Forums:
News & Current Events

Hill-Ford

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#1New Post! Sep 20, 2018 @ 00:24:03
Are these not two completely different circumstances?

Browsing through a brief refresher, Anita Hill's problems were #1 - Getting the allegations out (yes, simplifying it for brevity ... too late) and #2 - It was work place harassment.

The Ford claim is about a drunken high school boy at a party almost 35 years ago.
- Certainly not justifying anything, but really - who hasn't changed in the past 35 years?

If more recent accusations come about, reflecting on who he is now, then of course they deserve (more?) attention.

This whole thing just doesn't sound right.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Sep 20, 2018 @ 00:25:41
... remind me to never run for office

chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Sep 20, 2018 @ 01:28:26
Yes, not the same.

For me, I’ve never had a problem with not trying to force myself on women (or men for that matter).

My issue would be all the people calling me out for flipping them off on the highway.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Sep 20, 2018 @ 01:58:30
@chaski Said

Yes, not the same.

For me, I’ve never had a problem with not trying to force myself on women (or men for that matter).

My issue would be all the people calling me out for flipping them off on the highway.

flippity flip
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#5New Post! Sep 20, 2018 @ 02:01:52
@mrmhead Said

Browsing through a brief refresher, Anita Hill's problems were #1 - Getting the allegations out (yes, simplifying it for brevity ... too late) and #2 - It was work place harassment.

The Ford claim is about a drunken high school boy at a party almost 35 years ago.
- Certainly not justifying anything, but really - who hasn't changed in the past 35 years?

If more recent accusations come about, reflecting on who he is now, then of course they deserve (more?) attention.

Probably, but nobody over there in Washington will dare say it.

This whole thing is about delay vs. expedience. Otherwise it would have been yesterday’s news at this point, for better or worse.

Everything is centered around the election cycle. Washington doesn’t really care about anything else anymore.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! Sep 20, 2018 @ 03:09:06

I would vote for her.

I hope she wins and it pisses of Cadet Bone Spurs.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#7New Post! Sep 20, 2018 @ 06:13:22
@mrmhead Said

I suppose the issue then becomes, what's the statute of limitations for sexual assault? Well, in the case of Maryland, sexual assault's statute of limitations runs out 7 years after the date the victim attains the age of majority. Considering this is supposed to have happened 3 decades ago, that statute is long since gone.

In that sense, the only question remaining is whether the committee is willing to confirm with this hanging over the nominee's head. Whether it's enough of an issue will end up being decided by them and the general public, in much the same way Hill's case boiled down to.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs