Forums:
News & Current Events

Attacks in Schools

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#1New Post! Jul 15, 2018 @ 23:15:49
"Western-style education and schools have long been a target for terrorist groups. The worst school attack happened in 2004, when Chechen rebels ... held a school in the Russian city of Beslan hostage on the first day of the school year. ... the Russian government stormed the building. 186 children were killed. Attacks on educational institutions have skyrocketed since the Beslan attack — peaking at roughly 400 attempted attacks in 2014 before falling to around 250 attacks in 2016, according to the Global Terrorism Database."

AEI

Seems like I should google "school attacks" or something similar every day, so I can know about this subject. Or maybe something more general like terrorist attacks, so I can know what percent of attacks are against schools.

The people involved in this have tongue-twisting names like "Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal-Jihad."
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Jul 15, 2018 @ 23:51:22
@Ghyda Said

"Western-style education and schools have long been a target for terrorist groups. The worst school attack happened in 2004, when Chechen rebels ... held a school in the Russian city of Beslan hostage on the first day of the school year. ... the Russian government stormed the building. 186 children were killed. Attacks on educational institutions have skyrocketed since the Beslan attack — peaking at roughly 400 attempted attacks in 2014 before falling to around 250 attacks in 2016, according to the Global Terrorism Database."

AEI

Seems like I should google "school attacks" or something similar every day, so I can know about this subject. Or maybe something more general like terrorist attacks, so I can know what percent of attacks are against schools.

The people involved in this have tongue-twisting names like "Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal-Jihad."

Except in the USA the trend is not terrorists attacking the schools.

And we seem to be in the middle of the peak right now.

But maybe I'm wrong.
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#3New Post! Jul 16, 2018 @ 08:28:56
@chaski Said

Except in the USA the trend is not terrorists attacking the schools.

And we seem to be in the middle of the peak right now.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe we use the wrong label. Maybe instead of terrorist we should say, "Angry, self-absorbed psychopath."
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs