It is here.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#16New Post! Dec 20, 2018 @ 15:43:08
@Cpat92 Said

Psych Major. I plan on going to Grad School. I’m looking into becoming a Behavioral Health Technician after graduating.

Behavioral Health Tech. ...is that like Alex in Clockwork Orange.
mrmhead On about 20 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#17New Post! Dec 20, 2018 @ 16:19:28
@Erimitus Said

Behavioral Health Tech. ...is that like Alex in Clockwork Orange.

Alex is the subject.

Pat would be trained to use the Ludovico technique apparatus (yes, I had to look that up)

But I found it was less distressing to my friends if I just called it "That Thing" before I put it on them
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Dec 20, 2018 @ 16:43:45
@mrmhead Said

Alex is the subject.

Pat would be trained to use the Ludovico technique apparatus (yes, I had to look that up)

That Ludovico vesch really messes with your gulliver, oh my brothers. Best just lie down and listen to some lovely, lovely Ludwig Van until it's time to itty down to the Korova for moloko plus with your droogs.

Most of the film was shot in South London. My (then teenaged) dad and his mates were coming home from a youth rugby match in Wandsworth one night and came across the filming of the underpass scene where Alex and the droogs hit on the old drunk. The public were allowed to watch filming from an area off to one side.

The scene where Alex knocks Dim into the water was filmed on a (then) council housing estate called Thamesmead. There is a bench plaque marking the place where that scene was shot.

The theatre where the droogs fight with Billyboy and his crew was (back then) the derelict Blackheath Roxy cinema. It's since been demolished.

The scene where Alex meets the two girls that he takes home was a place called The Chelsea Drugstore. It's now a MacDonalds.

The Chelsea Drugstore in 1971

mrmhead On about 20 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#19New Post! Dec 20, 2018 @ 16:55:16
@Jennifer1984 Said

The scene where Alex meets the two girls that he takes home was a place called The Chelsea Drugstore. It's now a MacDonalds.

The Chelsea Drugstore in 1971

You can't always get what you want.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#20New Post! Dec 20, 2018 @ 17:38:08
**Hijack alert**

What was the point of the story?
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#21New Post! Dec 20, 2018 @ 20:57:32
@Jennifer1984 Said

From Jarhead to Psych Head. You sure get around..!!

Seriously though, for all the hard work you've put in, and for everything you've been through I truly hope it all goes well and you get everything you've worked for.

Graduation is the best day of all. The feeling of achievement makes everything worthwhile. Enjoy the party.

Behavioural Health Technician...? Does that mean you'll be working with the health services on the treatment of patients who are, say, suffering from narcotic abuse.... PTSD.... physical and mental abuse and other mental disorders..?

That is a very worthy profession, Pat and I'm sure you'll find it not only challenging but highly rewarding. Good luck. I'm sure everybody on TFS is wishing you well.

Yeah, that’s my goal. I mainly want to help those who suffer anxiety disorders and some other mental health issues. I believe being a BHT would help me actually learn a lot more as well while I begin the next step of my career path.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs