Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
Erimitus On about 2 hours ago

The mind of God, Antarctica
#76New Post! Oct 04, 2018 @ 16:02:36
@mrmhead Said

Cell
(Stephen King novel / another bad zombie movie)

When a strange signal pulsates through all cell phone networks worldwide, it starts a murderous epidemic of epic proportions when users become bloodthirsty creatures, and a group of people in New England are among the survivors to deal with the ensuing chaos after.

OH my goodness gracious. We are doomed.
mrmhead On about 2 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#77New Post! Oct 04, 2018 @ 16:05:54
@Erimitus Said

What could that nice president Trump do with this alert thing?

Could he block all interpersonal communication?

I suppose with a flood of messages someone could create a Denial of Service attack.

I know once in awhile we get alert storms from work and 150 or so message come in 1 second apart, and you have to "Read Now" or "Read Later" as they come in before you can use the phone ... well, at least that's how it works on my flip-phone.

Locally, someone hacked the emergency sirens a few years back and kept turning them on until the city had to disable them until a more secure system was put in place - at a big cost.
Erimitus On about 2 hours ago

The mind of God, Antarctica
#78New Post! Oct 04, 2018 @ 16:07:06
@mrmhead Said

I suppose with a flood of messages someone could create a Denial of Service attack.

I know once in awhile we get alert storms from work and 150 or so message come in 1 second apart, and you have to "Read Now" or "Read Later" as they come in before you can use the phone ... well, at least that's how it works on my flip-phone.

Locally, someone hacked the emergency sirens a few years back and kept turning them on until the city had to disable them until a more secure system was put in place - at a big cost.

SAD

NE, Ohio
#79New Post! Nov 30, 2018 @ 17:23:23
Michael Frank Head
294-66-8312
July 14, 1965
Lodi, Ohio

Various passwords:
E @tMySh0rts

Scr@+chTh1s
P!ckY0urOwnN0$3

There!
Now I don't have to worry about when (not if) my information will be Exposed !!

(note: in the spirit of the current administration, the above information may or may not be true)

NE, Ohio
#80New Post! Jan 09, 2019 @ 20:57:50
In 2018, a remote Alaskan community’s infrastructure was hit by a malware attack which forced it offline. It was only then they realised how much they depended on computers.

Mat-Su

In the borough’s purchasing department, staff faced filling out forms with pen and ink while their computers sat idle. Then they had a bright idea. In the cupboard were a couple of old electronic typewriters. They dusted them off and used them.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs