Forums:
Health & Fitness

Migraines!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Chyna On December 21, 2018

Thomasville, Georgia
#1New Post! Dec 15, 2018 @ 18:25:35
Does anyone here ever get a migraine?? I get migraines constantly + have tried everything under the sun to treat them---would like to know how you guys would handle a killer migraine if you had one..
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 15, 2018 @ 21:16:14
My partner used to get things that melted under her tongue that increased the flow of blood in the brain. Turns out Migraines are parted due to narrowing of the blood vessels. It was a trial drug though so don't know the overall outcome of the drug trial and whether it was successful. They certain worked for her and they were the only things that did. She used to get them so bad the Dr had to come out and give her injections

Thomasville, Georgia
#3New Post! Dec 17, 2018 @ 19:13:04
WOW, wish you did know what she took to make them better--Yeah, I have to get injections sometimes as well--is not fun at all...I have a migraine several times a week..sucks..
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#4New Post! Dec 17, 2018 @ 19:24:43
Now and again behind my right eye. I have some meds I carry when I travel. Not sure why I get them.

Thomasville, Georgia
#5New Post! Dec 17, 2018 @ 19:29:53
Eww, those eye migraines are the worst!! I have been told that mine are genetic..Yeah, I am always taking meds. with me too wherever I go just in case one hits me out of the blue!! =((
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Dec 17, 2018 @ 20:14:31
I've gotten what my Dr says are Aural migraines.

It starts as losing peripheral vision, and closes in to tunnel vision, eventually collapsing into a big blind spot as my peripheral starts to comes back.

I've timed them out to about 45 minute episodes.

Usually no pain involved, but it really sucks if I'm driving.

Luckily they are far and few between (a few months or so)

I've tried Excedrin Migraine as soon as I notice, but since mine pass somewhat quickly it's hard to tell if it helps at all.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#7New Post! Dec 17, 2018 @ 20:43:37
I know a few people who get migraines, including my girlfriend.

My girlfriend's migraines, when I first met her, were very bad... had to take her to the ER once.

They've gotten better, as in less frequent and less severe.

She does a combination of things. She has identified a few foods that seem to be triggers, or at least make the migraines worse.... foods containing gluten for her are bad. Things that are hard(er) to digest... red meat, pork, etc. She mostly stay away from citrus. The only alcohol she drinks are Sake and clear (or "silver" ) tequila and only in moderation. Smoke bothers her so no smoking or having out around cigarettes, cigars, marijuana bong parties. Also no having out right in front of a camp fire where the smoke is in one's face. She periodically takes CBD oil. Also the occasional ibuprofen.

Another friend is much the same, but also avoids any of the "night shade" foods.... tomatoes, tomatillos, eggplant. green peppers, etc.

Another friend is a "better living through chemicals" girl. She has worked out a set of regiments depending on how fast the migraine is coming on... she will use benadryl, ibuprofen, naproxen and dramamine (not all at once!!!)... my understanding is that she uses the dramamine when is is really bad as it puts her to sleep...thus she sleeps through it.

The real thing is to work with your doctor and yourself on a diet, exercise, pain killer plan... takes a long time to get it right.

A few people I know/know of (including my girlfriend) used venlafaxine....

I am not a doctor nor a scientist, but from what I observed and have read, if a doctor offers you this perception do some online research, get a 2nd or 3rd opinion... and try to not take it. It took my girlfriend about 18 months to get off this drug. Long story, but my non-professional non-legal opinion: It is evil and you should stay away from it...

Seriously... run away from that drug.

(Medical/Legal disclaimer: I am not a doctor and not a lawyer... I did NOT give any medical or legal advise.... especially relative to venlafaxine, so anyone that works for a company that makes this drug... go find someone else to take to court.)
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Dec 18, 2018 @ 01:30:48
@Chyna Said

Does anyone here ever get a migraine?? I get migraines constantly + have tried everything under the sun to treat them---would like to know how you guys would handle a killer migraine if you had one..

I myself have never suffered a migraine, But my second born child suffered horrible ones. I will tell you how we finally learned to ' nip it in the bud'before it became full blown.
By the age of 7 or 8 he was already an old hand when it came to migraines. About that time he would come in and just lay down , i ask him why he said one was coming. He said before there was any pain the tips of his fingers would go numb. And within 15 or so minutes he was on his knees dry heaving his toe nails up. gave him an aspirin thinking what could it hurt. Nothing had helped ever . Once the pain hit all we could do was darken the room and listen to his dry heaves until he passed out to sleep like the dead for several hours. Well damn if that aspirin taken before the pain started did the trick. The pain was nothing compared to what he had always suffered , it only lasted a few moments and he drifted to sleep ,no dry heaves. he slept a restful sleep for about an hour and woke good to go .
we figured that was just dumb luck . After he started really paying attention it would start with his finger tips tingling then numbness. We never experimented , the next time and every time after when he felt a tingle I gave him an aspirin .
Okay , the cause of his migraines , he was born with a heart defect.
When I told his cardiologist about the aspirin he looked at my son and me like he thought we were jerking his chain. Since my son had just one heart doctor from birth till the age of 15 when he had the last operation , the doc and us were on good solid terms. The doc said that since one aspirin once in awhile wouldn't interfere with my sons heart meds. do what works.So we did.
So that's how my son would handle a killer migraine when he felt one coming.

The way a kid views the world is a lot simpler then an adults view .
After my son started noticing the tingling/numbness , I started reading I came across a book of holistic treatments for medical issues. I would ever consider taking my son from the educated care of his doctor , what caught my attention in that book was the chapter on headaches. It says migraines always have some sort of advance notice. the Body gives the person a heads up . It also said that most people never make the connection.
That's all I got on this topic.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Dec 18, 2018 @ 01:57:29
@white_swan53 Said

I myself have never suffered a migraine, But my second born child suffered horrible ones. I will tell you how we finally learned to ' nip it in the bud'before it became full blown.
By the age of 7 or 8 he was already an old hand when it came to migraines. About that time he would come in and just lay down , i ask him why he said one was coming. He said before there was any pain the tips of his fingers would go numb. And within 15 or so minutes he was on his knees dry heaving his toe nails up. gave him an aspirin thinking what could it hurt. Nothing had helped ever . Once the pain hit all we could do was darken the room and listen to his dry heaves until he passed out to sleep like the dead for several hours. Well damn if that aspirin taken before the pain started did the trick. The pain was nothing compared to what he had always suffered , it only lasted a few moments and he drifted to sleep ,no dry heaves. he slept a restful sleep for about an hour and woke good to go .
we figured that was just dumb luck . After he started really paying attention it would start with his finger tips tingling then numbness. We never experimented , the next time and every time after when he felt a tingle I gave him an aspirin .
Okay , the cause of his migraines , he was born with a heart defect.
When I told his cardiologist about the aspirin he looked at my son and me like he thought we were jerking his chain. Since my son had just one heart doctor from birth till the age of 15 when he had the last operation , the doc and us were on good solid terms. The doc said that since one aspirin once in awhile wouldn't interfere with my sons heart meds. do what works.So we did.
So that's how my son would handle a killer migraine when he felt one coming.

The way a kid views the world is a lot simpler then an adults view .
After my son started noticing the tingling/numbness , I started reading I came across a book of holistic treatments for medical issues. I would ever consider taking my son from the educated care of his doctor , what caught my attention in that book was the chapter on headaches. It says migraines always have some sort of advance notice. the Body gives the person a heads up . It also said that most people never make the connection.
That's all I got on this topic.

Glad you were able to find something that works.

It's different for different people, which is why it's so hard to pin down some of these medical conditions.

And yes, "Noticing" different things, or environments or ... whatever can go a long ways.

Thomasville, Georgia
#10New Post! Dec 18, 2018 @ 22:04:10
WOW, I am so sorry that your child is sick--is amazing and wonderful the aspirin helped him so much!!! I wish aspirin would help mine...I do get warning signs like fuzzy vision and tingles in my hand and then it goes numb..sometimes my foot will go numb..I get triggers like perfume, smoke and paint...if I smell those, I know one is coming!!
userprincess On January 16, 2019
Troll

boca raton, Florida
#11New Post! Jan 11, 2019 @ 15:53:42
I had been suffering from migraine, I mean I get blurred vision whenever they trigger followed by horrible sharp pulping pain. One of my friend recommended me Kannaby Organic Full Spectrum CBD oil. I take a few drops under my tongue in the morning and whenever I feel a migraine coming on.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Jan 11, 2019 @ 19:21:39
Sure fire headache relief tips:

1) Though disputed by conventional Western medicine, the ancient Chinese art of kneecap-smashing may distract you from your headache.

2) The surest method of headache prevention is to develop a working time machine, go back to 1988, and marry a different woman who doesn't nag your a** into the ground about where you were all night and who was there with you and were you drinking.

3) No matter how bad your head hurts, do not under any circumstances attempt to remove it.

4) Many popular herbal headache remedies exist, including valerian and kava kava, but be advised that they don't do s***.

5) Headaches can get so bad that, in some cases, doctors prescribe morphine or methadone. A better way to look at this is that headaches can get so good that doctors prescribe morphine or methadone.

6) If you have a severe headache, you likely have five or six throbbing red lightning bolts behind your sinuses. Neutralize them with a soothing, bluish, glowing orb.

7) A key to headache prevention is avoiding getting Starship's "We Built This City" stuck in your head.

8) If you suffer from recurring headache pain, you probably have a tumor or something. Man, am I glad I'm not you.

9) If you suspect that your headache is a migraine, ask yourself: Does the prospect of having a double-barreled shotgun inserted in your anus and discharged fill you with thoughts of blessed, eternal relief? If so, it's probably a migraine.

10) Headache sufferers, be advised that episodes can easily be triggered by stress, improper diet, or people constantly chiming in with their useless f***ing headache advice.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs