quirky=sick

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#16New Post! Apr 07, 2018 @ 07:03:15
@chisa96 Said

sounds kinda new-agey... but hey... if you believe in that stuff it really can work... sounds kinda interesting...

maybe some kind of placebo effect

#17New Post! Apr 07, 2018 @ 07:04:45
@Komentenmelodie Said

Personally I think that society likes to stick "labels" onto people & this helps them to do it!

And once you have been labeled it is very difficult to get rid of the label.

#18New Post! Apr 07, 2018 @ 07:08:04
@Willi Said

My wife has been told by our family counselor she is most likely in the autism spectrum with ADD parts.
Helps me know.
Helps her to know.
Never say"Well, that's just me", or "If you love me you should except me as I am".
We ALL need to be aware of what we do.
I have PTSD with some OCD.
I have a list of things to work on to make me a better human.
Our target should be to die an enlightened person, not full of excuses

I have not been labeled yet.

If it would help me get free weed they can label me as whatever they want.

#19New Post! Apr 07, 2018 @ 07:19:23
@Cpat92 Said

Another issue is that people are too quick to go for medication. There are methods to tackle Depression without the need of medication. That’s why people should try going to a psychologist before going to a psychiatrist. It also may be possible some cases of depression are false.

You, as I understand it, a psychology major. Do you plan on going for a masters and then work in the field.

It is interesting that you, a psychologist, believe a psychologist should be consulted first. Probably just a coincidence.

If I understand correctly antidepressants mask the symptoms and pharmacologists are not even sure how they work. And ...and of course there are side effects.

I never took more than psyc 101 and the only reason I took it was because it was a requisite for the program I was in. And that was a whole great big lot of years ago and I am not very good at remembering.

Anyway, I am not familiar with false depression. Would you mind explaining?

#20New Post! Apr 07, 2018 @ 07:22:23
@Erimitus Said

maybe some kind of placebo effect

It is, however, difficult to argue with success. If it works use it.

Of course post hoc ergo propter hoc ought be considered.
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#21New Post! Apr 07, 2018 @ 18:27:12
A big question with all the medications is that do they really work. I for one would not be keen about taking anything that did not make me feel any better (if that's what its supposed to do. I do not like walking around like a pharmacy!
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#22New Post! Apr 07, 2018 @ 22:36:01
@Erimitus Said

You, as I understand it, a psychology major. Do you plan on going for a masters and then work in the field.

It is interesting that you, a psychologist, believe a psychologist should be consulted first. Probably just a coincidence.

If I understand correctly antidepressants mask the symptoms and pharmacologists are not even sure how they work. And ...and of course there are side effects.

I never took more than psyc 101 and the only reason I took it was because it was a requisite for the program I was in. And that was a whole great big lot of years ago and I am not very good at remembering.

Anyway, I am not familiar with false depression. Would you mind explaining?

I do plan on working after I graduate with my master’s and a certificate to practice. I would like to go for my doctorates but I want to have work experience first. I learned that a psychologist is there to help you while a psychiatrist prescribes medication. There are moments where medication may be needed, but in my opinion I believe they should consult a counselor first.

False Depression is basically just like any false diagnosis. It’s faked. There is also cases where depression can be treated without the need of medication.

#23New Post! Apr 07, 2018 @ 23:18:05
@Cpat92 Said

I do plan on working after I graduate with my master’s and a certificate to practice. I would like to go for my doctorates but I want to have work experience first. I learned that a psychologist is there to help you while a psychiatrist prescribes medication. There are moments where medication may be needed, but in my opinion I believe they should consult a counselor first.

False Depression is basically just like any false diagnosis. It’s faked. There is also cases where depression can be treated without the need of medication.

TY

#24New Post! Apr 07, 2018 @ 23:25:36
@Erimitus Said

TY

This just came to mind. When I was a paramedic we had patients called IBDs

IBD = I be dying.

IBD's are usually street people who cannot pay and who fake being sick because they are looking for a bed to sleep in and some food.

Our medical director, Dr. Perez, made sure all IBD's got a foley catheter. We seldom got repeat business from IBD's.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#25New Post! Apr 08, 2018 @ 19:56:45
@Erimitus Said

I have not been labeled yet.

If it would help me get free weed they can label me as whatever they want.

Knowing what PTSD is helps me see what PTSD does to me.
I have a target.
No fun shooting without a target.
I see my goal.

#26New Post! Apr 09, 2018 @ 01:49:25
@Willi Said

Knowing what PTSD is helps me see what PTSD does to me.
I have a target.
No fun shooting without a target.
I see my goal.

Personal questions:

What does PTSD do to you?

How did you get PTSD?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs