Forums: Entertainment:
Television

BattleBots

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mrmhead On about 18 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#1New Post! Oct 12, 2017 @ 01:20:33
I've been watching BattleBots on Science channel lately - Started in early summer. (I used to watch them years ago in the original run)

There's some pretty wicked machines there.

And they way the build it up and format the show is a real spectacle (I usually just FF to the battles and get through it in 20 minutes)

Can't wait until the game evolves to Bots vs Humans!!

twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Oct 12, 2017 @ 02:18:01
@mrmhead Said

I've been watching BattleBots on Science channel lately - Started in early summer. (I used to watch them years ago in the original run)

There's some pretty wicked machines there.

And they way the build it up and format the show is a real spectacle (I usually just FF to the battles and get through it in 20 minutes)

Can't wait until the game evolves to Bots vs Humans!!

the last two to five summers off and on, i been watching battlebots depending if abc or sff channel. battlebots started England. i noticed on tv about ten or twenty years ago.

i really like enjoying watching battlebots. it is aquire taste. so if have any young battlebots at home, this might be disturbing for them to watch.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#3New Post! Oct 12, 2017 @ 19:14:28
I miss that show. That and Robot Wars, the UK equivalent. It was in North America for a few seasons with Mic Foley as the host. I think I liked that one a bit better because it had the 'boss bots' on the field in particular areas that'd come after you if you ventured too close or would swoop in to finish your bot off if it was clearly losing.

Sgt. Slaughter, Matilda, Sir Kill-a-lot... I can't remember the others, but I remember there was one competitor whose bot actually killed off Matilda and I think Sgt. Slaughter at one point. He tried going after Kill-a-lot, but I think its claw got heavily damaged that fight.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Oct 12, 2017 @ 22:06:52
I used watched " robot wars " on pbs, I think . It was Saturday night from 7:00-8:00pm. I think it was for three to five summers. it was five or ten years ago.

this show was the first time. I ever saw this fun on tv for awhile. skunky - the two hosts were fun to watch, they really sell the show.

the show remind of one of my favorite toys, when I was a kid, called " battle tops " that four spinning tops in a little plastic arena that four tops spinning and knocking each others out the arena. the winner - the top left in the arena, wins.

only drag point in the both tv shows, that the shows more a big deal how time the shows take the time for the audience to get know each team and their robot, and how it was build and aftermass, the fight is over.

I rather see more battles during the hour, less talk.
mrmhead On about 18 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! May 31, 2018 @ 02:06:38
New season started 3 weeks ago.
Just finished watching the new one.

For whatever reason, I really dig this stuff!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs