The Psychology Behind Donald Trump's Unwavering Support

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Jan 20, 2019 @ 00:16:26
This was published in 2016, but little
if anything has changed concerning Trump supporters . This spot on then and still is.

Quote:
There’s no doubt that Donald Trump has said many things that would have been political suicide for any other Republican.

The only thing that might be more perplexing than the psychology of Donald Trump is the psychology of his supporters. In their eyes, The Donald can do no wrong.

So how exactly are Trump loyalists psychologically or neurologically different from everyone else?

basically they are under-informed or misinformed about the issues at hand.

the problem isn’t just that they are misinformed; it’s that they are completely unaware that they are misinformed.

Science has unequivocally shown that the conservative brain has an exaggerated fear response when faced with stimuli that may be perceived as threatening

As long as Trump continues his fear mongering by constantly portraying Muslims and Mexican immigrants as imminent dangers, many conservative brains will involuntarily light up like light bulbs being controlled by a switch.

link

After reading this I feel like I have been being a bully to the special ed kids . I'm going to watch what and how I say to them. Use simple words , talk slower , confirm they can comprehend ,,,I'm about half seriously joking here ,,
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Jan 20, 2019 @ 00:23:54
@white_swan53 Said

This was published in 2016, but little
if anything has changed concerning Trump supporters . This spot on then and still is.

link

After reading this I feel like I have been being a bully to the special ed kids . I'm going to watch what and how I say to them. Use simple words , talk slower , confirm they can comprehend ,,,I'm about half seriously joking here ,,

Some of them, I've noted tend towards the idiot savant.

Some things they are really good at, and then other things they just seem to miss the boat.
chaski On about 12 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Jan 20, 2019 @ 01:20:12
They hate tax and spend liberals but are not good at math.

Trump's wall (once a big beautiful wall... best wall ever... from coast to coast... 1900+ miles) has turned into a 200 mile see through steel barrier... aka a fence.

Let's have fun and do the math...

1900 miles is 10,032,000 ft.... so $5.7 billions divided by 10,032,000 ft = $568.18 per foot.

Now for fun, let's compare that to my former front yard... 95 feet... that would be a fence that costs $53,977 dollars to protect the front of my property, but leaving all other sides open....

Now reduce it (keeping in mind that we are comparing and Trump's wall is only a portion of the border) to say 20 ft... that's only $11,000 dollars for a portion of my front yard... a better price, but not much protection...

but it would be the BEST FENCE EVER!
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#4New Post! Jan 20, 2019 @ 03:16:12
.......... Meh.

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Jan 20, 2019 @ 05:56:59
@mrmhead Said

Some of them, I've noted tend towards the idiot savant.

Some things they are really good at, and then other things they just seem to miss the boat.

Is that

Dictionary

noun
noun: idiot savant; plural noun: idiot savants; plural noun: idiots savants

a person who has a mental or learning disability but is extremely gifted in a particular way, such as the performing of feats of memory or calculation.

Origin
French, literally ‘knowledgeable idiot’.

Or

Urban Dictionary

A person who (unlike a true savant in that s/he is not medically considered mentally disabled or autistic) is extraordinarily gifted in one or two specific areas, yet is still incapable of handling simple, easy tasks or common-sense situations. In other words, an idiot savant is an incredibly intelligent ditz.

Wow, that girl can't tell left from right, but she aced that super hard biology test! What an idiot savant!

This article does a bang up job of explaining The self righteous anger tone of voice and in the look on the face of a Trump fan ,when they respond with ' yeah but Obama ',,,, or ' what about Hillary ,,,'
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Jan 20, 2019 @ 06:47:37
Donald Trump
Simply
Is a seasoned Liberal
Giving all of the Conservatives
the Conservative they've been praying for
to ensure that it will be a very long damn time before
Conservative ever gets back into power again.
Stalker

#7New Post! Jan 20, 2019 @ 15:47:49
@chaski Said

They hate tax and spend liberals but are not good at math.

Trump's wall (once a big beautiful wall... best wall ever... from coast to coast... 1900+ miles) has turned into a 200 mile see through steel barrier... aka a fence.

Let's have fun and do the math...

1900 miles is 10,032,000 ft.... so $5.7 billions divided by 10,032,000 ft = $568.18 per foot.

Now for fun, let's compare that to my former front yard... 95 feet... that would be a fence that costs $53,977 dollars to protect the front of my property, but leaving all other sides open....

Now reduce it (keeping in mind that we are comparing and Trump's wall is only a portion of the border) to say 20 ft... that's only $11,000 dollars for a portion of my front yard... a better price, but not much protection...

but it would be the BEST FENCE EVER!

No one caught my math error?

Trump's plan is $2.7 billion for 200 miles, not for the full 1900+ miles...

...so doing the math, the wall cost more like $2550 per foot....so in my example my 20 foot of wall would cost $51,000....

Still the best wall ever...

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Jan 20, 2019 @ 15:55:54
@Electric_Banana Said

Donald Trump
Simply
Is a seasoned Liberal
Giving all of the Conservatives
the Conservative they've been praying for
to ensure that it will be a very long damn time before
Conservative ever gets back into power again.

I believe you are giving Trump way to much credit . I don't believe he has enough brain juice . He's not capable of thinking outside the box. In his case the box is about the same size as his head. no pun intended ( well it wasn't premeditated but ,,,, )
I think the reason he refuses to show his tax papers is because the million he claims he has in black , is really that much in red / debt. After he filed bankruptcy for the 5th time no banks in America or our allies country's would deal with him. But country's like Russia and some in the middle East welcomed a bad proven failed businessman who came begging for tall money.

n/a, New Mexico
#9New Post! Jan 20, 2019 @ 16:16:31
Speaking on the mentality of diehard Trump fans, I was put in quite time by one on facebook a few hours ago. A few weeks ago she publicly warned any libtards on her friends list that if they continued to insult an point fingers of blame and laughter at our most bestest president in history, that she would be forced to mute them for 30 days. I didn't put a lot of attention to her post and so when I posted a cartoon depicting a toddler Trump throwing yet another tweeting temper tantrum about what he is willing to do if the democrats don't blah blah,,,,, this coming just hours after posting in my 'whats on your mind ' a great big F*#K You Trump about his bull shiet compromise yesterday . I get a public message from her, short and sweet "see you in 30 days".
I publicly pointed and laughed at her ,then went and clicked un friend me in her profile. She back in a hot minute , all over me like ugly on ape , about my amusement at her expense , threatening me to make the muting permanent. I informed I already had. So now there is a a trump fan s***ting her self wondering the halls of FB looking for some sympathy for her being victimized by an ugly mean bully democrat. So I really was seriously joking about treating the special ed kids different.
Stalker

#10New Post! Jan 20, 2019 @ 16:38:14
@white_swan53 Said

Speaking on the mentality of diehard Trump fans, I was put in quite time by one on facebook a few hours ago. A few weeks ago she publicly warned any libtards on her friends list that if they continued to insult an point fingers of blame and laughter at our most bestest president in history, that she would be forced to mute them for 30 days. I didn't put a lot of attention to her post and so when I posted a cartoon depicting a toddler Trump throwing yet another tweeting temper tantrum about what he is willing to do if the democrats don't blah blah,,,,, this coming just hours after posting in my 'whats on your mind ' a great big F*#K You Trump about his bull shiet compromise yesterday . I get a public message from her, short and sweet "see you in 30 days".
I publicly pointed and laughed at her ,then went and clicked un friend me in her profile. She back in a hot minute , all over me like ugly on ape , about my amusement at her expense , threatening me to make the muting permanent. I informed I already had. So now there is a a trump fan s***ting her self wondering the halls of FB looking for some sympathy for her being victimized by an ugly mean bully democrat. So I really was seriously joking about treating the special ed kids different.

I think it is hilarious... Republicans and conservatives whined and sniveled about Obama and insulted both Obama and his wife for his entire 8 year administration. And when he left office, did they stop whining and sniveling? No, they continue to whine and snivel about Obama on a regular basis.

In addition, Republicans and conservatives whined and sniveled about Hillary for the last 20+ years. Did it stop when she lost the 2016 election? No, they continue to whine and snivel about Hillary on a regular basis.

For the last two (2) years Republicans and conservatives have whined and sniveled about "leftists", "liberals" and the "MSM"...well really they have been whining and sniveling about "leftists", "liberals" and the "MSM" for at least the last 10 years.

And Republicans and conservatives call Democrats snowflakes, buttercups and demand that they stop complaining about Trump.

mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#11New Post! Jan 20, 2019 @ 23:52:25
@chaski Said

I think it is hilarious... Republicans and conservatives whined and sniveled about Obama and insulted both Obama and his wife for his entire 8 year administration. And when he left office, did they stop whining and sniveling? No, they continue to whine and snivel about Obama on a regular basis.

In addition, Republicans and conservatives whined and sniveled about Hillary for the last 20+ years. Did it stop when she lost the 2016 election? No, they continue to whine and snivel about Hillary on a regular basis.

For the last two (2) years Republicans and conservatives have whined and sniveled about "leftists", "liberals" and the "MSM"...well really they have been whining and sniveling about "leftists", "liberals" and the "MSM" for at least the last 10 years.

And Republicans and conservatives call Democrats snowflakes, buttercups and demand that they stop complaining about Trump.

Yet the mere mention of Bush and the bag of s*** he left Obama, they whine and snivel "Let it go already!"

n/a, New Mexico
#12New Post! Jan 21, 2019 @ 00:57:09
@chaski Said

Their selective memory on how the right not only blocked Obama at every turn but said they were going to and then did . Once in awhile a Trump fan will state how as presidents go Obama was worthless . And when I remind them that for two terms the republicans did everything humanly possible to block everything Obama tried to get done they come unglued and start calling me those names they reserve for anyone who isn't up Trumps butt. Or when they went crazy about Obama being elected and showed their anger by rioting and making asses out themselves in general. I have actually heard from an adults mouth , " well what the lefties are doing now s far worse then what little protesting any far right leaning extremists may have done when Obummer stole the presidential election. I tell ya that explanation in the article sums it up better then I have ever heard before, they don't even know that they don't know.
Stalker

#13New Post! Jan 21, 2019 @ 00:59:05
@mrmhead Said

Yet the mere mention of Bush and the bag of s*** he left Obama, they whine and snivel "Let it go already!"

And now, even thought the Democrat controlled H.R. has essentially accepted everything the Republican controlled Senate wanted in 2018 relative to opening the government and border security, and even though McConnell is actually the one blocking negotiations between Democrats and Republicans in Congress...

...the battle cry is that Pelosi is being childish! And leftists are causing grid lock!

n/a, New Mexico
#14New Post! Jan 21, 2019 @ 12:04:33
I am starting to believe that Donald Trump is doing 'something' or has done 'something' that we ain't gonna like. And this shutdown is a smoke screen to either allow the 'something' to happen or allow him to 'dine and dash' with his pockets over flowing before the 'something' happens. I'm not ever been into the chicken little thing ' the sky is falling , the sky is falling ' nor 'conspiracy theory's' either.
But, he is definitely a man teetering on the edge. His maniac 4 am tweets . I think it was yesterday I read that at the butt crack of dawn he was tweeting like a mad man , more then 3o tweets in a couple of hours , which isn't maniac , its that practice of his where 'the next' one would contradict the last one ' string of tweets. That is what makes me call his tweeting maniac. Add all the s*** together in one pile. Starting with , the two years the wall had a very small chance of NOT being funded , all his doing away with EPA regulations, his huge tax cuts , his appointing two of his golfing buddy's who have no military history to control the military spending and the list goes on all the way up to this shut down with him-and his little buddy repub speaker not even hiding the fact that they aren't going to bother themselves to bother with worrying about the shut down. These are just 3 or 4 of the facts out a couple of thousand facts, give or take ,
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#15New Post! Jan 22, 2019 @ 20:41:50
Because. I want it great again. America America gets to be great again. We want the best schools. We want the best people. We want the best stuff the best food the best cars best technology best religion the best society the best. Everything the best making America best again. Because it’s good to be number one.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs