Stan Lee, Marvel Comics' Real-Life Superhero, Dies at 95

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#1New Post! Nov 12, 2018 @ 19:25:11
Quote:
The feisty writer, editor and publisher was responsible for such iconic characters as Spider-Man, the X-Men, Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther and the Fantastic Four — 'nuff said.

Link

RIP Stan
chaski On about 7 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Nov 12, 2018 @ 19:43:44

twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Nov 12, 2018 @ 19:46:50
stan lee, who created Spider-Man, fantastic four, the avengers, X-Men, and other great superheroes.

in the late 60's, my great aunt lee introduced me to the world of marvel comics. she worked at record company in chicago, with a box of literally close 60 albums for me and my siblings in the mail. there were two audio reading records, before what we have now. each record had a comic book with it. one comic was the first issue of fantastic four and other record had the first issue of the might thor. listen to the record and follow and read the comic book. I learned to read from reading comic books.

when I was a teen, I always want to Spider-Man and reed Richards, the leader of the fantastic four. I read comic books from 60's to early 90's. stan's stories in comic books are so well written than dc. stan shows the man or the woman's growth in details. for example, peter parker alias Spider-Man in the first 20 issues of " the amazing Spider-Man ' , you more about peter than Spider-Man. with dc, you know about more batman in 100 issues, you know little about bruce wayne. why marvel is the best of the two. this why marvel movies are better dc movies.

many ways, stan was a role model not only to kids and as adults, but he really care about what kids read. even in 60, before he step down from marvel. he tackle issues what the issues that happen that today in the news. no topics not explored by stan.

his legacy and his superheroes will always live in hearts of those who has imagination. r.i.p, stan!

marvel comics legend stan lee dies at 95
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Nov 12, 2018 @ 19:53:51
Merged topics
chaski On about 7 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#5New Post! Nov 12, 2018 @ 23:19:04
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#6New Post! Nov 13, 2018 @ 02:16:17
RIP.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 16, 2018 @ 12:00:03
now there'll be no one to oppose Spiderman being turned into a gay character.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#8New Post! Nov 18, 2018 @ 13:52:05
@offbeat Said

now there'll be no one to oppose Spiderman being turned into a gay character.

You mean those spandex superhero outfits aren’t gay to begin with?
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#9New Post! Nov 21, 2018 @ 03:18:17
Comics are to novels as the military is to college. Imma too stoopid for books from the libarry but hey we all like Snuffy Smith and Jughead in the funnies ammirite?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Nov 21, 2018 @ 04:51:25
back in the 80's, they first started graphic novels, they were more adult origination than archie comics, rich rich comics, casper- the friendly ghost, and even, mad magazines, creepy,errie, and horror graphic magazines. from 60's to 80's, when growing up, watchman, walking dead, and other graphic novels. never even be consider back in 60's and 70's. because of contents for the kids to read, and they were to far ahead of their time to publish.

in the marvel, with first graphic novels, were Spider-Man, and marvel super-heroes. being the graphic novels, reprinted first 20 issues like Spider-Man into a novel. to see these graphic novels work out not. in the 80's, marvel started a different kind of cartoon drawers with new type of drawings. the drawings were like 60's through 80's, rough, ugly, and too more space in comic book's panels were in comic books back then. I personally never like this kind of drawing in comic books.

batman probably in the 80's through 90's has more complex stories to compare dc's other superheroes like superman and the flash are just completely back then, stupid, not unbelieve m still stupid, too. I personally didn't care what happened, to the character, after reading the comic book.

no statement behind this post, what happened in marvel and dc in 90's, that both companies, almost went bankrupt, because new way of drawing. both companies thought this direction was the best thing at the time.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Nov 21, 2018 @ 05:19:00
in the 70's, archie and d.c comics launched reader digest's size comic books. today, archie still use this type of format.

in 70's and 80's, marvel launched actually paperbook novels and first 20 issues of Spider-Man, fantastic four, the incredible hulk, and doctor strange. marvel then launched the first kind of graphic comic book that reprinted a story that actually the covers of the comic books were in front of the story like buying the comic book. in a graphic novel, that a six part storyline, the novel would all six part in it. the cover of each part would the first thing to see.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Nov 21, 2018 @ 09:08:57
True genius never dies and i'm sure in 300 years if mankind make it they will be studying the likes of Stan like we study Shakespeare.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs