New Jersey
United States
PLS: ? 0

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

iam_bygrace
TFS Journal
What is a REAL CHRISTian????
March 23, 2018 @ 06:34:25 am
Many times I am out and about and I hear people say to me, God bless you and I am a Christian right after they get done cussing and they are dressed in tight clothes showing off half of their bodies, or they are smoking an L or smoking a cigarette... In my mind, I'm like really? You are a CHRISTian???

Let me school you on what a REAL CHRISTian is.

Right before i got SAVED by CHRIST i thought i was a REAL CHRISTian too. When a friend of mine was telling me about how she got saved and how excited she was about it, i commenced to cussing her out, and telling her, "don't f...ing tell me i love God, i know God, don't you f...ing tell me about God as i nicely cussed her out, while i said i loved God.

I was not SAVED yet at this point, so i THOUGHT i was a CHRISTian!!

i learned later when i really got SAVED that REAL CHRISTians do not talk like this.

What is being SAVED???

SAVED from what????

SAVED from SIN!!!

We were all...

Psalm 51:5
Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Meaning: we were all born into a sinful world and we all sinned. Once Adam and Eve sinned in the garden by disobeying God, sin entered the world.

So GOD sent JESUS

Before Jesus in order for people to be forgiven or freed from their sin, they had to offer certain animals to God to be cleansed of their sin. There had to be a sacrifice.

So JESUS was sent to earth from heaven, GOD's SON to live a completely sinless life on earth in a flesh body to show us how to live.

JESUS was GOD in the flesh, and He had to walk the earth without sin to show us how to live a sinless or sinfree life.

YES we can live on earth without sin!!

I have heard too many times that it is just not possible, but JESUS did it!!

GOD'S TRUE (REAL) children do live sinless lives

We make mistakes, we sometimes do fall into to sin and have to ask for forgiveness, but we DO NOT LIVE in SIN!!

We LIVE IN CHRIST

Acts 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Jesus did not die on the cross for us to live in sin and repent, repent, repent

A true CHRISTian does repent daily, but i mean we do not smoke, drink, cuss, go to the club, dress like hoes, treat people any kind of way and then say, "I'm a Christian, I love God, I'm going to heaven."

Nope, ain't nobody gonna live in a holy place with GOD, cussing, drinking, smoking and acting any kind of way in heaven. What in the world would we go there for if it is like that? A place that people can live worldly and carnal and evil?

Heaven is not a place for evil!

Revelations 21

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Please understand. We are not saved until we repent, ask GOD to forgive us for our sins, mean it (we don't want our old lives anymore), turn away from our old lives, and give our lives to GOD (JESUS)

We are saying that we are leaving the old life and old person behind, and then GOD(JESUS) SAVES us from that sinful life we were in and we become reborn into GOD's kingdom through the sacrificial blood of CHRIST for our sins.

We become forgiven and then we have to ask GOD for HIM to fill us with HIS HOLY SPIRIT, so that we can stay away from sin, because we live in a sinful world.

The HOLY SPIRIT is the SPIRIT of GOD(JESUS) HIMSELF coming to live on the inside of us. All we have to do is ask for HIM to come live in us.

Luke 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

John 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Basically, the REAL CHRISTians are CHRIST like or like CHRIST we do not live in sin, cuss, fight, lie, steal, smoke, drink..... we are the people who live HOLY who....

Hebrews 11
4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.

21 By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

22 By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.

23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.

24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

29 By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.

34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38 (Of whom the world was not worthy they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

We are the people who suffer even though we don't sin, we are the people who sinners cuss out, envy, hate, treat any kind of way, and we don't fight back, we hold our peace. We are the people who help the down and out and don't ask for anything in return, we are the people who are praying at 3am and midnight and all night while sinners are partying or smoking and drinking. We are the people who live in the background who are interceding for the sick the hurt the downcast and no one is no the wiser. The REAL CHRISTians don't have to say anything they live and the world sees that GOD is with us. It is our lifestyle.

HOLINESS!!!

Hebrews 12:14
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Quote | Reply

gakINGKONG

New Post! March 23, 2018 @ 11:14:33 am
I believe that a "real" Christian is a person who has any sort of love for Jesus at all.

I also think (from a non-smoker perspective) that smoking a morally neutral event.

Erimitus

New Post! March 23, 2018 @ 11:26:30 am
Wheew! That was a long one.

There are non-Christians

There are true Christians

There are false Christians

There are whole great big lots of varieties of Christianity. Each (it seems to me) holds that their's to be the true Christianity.

What they all have in common is the belief that Jesus was (and still is I suppose) a god. Well technically a demigod (i.e., half god half human).

I am glad to hear you have found salvation. I hope your faith is strong. I suspect your ideas are going to be attacked.

Erimitus

New Post! March 23, 2018 @ 11:43:57 am
Mat 7:1

Erimitus

New Post! March 23, 2018 @ 12:15:28 pm
After thought: I ended my earlier post with... "your thoughts are going to be attacked"

I would like to replace the word attacked with the word challenged.

Your ideas are going to be challenged. Which (of course) is the whole point of dialect.

mrmhead

New Post! March 23, 2018 @ 03:18:43 pm
A real christian is defined by the individual to the extent it makes themselves feel good enough.

mrmhead

New Post! March 23, 2018 @ 03:20:26 pm
"I'm a real christian because I go to that big building every Sunday, put money in the plate and say I'm sorry for beating my kids"

chaski

Stalker

New Post! March 23, 2018 @ 03:52:57 pm
Wow, you didn't even make it out of your 1st paragraph before getting it wrong.

So many things wrong with that "holier than thou" nonsense.

Bottom line: YOU do not get to pass judgment on who is or is not a "REAL CHRISTian". You also don't get to decide who goes to heaven.

God alone does that.

If YOU want to be a "REAL CHRISTian" maybe you should drop the judgmental preaching and live and speak as Jesus.

Quite frankly while you proclaim "i got SAVED by CHRIST" your post reads more like you got duped by a cult like sect of pseudo christians (Jehovah's Witnesses?).

Pease be with you, perhaps someday you will find the way.

Erimitus

New Post! March 23, 2018 @ 05:15:29 pm
@mrmhead Said

"I'm a real christian because I go to that big building every Sunday, put money in the plate and say I'm sorry for beating my kids"

OH YEAH! Well I don't go to any big building but I do put more money in the plate. Obviously I am more sorry....

Komentenmelodie

New Post! March 24, 2018 @ 12:50:26 am
Firstly there is NO perfect Christian. There is a sign outside a Church that I sometimes pass that says "No Perfect people Allowed"!! God sent his Son to die for the sins of man. A Christian is not supposed to do many things not judging is one of them "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" (no idea the reference though). There as far as I know nothing about not drinking, but cussing & low morality etc it speaks of. Sadly in many of these cases those "things" are a choice that is made to do or not. add to that peer pressure etc & you have many reasons why the everyone will fail. I guess for a Christian the difference is that God forgives us for our failures if we are repentant. Christians are not supposed to believe that they are better than others or look down at others.

Erimitus

New Post! March 24, 2018 @ 08:37:30 am
John 8:7

A mob was about to stone an adulteress to death
Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
Suddenly a stone flew over the mob and hit Jesus in the head.
Jesus said, Mother please!

God forgives us for our failures if we are repentant. If only I could forgive myself.

Christians are not supposed to believe that they are better than others or look down at others. Yet many frequently do. More righteous than thou….

A real Christian = Matt 22:36

mrmhead

New Post! March 24, 2018 @ 03:17:20 pm
@Komentenmelodie Said
I guess for a Christian the difference is that God forgives us for our failures if we are repentant.

By "Us" do you mean Christians, or Humanity (any human)?

Komentenmelodie

New Post! March 24, 2018 @ 05:41:20 pm
Its an individual thing essentially because you have to believe/follow Him which for it to work as a "group" would only happen (I guess) if everyone was on board. God sent his Son for our sins (all of us) its then our choice how we react to that. He gave us freewill to follow him or not!

cole

New Post! April 13, 2018 @ 06:39:43 pm
I tend to find true CHRISTian's the least christian like. All that holier than thou s*** is tedious at best. They are the least tolerant of people and tend to dislike/disapprove of anything or anyone that doesn't follow/adhere to their made up moral code.

think you would make an excellent door knocker delivering the Watchtower.

Allah be with you...

mrmhead

New Post! April 13, 2018 @ 08:59:19 pm
@cole Said

I tend to find true CHRISTian's the least christian like. All that holier than thou s*** is tedious at best. They are the least tolerant of people and tend to dislike/disapprove of anything or anyone that doesn't follow/adhere to their made up moral code.

think you would make an excellent door knocker delivering the Watchtower.

Allah be with you...

Well..
I hope you enjoy your eternity burning in hell for that!

Pages: 1 2
Quote | Reply