Forums: Sports:
Football (US)

Fantasy Football

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Nov 27, 2018 @ 22:01:45
Who is on your squad this year and how is your team doing?

Playoffs in 2 weeks.

San Diego, California
#2New Post! Nov 27, 2018 @ 22:38:22
My team is 10-2 and in first place, and has been most of the year. While this secures a playoff spot and favorable matchup in that, it isn’t always good for waiver pickups. I mostly rely on second wave pickups that people give up on waiver exchanges. I managed to snatch Mixon this way. I also picked up Bell in the early weeks this way, although that one obviously didn’t pan out.

My first two picks in the draft were Barkley and McCaffrey, which have been solid this year as my RB1 and RB2. But the real reason I’ve been able to do well are my late round picks, in which I got Mahones, James Conner, Sony Michel and Golliday, which have all been top tier performers at their position. I also selected Zuerlien at kicker, which cannot be understated. I managed to get the Bears off waivers too, the #1 defensive team this year in terms of fantasy points.

Other than Greg Olsen, my mid-round picks were a disaster. So I was woefully thin at receiver at the beginning and still am somewhat. But Golliday and Edelman have been solid enough in the starting spots, and that’s all I need really, with all those marquee backs filling out my other spots, including the flex.

This is my 17th year playing through various hosts and iterations. I’ve missed the playoffs in only two of those and have made the championship game in 75% of them. I’ve probably won about half of my leagues playing each year.

It’s particularly fun for me this time because I don’t really have a home team to root for anymore, although I will still watch Chargers games on occasion. So there is no conflict of interest, although no Chargers are on my fantasy team this year.
mrmhead On about 21 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 04:03:29
I was on the verge falling out of the playoffs.

Until now ...
...I have (had) K. Hunt.

No more "verge"...

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 04:10:20
@mrmhead Said

I was on the verge falling out of the playoffs.

Until now ...
...I have (had) K. Hunt.

No more "verge"...

Someone snatched Ware before you could?
mrmhead On about 21 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 15:25:48
@Leon Said

Someone snatched Ware before you could?

Yeah - From the looks of it, just shortly before I heard about it. I really didn't think about it until you mentioned it.

I was just looking at "availables" earlier this week and no one caught my attention

I drafted Ajayi and Hunt figuring I was good to go!

I'm now starting Cohen and Howard (yeah, both CHI ... )

San Diego, California
#6New Post! Dec 01, 2018 @ 17:14:03
Gus Edwards might still be available. If so, get him. Also check to see if Adams of Philly or Jones of Green Bay is still on waivers. You may also want to pick up Ridd*** of Detroit, since they are down to just Golladay over there in the passing game.
Chyna On December 21, 2018

Thomasville, Georgia
#7New Post! Dec 02, 2018 @ 18:34:27
I love the Georgia Bulldogs--They lost against Alabama last night, just made me sick!! They had a very good season this year otherwise...I also love Florida State!!

San Diego, California
#8New Post! Dec 24, 2018 @ 04:54:15
Well I finished 13-3 and won my championship, my 9th I believe.

I need to start making money on this.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs