips on sale.... Can you believe that...??

When it comes to making money, the Roman Catholic church doesn't miss a trick..!! Anyone for indulgences...? (runs and hides from Lutherans)

Were these holy hairgrips?

#29New Post! Jan 25, 2019 @ 09:56:44
Burkas are the only acceptable attire
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#30New Post! Jan 30, 2019 @ 05:48:49
@Erimitus Said

Were these holy hairgrips?

Absolutely. Of course they were holy hairgrips. Il Papa blessed them personally and dipped them in holy water from his own bath. Also, they were were carved from a section of the true cross and had previously been held as sacred relics in the church of Our Lady of the Perpetual Pre-Menstrual Tension.

We don't do anything by halves in the Church of Rome.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs