The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Music

Ringo

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#1New Post! Mar 20, 2018 @ 17:08:26
I see that Ringo Starr has now been knighted (only about 10 years after Paul) why the time difference I wonder? I cannot stand Mcartney he is so arrogant IMHO, he is not the "be all & end of" British pop music. I think it sucks that my mate Phil has not been knighted, I will have to mention that the next time I have tea & crumpets with HRH!!
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Mar 20, 2018 @ 19:50:19
@Komentenmelodie Said

I see that Ringo Starr has now been knighted (only about 10 years after Paul) why the time difference I wonder? I cannot stand Mcartney he is so arrogant IMHO, he is not the "be all & end of" British pop music. I think it sucks that my mate Phil has not been knighted, I will have to mention that the next time I have tea & crumpets with HRH!!

It was the nose... its always the nose.

#3New Post! Mar 20, 2018 @ 22:54:12
Well that's one reason I guess!!
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#4New Post! Mar 20, 2018 @ 23:41:40
Well, my 1st thought was "he's the drummer"... but drummers are cool.

Then again Phil (as in Collins) hasn't been knighted yet... maybe it is the drummer thing...
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Mar 20, 2018 @ 23:45:02
@Komentenmelodie Said

I know, and it isn't even the real Paul.

Well, I guess by now he's been Paul longer than he was Billy.

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Mar 20, 2018 @ 23:48:10
@Komentenmelodie Said

I think Peter would deserve it more.

#7New Post! Mar 21, 2018 @ 04:08:24
I will stick with Phil, he would appreciate it more.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#8New Post! Mar 22, 2018 @ 00:23:59
Then there are George and John....

So of the "Fab Four" Paul gets knighted... Ringo, George and John>>> Nope.

Yet Bob Geldof was.

Sure, one could argue that George and John died too soon, knighthoods aren't granted posthumously or something like that. But why did "they" wait so long!?

NOTE: I did read somewhere that John declined for some reason(s).

And Slow Hand... what about him?

I mean Elton John knighted over Eric Clapton... WTF!

Bowie declined... ok... cool...

Out of the music realm Aldous Huxley apparently declined as well... so many reasons why that is sad.

Would "you" accept the "honor"?

I would.

Sir Chaski of TFS

#9New Post! Mar 24, 2018 @ 01:10:50
Bob Geldoff I think was awarded it because of Live aid etc. many of these awards are given for the service to the entertainment (or other area), its not all about charity work. For the most part I feel turning one down is just a "pr" stunt, there is no such thing as bad "pr"!! I am not a fan of the beatles at all & I do not see why they are seen as the "be all & end all" of music, yes they had there day, I see Paul as being very arrogant which is hardly good. Phil has brought just as much pleasure to the people (if not more than many)yet it has not been recognized by a knighthood sadly.

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Mar 24, 2018 @ 01:13:02
@Komentenmelodie Said

Bob Geldoff I think was awarded it because of Live aid etc. many of these awards are given for the service to the entertainment (or other area), its not all about charity work. For the most part I feel turning one down is just a "pr" stunt, there is no such thing as bad "pr"!! I am not a fan of the beatles at all & I do not see why they are seen as the "be all & end all" of music, yes they had there day, I see Paul as being very arrogant which is hardly good. Phil has brought just as much pleasure to the people (if not more than many)yet it has not been recognized by a knighthood sadly.

Wait.. Bob didn't get it for being Pink? .. like an Emmy or an Oscar?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs