The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

opposing immigration will be a hate crime.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Dec 03, 2018 @ 11:08:58
saw a video yesterday of a European union member of parliament stating that there will be an international agreement being signed in morocco on 11th/12th December. the agreement will make it a hate crime to oppose immigration and newspapers that give a platform to an opponent of immigration will be shut down! this seems to be an infringement of free opinion and free speech.the UN has estimated that there are 250 million people waiting to migrate to Europe from Africa and asia ..the French president has said that one day Africa and Europe will be called Eurafrica. he sees that as a positive thing.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 03, 2018 @ 16:51:03
Have you got a link for that...?? Who was the MEP...? Nigel Farage...? He's an MEP, but not exactly a reliable source and one that is always likely to come up with the sort of quotes that Brexiters ascribe vaguely as "a European Parliament member" in the hope that readers will take it as a credible source.

Please verify your sources or your allegation is invalid.

It sounds like Project Fear to me. (I've wanted to say that to a Brexiter for a long time.)

Then again, the Sunday Express told us during the referendum campaign that 12 million Turks were waiting to move to Britain. That was a front page splash, although the subsequent retraction was buried away on an inside page between the weather forecast and the Health Lottery results.

12 Million Turks Moving To Britain..... oops... sorry.

Turkey isn't even an EU member. Never has been. Isn't going to be either.

That's what happens when you take bulls*** as fact.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Dec 03, 2018 @ 17:22:01
Yes, it sounds like right-wing fear mongering.

Hint #1: the conference is on Dec 10 and 11.

... I wonder if tRump will be there.
He'll probably blame global warming on immigrants.

"You got all these extra people. They bring heat. They're heating up the environment.
It's simple.
Keep out the caravans of illegal immigrants, keep out the global warming!"

london, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 05, 2018 @ 12:21:09
@Jennifer1984 Said

Have you got a link for that...?? Who was the MEP...? Nigel Farage...? He's an MEP, but not exactly a reliable source and one that is always likely to come up with the sort of quotes that Brexiters ascribe vaguely as "a European Parliament member" in the hope that readers will take it as a credible source.

It sounds like Project Fear to me. (I've wanted to say that to a Brexiter for a long time.)

Then again, the Sunday Express told us during the referendum campaign that 12 million Turks were waiting to move to Britain. That was a front page splash, although the subsequent retraction was buried away on an inside page between the weather forecast and the Health Lottery results.

it was a news item on yahoo news feed. and the agreement is a follow up to a meeting that paved the way back in spring 2018. the man addressing the meeting was a European and he was saying it as if he thought it was a good thing. it has received hardly any 'news' coverage at all. but you would expect that these days. and, i'm afraid you still haven't used the expression 'project fear' in a discussion with a brexiter because I voted to remain.

london, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 05, 2018 @ 12:23:40
@mrmhead Said

Yes, it sounds like right-wing fear mongering.

Hint #1: the conference is on Dec 10 and 11.

... I wonder if tRump will be there.
He'll probably blame global warming on immigrants.

"You got all these extra people. They bring heat. They're heating up the environment.
It's simple.
Keep out the caravans of illegal immigrants, keep out the global warming!"

I googled it and the terms of the agreement were all there. so it looks like that guy was telling the truth.

london, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Dec 05, 2018 @ 12:26:43
@Jennifer1984 Said

when it comes to the claims about the Turks well, if I remember correctly, and I do, those figures were for the estimated number of Turks that would migrate if Turkey was allowed to join the EU. which is why Turkey shoud not be allowed to join the EU.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Dec 05, 2018 @ 12:37:01
@offbeat Said

when it comes to the claims about the Turks well, if I remember correctly, and I do, those figures were for the estimated number of Turks that would migrate if Turkey was allowed to join the EU. which is why Turkey shoud not be allowed to join the EU.
hasn’t Turkey’s application been in for like 10 years but keeps getting vetoed due to human rights issues.

Project fear is remainer thing 😜 fear that we will somehow fall apart after we leave a decrepit old mans club that is no longer fit for purpose 🇬🇧

london, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Dec 06, 2018 @ 10:59:44
@cole Said

hasn’t Turkey’s application been in for like 10 years but keeps getting vetoed due to human rights issues.

Project fear is remainer thing 😜 fear that we will somehow fall apart after we leave a decrepit old mans club that is no longer fit for purpose 🇬🇧

I voted to remain but over the past two years my eyes have been opened to the controlling nature of the EU. they are intent on humiliating the uk so that other member states aren't tempted to leave. it's clear that we should have not gone down the federal route because it is proving almost impossible to disentangle without causing damage. why couldn't we have been a trading club and left it at that. at the moment it's looking like we're going to still be under some sort of EU control but not have many benefits...and with regard Turkey .... because they have been refused membership for so long we had their president send out a message to turks already living in the EU to have as many children as possible in order to gain control of Europe in another way. so, it's clear to see the danger of allowing them to join the EU.

london, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Dec 10, 2018 @ 12:37:28
the meeting has started in Marrakesh. I still haven't been able to find out if the UK is signing this UN agreement. it would help if the main stream media would actually feature this extremely important issue on the 'news!' but they wont because it's going to be very unpopular. I have seen a list of countries that aren't attending or signing but couldn't see the uk on it... so, I fear the worse. the usa had the good sense to not attend.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Dec 10, 2018 @ 16:02:08
Ahhhh... so it's a United Nations thing and not a European Union thing.

Different organisations, you see.

Mind you, I suppose we could always have a referendum to leave the UN which is an organisation led by non-elected members and requires Britain to follow it's orders over things like Human Rights and designates parts of OUR COUNTRY as World Heritage Centres that we're not then allowed to use to make factories that will help us strike exciting, wonderful trade deals with.... er....... well, somebody...... One day....... Perhaps......

Of course, we have a veto on things like... oh, I dunno.... the Security Council, which is useful I suppose. But it does have its own army, well, not really an army, more a collective of the armed forces of member states who perform peacekeeping roles in designated conflicts.

Like, why should we be vassals to this despotic organisation run from a foreign country to which we, as less than 1% of the membership is forced, against the will of the people, to contribute 3% of its finances when we could be giving that money to the NHS..!!

We should put this on the side of a big red bus without delay so that people will know THE FACTS.

We must take back control immediately. It will be the easiest departure in history and there won't be any consequences... Honest.

What are you looking at me like that for..?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#11New Post! Dec 10, 2018 @ 17:17:09
@Jennifer1984 Said

Ahhhh... so it's a United Nations thing and not a European Union thing.

Different organisations, you see.

Mind you, I suppose we could always have a referendum to leave the UN which is an organisation led by non-elected members and requires Britain to follow it's orders over things like Human Rights and designates parts of OUR COUNTRY as World Heritage Centres that we're not then allowed to use to make factories that will help us strike exciting, wonderful trade deals with.... er....... well, somebody...... One day....... Perhaps......

Of course, we have a veto on things like... oh, I dunno.... the Security Council, which is useful I suppose. But it does have its own army, well, not really an army, more a collective of the armed forces of member states who perform peacekeeping roles in designated conflicts.

Like, why should we be vassals to this despotic organisation run from a foreign country to which we, as less than 1% of the membership is forced, against the will of the people, to contribute 3% of its finances when we could be giving that money to the NHS..!!

We should put this on the side of a big red bus without delay so that people will know THE FACTS.

We must take back control immediately. It will be the easiest departure in history and there won't be any consequences... Honest.

What are you looking at me like that for..?

Yeah! The hell with those globalist organizations...

England First!!

Make England Great Again!!

Renegotiate all your deals with the rest of your UK "partners" .. They're Taking Advantage Of You!!
Bad, bad deals all around.

If you need any help with your campaigns - or votes - let us know. The States have a few experienced criminals. (or soon-to-be criminals)

london, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Dec 10, 2018 @ 21:35:16
just seen a list and the uk along with Canada, Norway, Sweden, Germany and slovenia are intending to sign. I must confess that i'm not in the least surprised by those nations. they seem intent upon self destruction.i'm surprised that france isn't there. in fact they do not appear on the for or against list.. not even on the undecided list. hopefully we will be able to unsign in the future when either (a) we come to our senses or (b) when even the most ardent lefties have realized what a dreadful mistake it was.

london, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Dec 16, 2018 @ 14:31:40
well, it's all signed now ... still seen absolutely nothing about this on main stream media. but, there are enough people in Belgium that do know about it and they are protesting now against the global pact on migration. I very much doubt that the demo' will be on the 'news' though!

london, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Dec 16, 2018 @ 21:03:23
just saw the first mention of this on the mainstream media. but, predictably they've waited until someone demonstrated about the signing and the 'mews' reader described the demonstrators as 'demonstrating against fair treatment of migrants!' what an utter white wash. they are demonstrating against the oppression of a counter argument to mass immigration. the tv media are so crafty labelling it that way. next they'll probably call them right wing, just to isolate them from people who know nothing about the real reason for the immigration agreement. you couldn't make this s**t up.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Dec 17, 2018 @ 09:20:04
Personally, I don't have a problem with anybody cracking down on hate crime. Lord knows, I've had to endure it so I know what it's like to be on the receiving end.

The only people who could possibly object are those who support, are, or would be, hate criminals.

And yes, I did see the demonstration in Belgium, on mainstream news, at prime time, last night.

The protesters have a right to make their point but when it turns to violence... which it invariably does where the extreme right are concerned.... there I draw the line.

Make your protest if you will. Make your point by all means. But do it peacefully.

Not too much to ask, is it..?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs