News & Current Events

Kentucky Votes To Ban Child Marriage

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#16New Post! Mar 17, 2018 @ 22:34:36
C: I believe we should have 100% (or as near 100% as possible) conscription into either military service or civil service duty.

E: My hypothetical social system makes military service a requisite for citizenship. Non-citizens (i.e., residence) would have all the rights that citizens have except for voting.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#17New Post! Mar 18, 2018 @ 00:02:05
@Erimitus Said

C: I believe we should have 100% (or as near 100% as possible) conscription into either military service or civil service duty.

E: My hypothetical social system makes military service a requisite for citizenship. Non-citizens (i.e., residence) would have all the rights that citizens have except for voting.

I'm ok with that.

I add in (in "my world" ) the civil service duty as some can't serve in the military due to physical limitations and/or because some are "conscientious objectors" due to religion. These people should still owe service to our country... IMO... thus "civil service".

I would add in that people could buy out of their duty to serve... it would be very expensive, paid up front (no loans/no government assistance) and public knowledge kept easily accessible to all. No reason needed, just $x.00... maybe $1,000,000.00.... but one forfeits the ability to hold government office (elected or otherwise).

I would be happy to add your idea of "no service-no vote".

I wrote a thesis on this back in university... I thought it very comprehensive and reasonable... if I do say so myself (though supported by the good grade I got on the thesis and in the class).

Of course that is all a high jacking of "my" thread...which I endorse fully.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#18New Post! Mar 18, 2018 @ 00:40:18
@chaski Said

I'm ok with that.

I add in (in "my world" ) the civil service duty as some can't serve in the military due to physical limitations and/or because some are "conscientious objectors" due to religion. These people should still owe service to our country... IMO... thus "civil service".

I would add in that people could buy out of their duty to serve... it would be very expensive, paid up front (no loans/no government assistance) and public knowledge kept easily accessible to all. No reason needed, just $x.00... maybe $1,000,000.00.... but one forfeits the ability to hold government office (elected or otherwise).

I would be happy to add your idea of "no service-no vote".

I wrote a thesis on this back in university... I thought it very comprehensive and reasonable... if I do say so myself (though supported by the good grade I got on the thesis and in the class).

Of course that is all a high jacking of "my" thread...which I endorse fully.

And ...and to be a citizen a person must pass the same test that naturalized citizen take.

I don't know about buy out of service but if you have bone spurs you definitely should not be required to serve.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#19New Post! Mar 18, 2018 @ 01:12:29
@Erimitus Said

And ...and to be a citizen a person must pass the same test that naturalized citizen take.

I don't know about buy out of service but if you have bone spurs you definitely should not be required to serve.

I was actually thinking that to become a citizen a person had to pass the FBI's firearms qualifications course, or shoot an animal from a deer stand.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs