Forums:
Business & Money

Spending Practices

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Jan 18, 2019 @ 22:19:01
Do you pay for everything in cash or is your card/phone always on hand and used for everything?

Debit, credit, or Apple/Google Pay?

Do you have revolving debt or always pay off every credit card statement?

How do you handle big purchases - do you save up and buy or charge and pay off later?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Jan 18, 2019 @ 22:25:59
Debit for medical bills, Groceries and clothing...

Credit for things like tools, books, travel...

I payoff all credit card expenses each month.

I do have one card with some outstanding expenses... kind of an expensive emergency thing that we don't need to go into here.

Big purchases... like $1000 for a tankless water heater or even more...? Debit.

I don't like debt. Debt is like a small bag of s*** that gets smellier every day. No me gusta.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#3New Post! Jan 19, 2019 @ 02:24:26
@Leon Said

Do you pay for everything in cash or is your card/phone always on hand and used for everything?

Debit, credit, or Apple/Google Pay?

Do you have revolving debt or always pay off every credit card statement?

How do you handle big purchases - do you save up and buy or charge and pay off later?

Leon: Do you pay for everything in cash or is your card/phone always on hand and used for everything?

Mike: I use my card for everything.

Leon: Do you have revolving debt or always pay off every credit card statement?

Mike: except for the mortgage I pay off every statement every month.

Leon: How do you handle big purchases - do you save up and buy or charge and pay off later?

Mike: I never buy anything I don’t have the money to pay for.

Mike: minimalist since childhood. Not exactly Diogenes or Gandhi but no useless affectations.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#4New Post! Jan 28, 2019 @ 12:52:55
I have a a little bit of credit card debt but not much. That is a huge problem. For a lot of people I recommend everybody that they do whatever they can to remain debt-free. Of course getting a mortgage is probably not a bad thing. You may have to have a car payment but do what you can to be debt-free.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#5New Post! Jan 28, 2019 @ 16:47:32
Mortgage is definitely the better choice over rent in terms of not throwing money away. So it may be the one form of debt that most advisors would favor.

I find Apple Pay to be so convenient that I just charge everything and pay the balance off at the end of every month.

I only use cash for gas, as it seems to be the only purchase where I save by doing so, as far as I can tell.

For ID theft risks, all card use goes through my credit card as opposed to my debit card. Yes, my bank will overturn any fraudulent activity in my favor with either, but even if it is just a few days while they sort it out, I would rather deal with it being on my credit card than a zero balance in my bank account.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs