Random

Unpopular Opinion

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Mar 20, 2018 @ 14:09:01
I may be ridiculed or looked at differently, but I am tired of hearing of the Stoneman Douglas incident. I keep hearing about how these teens are “brave” and all this, but I haven’t heard anything about the shooter. The news here is giving this so much spotlight they are overlooking other incidents and tragedies. Those kids might be brave, but they are misguided. To me, this is no longer important. A kid stabbed and killed multiple people, including some of his friends here in Florida. They think it might be linked to ISIS. There’s the bombings that are still going on in Austin, Texas. Both of these I had to hear from people who don’t live in Florida and Social Media. The news here is stuck on this and it’s bothersome.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Mar 20, 2018 @ 16:24:36
@Cpat92 Said

I may be ridiculed or looked at differently, but I am tired of hearing of the Stoneman Douglas incident. I keep hearing about how these teens are “brave” and all this, but I haven’t heard anything about the shooter. The news here is giving this so much spotlight they are overlooking other incidents and tragedies. Those kids might be brave, but they are misguided. To me, this is no longer important. A kid stabbed and killed multiple people, including some of his friends here in Florida. They think it might be linked to ISIS. There’s the bombings that are still going on in Austin, Texas. Both of these I had to hear from people who don’t live in Florida and Social Media. The news here is stuck on this and it’s bothersome.

I don't think that the news is stuck on the Stoneman Douglas thing. Every day I see news reports on all kinds of things... Trump, Russia probe, Stormy, Facebook, pets on United flights, FoxNews (and other right wing nut bags) trying to return attention to Hillary (and Obama) on their evil doings, the US to talk to N. Korea...or not.... Trump & tariffs...

> Just this morning there was a shooting at a school in Maryland.

> Stoneman Douglas: Not much to say about the shooter... He apparently had emotional/mental issues, killed students, was caught, is in jail, Florida will most likely seek the death penalty. Nothing more to say in the news.

> The kid in Florida who stabbed three people is in the news. The kid "alleged interest in ISIS" but also had a "fascination with dictators and extremist groups such as the Ku Klux Klan", which would be contrary to thinking there was a "link" to ISIS; highly unlikely that ISIS convinced a kid to attack is "friends" at a "sleep over"...it isn't there style, besides ISIS has its own survival issues right now. Basically the kid had emotional/mental issues.

(OF course after 9/11 everything was linked to al Qaeda, and now everything is linked to ISIS... pretty dumb of the media, and massively idiotic on the part of US intelligence officials... there are far more dangerous and enduring terrorist organizations to be concerned with and blame for things).

> The bombings in Austin... also in the news. People in Austin are freaking out, and rightfully so. A FedEx center just got blown up (well not completely blown up)... per the news.

> Back to the students at Stoneman Douglas: Anyone calling them "brave" is being ridiculous. While sometimes speaking out takes bravery, in this case the students lost fellow students/friends and have a right to grieve and call out to the adults, who make the rules, and demand action. Many people on the right are making these kids out to be villains, those people on the right are a*****es. Many people on the left are making them out to be brave heroes, those people on the left are dumbasses.

The Stoneman Douglas story will begin to fade...most likely replaced by another mass shooting.

It might even be a bid sad that the story will fade so fast.

But... you absolutely should have your opinion... though it isn't as unpopular as you might think.
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#3New Post! Mar 23, 2018 @ 17:39:37
Mayonnaise on a bagel.. popular?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Mar 23, 2018 @ 17:54:43
@JuanSmith Said

Mayonnaise on a bagel.. popular?

Are you talking real mayo, or Miracle Whip?
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#5New Post! Mar 23, 2018 @ 22:36:10
@mrmhead Said

Are you talking real mayo, or Miracle Whip?

Why not both?

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Mar 23, 2018 @ 23:40:58
@JuanSmith Said

Why not both?

Oh, you're one of those co-exist people ...

I bet you accept Spray Cheese too!

Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#7New Post! Mar 24, 2018 @ 10:23:24
The thread raises a good question. What is "important" to one person may not be important to another & ultimately who decides it anyway. Typically I do not think that many stories in the media are important at all, they are just classed by some as somewhat newsworthy but again that is in the eye of the beholder! For example the kardashians (who are they? do they have a key role in the world? No not in any way) kyle jenner (hell no) JLo (no) Elon Musk (no), Kate Middleton (no not really) any sportsmen (just stupidly paid people). The world should not be revolving around this sort "news" because for those not directly involved all these stories are irrelevant to most peoples lives BUT typically they are shoved down our throats on tv. There is nothing wrong with being interested in them but why is it necessary to broadcast that someone is pregnant or the like? It makes no difference to me at all, could not care less but a length of an interstate collapsing due to heat or the like is interesting and can have an impact on many people. If the news concentrated on meaningful items & not media drivel the programs would have a lot less to talk about!

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! Mar 24, 2018 @ 15:12:54
@Komentenmelodie Said

The thread raises a good question. What is "important" to one person may not be important to another & ultimately who decides it anyway. Typically I do not think that many stories in the media are important at all, they are just classed by some as somewhat newsworthy but again that is in the eye of the beholder! For example the kardashians (who are they? do they have a key role in the world? No not in any way) kyle jenner (hell no) JLo (no) Elon Musk (no), Kate Middleton (no not really) any sportsmen (just stupidly paid people). The world should not be revolving around this sort "news" because for those not directly involved all these stories are irrelevant to most peoples lives BUT typically they are shoved down our throats on tv. There is nothing wrong with being interested in them but why is it necessary to broadcast that someone is pregnant or the like? It makes no difference to me at all, could not care less but a length of an interstate collapsing due to heat or the like is interesting and can have an impact on many people. If the news concentrated on meaningful items & not media drivel the programs would have a lot less to talk about!

If the news were all doom and gloom (more) people would become (more) depressed, and networks could make a killing off of Zoloft commercials.

Those "fluff" pieces are a spot of escapism for some people, to keep them engaged through the rest of the show.

And who doesn't like a short video and quick story on the baby hippo recently born at the local zoo.
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#9New Post! Mar 24, 2018 @ 17:49:09
The news is mainly doom & gloom its what is going on out there!!! The world is a very cruel nasty place lets not sugar coat it!! Terrorism, wars, shooting, bombing, murders, corruption, assaults, white collar crime, racism!! I do not see much good out there generally. Yes a hippo being born or the like is good but the incessant fixations on pop stars, celebs, sports people etc is meaningless to the vast majority.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs