Forums:
Q & A

got's some questions

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mistakendreams On October 15, 2018

Apache Junction, Arizona
#1New Post! Sep 10, 2018 @ 19:59:30
I’m a 16-year-old and was wondering this because I’ve been being abused for about 5 years and have just within the last few months realized that I’m being abused. I’m gonna run away there’s no way to stop me and I actually have abutted 4–5 questions

can a 16-year-old enroll himself in high school

how long till nobody recognizes me from an amber alert

should I go to my trusted friend/adult (who i feel won’t snitch me out) after I get out

will I get hired anywhere

can I go back to my school after a week
I’m suspended and have 4 more day’s to go but then i was thinking maybe I should wait a week before going back to school
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#2New Post! Sep 10, 2018 @ 20:12:53
@mistakendreams Said

I’m a 16-year-old and was wondering this because I’ve been being abused for about 5 years and have just within the last few months realized that I’m being abused. I’m gonna run away there’s no way to stop me and I actually have abutted 4–5 questions

should I go to my trusted friend/adult (who i feel won’t snitch me out) after I get out

I’m suspended and have 4 more day’s to go but then i was thinking maybe I should wait a week before going back to school

You don’t need to run away. Just report the abuse to any authority (like a teacher) and, by law, they have to report it to the proper personnel that will immediately remove you from the situation for you. Then you won’t be in danger and can still go to school without penalty. What’s more, you you will get the proper help you need in healing from the abuse. And yes, you need it.
mrmhead On about 24 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Sep 10, 2018 @ 20:31:33
@mistakendreams Said

There won't be an amber alert unless you are abducted, in perceived danger, and they have something to go on - a car make/model, description of abductor ..etc

Otherwise, you'll just be another one of a million missing kids. And if you're identified a "runaway", there'll be even less emphasis on officials looking.

And besides, I have my doubts if this post is even true.
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#5New Post! Sep 11, 2018 @ 16:31:08
@Leon Said

You don’t need to run away. Just report the abuse to any authority (like a teacher) and, by law, they have to report it to the proper personnel that will immediately remove you from the situation for you. Then you won’t be in danger and can still go to school without penalty. What’s more, you you will get the proper help you need in healing from the abuse. And yes, you need it.

I went to school with a girl in a similar situation. Her parents (or was it the mother and a boyfirend?) went to jail. After a couple of days in some kind of dormitory for kids, she lived with her grandparents. It happened mostly just like you said.

Looking back on it, my friend said that she wished that she had kept a diary to document the situation.
mistakendreams On October 15, 2018

Apache Junction, Arizona
#6New Post! Sep 17, 2018 @ 19:54:41
@Ghyda Said

I went to school with a girl in a similar situation. Her parents (or was it the mother and a boyfirend?) went to jail. After a couple of days in some kind of dormitory for kids, she lived with her grandparents. It happened mostly just like you said.

Looking back on it, my friend said that she wished that she had kept a diary to document the situation.

that's actually a great idea
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#7New Post! Sep 18, 2018 @ 03:21:00
@mistakendreams Said

that's actually a great idea

If you keep a diary as a means of documentation, you should keep it like a captain would keep a ships log or a scientist would keep a scientific notebook.

I would do it something like the following.

You should write it in a bound notebook, which cannot have pages added. You should record the date and time of every entry. You should fill all the space, so that information cannot be added later. Don't change anything after you have written it, except that if you write something that you want to change, you may change it by crossing it out in a manner that it can still be read. IF you do make changes, it must be done immediately after the entry is written, not the next day or next week. Number all the pages. If you do record information, which later turns out to have been wrong, don't change it. Just record a new entry in which you record the correct information.

A scientist would show the information to outside persons and have each person date and sign that they have read it. It's a rule of patent law.

If I were in your situation, I would likely not have the courage to show it to anyone until I showed it to a lawyer.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs