PLS: ? 21.76

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

Post digestive nuggets
TFS Journal
Beauty
December 11, 2018 @ 02:32:06 am
Beauty is a property constructed in the mind

OR

~ beauty is a property that exists in an ideal form independent of any mind or entity.

Quote | Reply

chaski

Stalker

New Post! December 11, 2018 @ 03:32:45 am
Beauty is a word and human construct used to describe things that are wondrous to sentient minds... given that each sentient mind has its own perspective on what is actually beautiful or wondrous.

Without the sentient mind things still exist... but they are not beautiful but are also not not-beautiful

Maybe.

Erimitus

New Post! December 11, 2018 @ 08:58:11 am
@chaski Said

Beauty is a word and human construct used to describe things that are wondrous to sentient minds... given that each sentient mind has its own perspective on what is actually beautiful or wondrous.

Without the sentient mind things still exist... but they are not beautiful but are also not not-beautiful

Maybe.

TY

gakINGKONG

New Post! December 12, 2018 @ 12:57:57 pm
The permanence of beauty is tied to the permanence of mercy.

70 mph doesn't survive a car crash and I guess my wife's makeup would smear if ever that happened to her. Which means beauty is only as permanent as the mercy of the car dash.

Either way, beauty needs a person somewhere--at least for the one making the observation.

Erimitus

New Post! December 12, 2018 @ 02:11:45 pm
@gakINGKONG Said

The permanence of beauty is tied to the permanence of mercy.

70 mph doesn't survive a car crash and I guess my wife's makeup would smear if ever that happened to her. Which means beauty is only as permanent as the mercy of the car dash.

Either way, beauty needs a person somewhere--at least for the one making the observation.

ty

cole

New Post! December 12, 2018 @ 08:29:30 pm
@Erimitus Said
Beauty is a property constructed in the mind

OR

~ beauty is a property that exists in an ideal form independent of any mind or entity.

Isn't attraction a property constructed in the mind? Not beauty. Beauty exists in a form that the media or society tells us. Much like everything else.

Erimitus

New Post! December 13, 2018 @ 01:06:44 am
@cole Said

Isn't attraction a property constructed in the mind? Not beauty. Beauty exists in a form that the media or society tells us. Much like everything else.

ty

Quote | Reply