Often - but I need the pressure
Not often - only when things get out of hand
Never - Just...never.
View Results
Crystallynn1892 On May 26, 2018

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Mar 22, 2018 @ 23:00:40
Hello Students!

I am in my last round of classes before graduating. Just four more to be exact and let me tell you, it is such a struggle to stay on top of my school work! I am a big procrastinator. I do this, not only in college life but in my personal life as well. I will say that then when I first started in college, I was on a roll. I was on time and took pride in getting things done early. However, that quickly changed after several classes in. Each class of mine explains how many days late we can submit our work before it will not be accepted. I had fallen into the habit of submitting my work at the last possible second. I would say to myself that points were better than no points.

Recently, something happened. Something in me, determination, just sprouted out and I said to myself: I am going to get everything due later this week done TODAY! And I did! It was a great experience but that feeling has not returned. I really want to go all out these last few classes.

For all those who procrastinate but are working towards changing that, whether that means changing ones view of procrastination or ways of getting rid of it, please share of what you are doing!

Thank you so much!!!
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Mar 22, 2018 @ 23:39:11
Aren't we all students?
Shouldn't we always be learning?

Anyways, my procrastination deterrent is fear.

Fear of the unknown to be more precise.

What if something happens that prevents me from completing a task/paper/(paying a bill) - whatever - on time, if I can get it done sooner.

That doesn't mean I never put things off though, I just get it done before it's an emergency.

... that way I can deal with other emergencies if they come up.

And when you're married with kids and pets, that will happen...

Just an old man rambling,
And Welcome - Stick around.

chaski On about 12 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Mar 23, 2018 @ 01:45:55
Its been years, but I never procrastinated in college.

I was the nerd reading the assignments on day one as a freshman. I love to learn and loved university. I was so good at not procrastinating (and scheduling my classes) that in my senior year I was finished with all assignments midway through the semester. Living in Florida that meant that my last 2+ months at university were spent at the beach on vacation.

My sons took to university even more than I.

One just got accepted for a graduate program at an Ivy League school... +/-75% paid.

Why?

Because he didn't procrastinate.

Don't procrastinate... it is stupid.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#4New Post! Mar 23, 2018 @ 01:52:39
@Crystallynn1892 Said

Hello Students!

I am in my last round of classes before graduating. Just four more to be exact and let me tell you, it is such a struggle to stay on top of my school work! I am a big procrastinator. I do this, not only in college life but in my personal life as well. I will say that then when I first started in college, I was on a roll. I was on time and took pride in getting things done early. However, that quickly changed after several classes in. Each class of mine explains how many days late we can submit our work before it will not be accepted. I had fallen into the habit of submitting my work at the last possible second. I would say to myself that points were better than no points.

Recently, something happened. Something in me, determination, just sprouted out and I said to myself: I am going to get everything due later this week done TODAY! And I did! It was a great experience but that feeling has not returned. I really want to go all out these last few classes.

For all those who procrastinate but are working towards changing that, whether that means changing ones view of procrastination or ways of getting rid of it, please share of what you are doing!

Thank you so much!!!

Hello, I am Erimitus and I am a procrastinator.

Procrastination is the postponing of doing

It is (as I understand it) generally agreed that procrastination is other than good.

Q. Why do I (and my fellow procrastinators do it)?

Q. How did you overcome the problem

----------------

I suppose that will power is at least a factor.

Q. Can willpower be drained? (e.g., a person under a lot of stress might not have enough mental energy needed) This hypotheses (I suppose) would be impossible (or at the least) very difficult to test).

And (I suppose) impulsiveness is also other than good....

Anyway, there is (I believe) a sweet spot between and the problem (of course) is finding it.

or not

#5New Post! Mar 23, 2018 @ 01:57:04
@chaski Said

Its been years, but I never procrastinated in college.

I was the nerd reading the assignments on day one as a freshman. I love to learn and loved university. I was so good at not procrastinating (and scheduling my classes) that in my senior year I was finished with all assignments midway through the semester. Living in Florida that meant that my last 2+ months at university were spent at the beach on vacation.

My sons took to university even more than I.

One just got accepted for a graduate program at an Ivy League school... +/-75% paid.

Why?

Because he didn't procrastinate.

Don't procrastinate... it is stupid.

I am an inveterate procrastinator. One time (this is the truth or very close to it) ...one time I finished what I considered a very good paper about two months after I failed the course.
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#6New Post! Mar 24, 2018 @ 17:55:52
I do not know about procrastination in college but there is way more in politics & government. If people stopped sitting on fences & got on with it the country would be much better (and they would not get splinters in there butts)!!!

#7New Post! Mar 24, 2018 @ 19:45:13
Personally (on the positive side) I get a whole great big lot of stuff done while I am avoiding whatever it is I do not want to do.
Stalker

#8New Post! Mar 25, 2018 @ 02:39:29
I used to sort of procrastinate about working out (either the gym or running).

However, I'm good at ignoring myself.

I would literally be telling myself that "I'm not going to workout today" all the way to the gym... by ignoring myself, I always ended up doing the very thing that I wanted to procrastinate about doing.

#9New Post! Mar 25, 2018 @ 05:43:19
@chaski Said

I used to sort of procrastinate about working out (either the gym or running).

However, I'm good at ignoring myself.

I would literally be telling myself that "I'm not going to workout today" all the way to the gym... by ignoring myself, I always ended up doing the very thing that I wanted to procrastinate about doing.

I am good once I get to the gym. Getting myself there is the problem.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Mar 25, 2018 @ 15:38:46
Well, I semi-procrastinated in doing my local taxes.
I think I'm well on my way to full procrastination to actually paying them.
Stalker

#11New Post! Mar 25, 2018 @ 17:02:37
@mrmhead Said

Well, I semi-procrastinated in doing my local taxes.
I think I'm well on my way to full procrastination to actually paying them.

You just need to modify your thinking... you could call your "procrastination" something else... like "taxation protest".
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs