Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#31New Post! Dec 14, 2018 @ 01:59:55
@mrmhead Said
Laugh-in episodes from the beginning.

So far I've seen fat jokes, a Cosby sex joke, A black guy telling a joke about blacks, jokes about gays
Couldn't be tolerated by some these days.

There's also a few Gov Reagan jokes ....
a lot of cigarette smoking, (OMG, now there is a skit "Smoking is good for you" musical/promotion)
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Dec 14, 2018 @ 08:23:01
@josh Said

i really don’t know... maybe i would go back to some kind of mystery that happened just so i could see what really happened.. or maybe i would go back to before i was born and see what my parents or my grandparents were like

This is a popular theme of time travel threads. I've seen this before.

One of the most popular "mysteries" that such people would like to go back to, with a view to finding out what happened, is the Whitechapel murders of 1888 - 1891 committed by the killer who came to be known as Jack The Ripper.

I don't think I'd care for lurking around Duffield's Yard when the drunken Elizabeth Stride stumbled unknowingly towards the killer lurking in the shadows. Not my thing at all.

Another is to find out what really happened to the Princes in the Tower. Was Richard, Duke of Gloucester responsible..? No, I wouldn't want to be witness to infanticide either.

I think the mystery I'd like to resolve is whether or not Anne Boleyn really did commit adultery. And with her brother..? No, I wouldn't want to be standing in the bedroom being a voyeur to the squelchy business. I'd just want to know whether or not it really happened so that, if it didn't, her name could be cleared after all this time.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#33New Post! Dec 14, 2018 @ 13:45:12
I would travel back to last Tuesday to see where I left my keys
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Dec 14, 2018 @ 13:50:46
@Erimitus Said

I would travel back to last Tuesday to see where I left my keys

You've been locked out of your house since Tuesday...??

I hope you didn't leave your kitchen tap running with the plug in.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#35New Post! Dec 14, 2018 @ 16:31:37
@Jennifer1984 Said

This is a popular theme of time travel threads. I've seen this before.

One of the most popular "mysteries" that such people would like to go back to, with a view to finding out what happened, is the Whitechapel murders of 1888 - 1891 committed by the killer who came to be known as Jack The Ripper.

I don't think I'd care for lurking around Duffield's Yard when the drunken Elizabeth Stride stumbled unknowingly towards the killer lurking in the shadows. Not my thing at all.

Another is to find out what really happened to the Princes in the Tower. Was Richard, Duke of Gloucester responsible..? No, I wouldn't want to be witness to infanticide either.

So a guy is a psychiatrist and coincidentally grew up in a butcher shop... so he's good a slicing things.

During his years of psychology study he became interested in serial murders.

He chances upon a time machine and decides to go back in time to find the real Jack The Ripper.

He was lurking around Duffield's Yard when the drunken Elizabeth Stride stumbled out of a pub... she looks at him and in her drunken stupor thinks our time travel is the rich bastard who ripped her off last night. She whips out a straight edged razor and attacks him.

In the process of defending himself our time traveler kills Ms Stridee... oddly he gets a thrill... he realizes that he is in fact Jack the Ripper.... etc.

#36New Post! Dec 14, 2018 @ 17:59:41
@chaski Said

So a guy is a psychiatrist and coincidentally grew up in a butcher shop... so he's good a slicing things.

He chances upon a time machine and decides to go back in time to find the real Jack The Ripper.

He was lurking around Duffield's Yard when the drunken Elizabeth Stride stumbled out of a pub... she looks at him and in her drunken stupor thinks our time travel is the rich bastard who ripped her off last night. She whips out a straight edged razor and attacks him.

In the process of defending himself our time traveler kills Ms Stridee... oddly he gets a thrill... he realizes that he is in fact Jack the Ripper.... etc.

Excellent

NE, Ohio
#37New Post! Dec 14, 2018 @ 21:50:00
@chaski Said

Made me think of Angel Heart - except no time travel.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#38New Post! Dec 15, 2018 @ 00:21:57
@mrmhead Said

Made me think of Angel Heart - except no time travel.

Good movie... yes much the same sort of theme.

My favorite scene was Louis Cypher pealing the egg... when I saw that scene, I looked at a friend and said, "I don't know what else going to happen in this movie, but that guy is going to hell... he just gave the devil his soul...and the devil ate it..."

offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Dec 16, 2018 @ 14:45:08
i'd go back to the time of the first settlement of the Americas by the Europeans and i'd have a supply of machine guns and cannons that only work against those Europeans. wouldn't even fire if pointed at a native. i'd leave an instruction for the natives. 'whenever you see a European open fire and shoot to kill!' that would nip that new world empire in the bud.
Chyna On December 21, 2018

Thomasville, Georgia
#40New Post! Dec 17, 2018 @ 19:06:50
Didn't Nixon get impeached?? @ emiritus

#41New Post! Dec 17, 2018 @ 23:28:01
@Chyna Said

Didn't Nixon get impeached?? @ emiritus

As I remember it Nixon resigned before he was impeached. It was that nice President Clinton who was impeached.

I have often (well not offen) wondered if smoked the cigar?

I sometimes wonder if chaski has the original blue dress.

NE, Ohio
#42New Post! Dec 18, 2018 @ 02:11:22
@Chyna Said

If you could travel back in time to the past, where would you go and why?? I always wanted to travel back to the 1960's because the music from that time period was fantastic and people were standing up for women's rights and African American rights and I also loved the styles of the '60's, like bell bottoms and the bee hive hairdos..Just seemed like an awesome time period!!! 8-]] There was just so much going on in this era!!

If the scenario were to go back and Live in the times, Yes, the '60s would be at the top of my list.
I grew up in the '70s so I missed it by that much
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#43New Post! Dec 18, 2018 @ 11:42:21
I'd go back and kill Harry Gordon Selfridge. The customer isn't always right, they are usually lying moany t***s....
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#44New Post! Dec 18, 2018 @ 12:09:08
@Erimitus Said

As I remember it Nixon resigned before he was impeached. It was that nice President Clinton who was impeached.

I think Nixon was given a Presidential pardon by Gerald Ford which meant he couldn't be tried for any criminal activity after he left office.

Perhaps that was a part of the deal for securing his resignation.

@cole Said

I'd go back and kill Harry Gordon Selfridge. The customer isn't always right, they are usually lying moany t***s. ...

Perhaps you shouldn't judge others by your standards.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#45New Post! Dec 18, 2018 @ 12:28:05
@Jennifer1984 Said

I think Nixon was given a Presidential pardon by Gerald Ford which meant he couldn't be tried for any criminal activity after he left office.

Perhaps that was a part of the deal for securing his resignation.

Perhaps you shouldn't judge others by your standards.
Jesus you're butthurt aren't you?

I can see you being one of those" i know my rights" customers but then not every thread should be about you.....
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs