Politics

Mattis bites the dust...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#1New Post! Dec 20, 2018 @ 23:04:34
Another Marine bites the dust.... YOU'RE FIRED!.

Ok... I'm guilty of hyperbole and fake news... Mattis is resigning.

Mattis quits, says his views aren't 'aligned' with Trump's
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Dec 20, 2018 @ 23:14:52
So Trump will get to "temporarily assign" anyone to SoD.

What's Barron doing these days?

...isn't that kind of how Kim came to power over the years?

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Dec 21, 2018 @ 00:12:04
Mattis' resignation letter:
It is devoid of any praise for the President.

And in good ol' Trumpsterf*** fashion: seeking to downplay the news, stepped out in front of the resignation, spinning Mattis' resignation as a retirement.

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Dec 23, 2018 @ 20:05:04
The man who said Emperor Trump has no clothes
Opinion piece
(I just liked the title, but figured I should credit where I got it from)

And don't let the door hit you in the a** as you leave...

"I am pleased to announce that our very talented Deputy Secretary of Defense, Patrick Shanahan, will assume the title of Acting Secretary of Defense starting January 1, 2019. Patrick has a long list of accomplishments while serving as Deputy, & previously Boeing. He will be great!" Trump tweeted.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#5New Post! Dec 23, 2018 @ 21:00:19
An unfortunate turn of events.

We all lose here.

Buddy deserves to retire. He's fought the good fight. Thank you, James Mattis for the work you have done.

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Dec 25, 2018 @ 15:38:48
Interesting passage: From Here
One defense official pointed to an essential part of Mattis' departure, saying the secretary's exit might be a relief for some.
Mattis restricted access to information and put a chill on members of the military services talking publicly. Some might be relieved to see him go if (1) they are now freer to push publicly for their agendas, the official said.
Mattis also discouraged senior officers from interacting directly with the President, (2) worried that Trump might suddenly issue them orders -- senior officers would have had no option but to do as Trump wished, according to a defense official.

I don't see that as a bad thing.
1 Do you really want our military run by "popular vote"
2 Would you really want your boss to tell someone that works for you to do something that may be counter to your plans?
We know Trump has minimal thought about consequences - He just looks for PR points results - Either from his idol dictators, or his "fan base"
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#7New Post! Dec 25, 2018 @ 16:34:22
@mrmhead Said

Some might be relieved to see him go if (1) they are now freer to push publicly for their agendas, the official said.

Mattis also discouraged senior officers from interacting directly with the President, (2) worried that Trump might suddenly issue them orders -- senior officers would have had no option but to do as Trump wished, according to a defense official.

JFC!!

1. No officer should have the ability to push their personal agendas publicly. There is a chain of command for a reason.

2. And a president who can give direct orders to military units... that is why some countries have periodic military coups... the military decides to do their own bidding and/or the leader's as opposed to following the chain of command.

Whoever these senior officers are, they should be removed from service; immediately. Any officer that does or tries to do these things should be prosecuted under the UCMJ, demoted and sent to he United States Disciplinary Barracks, Fort Leavenworth.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs