My Stats

Antarctica
PLS: ? 21.76

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

Post digestive nuggets
TFS Journal

Erimitus

New Post! January 18, 2019 @ 08:43:33 pm
A hallucination is when, after ingesting said acid, you see that same person sprout antlers and start vomiting fire.

I hate when that happens

Good analogy

Erimitus

New Post! January 18, 2019 @ 08:47:19 pm
An illusion is when the wind in the trees sounds like voices

A hallucination is when the tree actually talks to you.

Some of my best friends are trees.

I would take my medication but then I would lose some of my best friends.

New word: Delusion

do you think it has something to do with the interpretation of sense data?

Eaglebauer

New Post! January 18, 2019 @ 08:51:51 pm
@Erimitus Said

An illusion is when the wind in the trees sounds like voices

A hallucination is when the tree actually talks to you.

Some of my best friends are trees.

I would take my medication but then I would lose some of my best friends.

I don't think so. I think a delusion is a belief that is contrary to the reality suggested by sense data but does not originate from the interpretation of that data. Delusions of grandeur have little to do with sense data and more to do with psychology.

I think if you interpret sense data to be contrary to what the majority of people would interpret it as, or in a way that is incompatible with accepted reality, you are mistaken but not delusional.

"I swear officer, she looked 18."

Erimitus

New Post! January 18, 2019 @ 10:58:52 pm
Eagle: "I swear officer, she looked 18."

Mike: everyone knows she was lying.

Erimitus

New Post! January 18, 2019 @ 11:30:20 pm
[BELIEF]

A belief is the acceptance that something experienced is consistent with that which is [actually-true]

There are [true-beliefs] and there are [false-beliefs].

When that which is believed to be true and that which is [actually-true] are consistent the belief is a [true-belief].

When that which is believed to be true and that which is [actually-true] are inconsistent the belief is a [false- belief]

[TRUE-BELIEF]

A [true-belief] is supported by empirical evidence and or reasoning.

[FALSE-BELIEF]

A [false-belief] is not supported by [empirical-evidence] and or reasoning and is held even when there is contradictory evidence and reasoning

[Actual-truth]: Beliefs, whether considered true or false, are tentative and based on available evidence and current reasoning. When new evidence and different reasoning is applied the belief may be confirmed, altered, or abandoned.

Electric_Banana

New Post! January 19, 2019 @ 12:14:15 am
@Eaglebauer Said

An illusion is when someone slips a tab of acid into your drink without you seeing it and makes it look like he's putting in an ice cube instead.

A hallucination is when, after ingesting said acid, you see that same person sprout antlers and start vomiting fire.

That^

Electric_Banana

New Post! January 19, 2019 @ 12:22:23 am
@Erimitus Said

Yes and I can tell you right now delusions can be overcome
The catalyst for most are a result of existential crisis taking place upon realizing that some people in society can hear thoughts and that life might be like an lost episode of Star Trek

Here in the shocked, terrified and surprised pay extra careful attention to all sensory data they may have otherwise ignored and proceed to establish a new plot in their minds while mis-associating irrelevant experiences as part of the plot.

A woman in another forum stated:

"I overheard someone's thoughts today about the Illuminati rising up to imprison and murder all psychics."

I would believe this woman did hear that thought but I would find her foolish for taking seriously someone else's paranoid suspicion or not investigating further to see if it was indeed a suspicion or a numbnuts conceiving a new novel in his head because standing in line at the foodbank can be an absolute bore.

When you enter the Twlight Zone you are now re-earning back your sanity therefore fortifying it stronger than your natural default social-influenced sanity
Part of this remodelling is learning how to discern actual strange phenomena from bulls*** which your scared imagination it vomiting up.

Erimitus

New Post! January 19, 2019 @ 01:54:02 am
@Electric_Banana Said

Yes and I can tell you right now delusions can be overcome
The catalyst for most are a result of existential crisis taking place upon realizing that some people in society can hear thoughts and that life might be like an lost episode of Star Trek

Here in the shocked, terrified and surprised pay extra careful attention to all sensory data they may have otherwise ignored and proceed to establish a new plot in their minds while mis-associating irrelevant experiences as part of the plot.

A woman in another forum stated:

"I overheard someone's thoughts today about the Illuminati rising up to imprison and murder all psychics."

I would believe this woman did hear that thought but I would find her foolish for taking seriously someone else's paranoid suspicion or not investigating further to see if it was indeed a suspicion or a numbnuts conceiving a new novel in his head because standing in line at the foodbank can be an absolute bore.

When you enter the Twlight Zone you are now re-earning back your sanity therefore fortifying it stronger than your natural default social-influenced sanity
Part of this remodelling is learning how to discern actual strange phenomena from bulls*** which your scared imagination it vomiting up.

Have you been taking your medication?

Electric_Banana

New Post! January 19, 2019 @ 10:14:14 am
@Erimitus Said

Have you been taking your medication?

Yes, I take two types
One is meant to slow down secretion of chemicals to also slow down excessive thinking; on the same hand if telepathy is a factual science then the less chemicals the less connections.

The other simply releases a chemical normally released when an individual has achieved contentment, not joy nor bliss but just simply contentment; the drug has also been used in the past to help heavy smokers quit their habit.

Now when frustrated or angered I truly feel frustrated or angered where as prior I would bottle the energy so as not to burden others and the built up energy would lash out on me on the inside through dire sadness, hurt, anxiety, paranoia or fear.

And as for anger..well the only thing that fixes that is marijuana
It is the only affective fix in existence that allows one to toss their feet up no longer giving a crap about anything
aside from a lobotomy
but if I smoke I become useless at my profession
And I still rely on commerce from the outside world to put food on my table each night.

Pages: << · 1 2
Quote | Reply