Politics

Fire and Fury

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#16New Post! Jan 07, 2018 @ 18:58:02
I been an democrat since 70's, I would consider voting ' independence " , who feel the same values and principles as an democrat than republican.

in last 12 years, I voted for democrat, because neither republican and independence, I should said independence weren't strong enough to have to go against republicans.

most of my life, in politics, both parties are mostly a joke to America. last two times, I voted more of waste of my time. it seem that you someone in office, either they or the government embarrassed you and America.

you have the right to vote, doesn't America have the right to show an candidate worth vote for!
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#17New Post! Jan 09, 2018 @ 13:21:26
@bobbimay Said

It is amusing that a man... whom Democrats and their followers with “superior educations”... denigrate as mentally deficient and a moron...

beats them in a national election, continually outwits them in public, has improved the economy despite the dire warnings of Democrat economic experts and triggers them all so easily.

"continually outwits them in public" ...?
Do you mean "out tweets them"? His "wit" is barely at a sophomore level.
Just because Sanders and Clinton didn't come up with "witty" names for their opponents?
But he was slick to play to enough of the gullible right-wing voting population - I'll give him that.

It's "tradition" for the opposing party to claim how horrible things are, and how much worse thing are going to get if we don't change who's in the WH.

.. Hey, isn't it time for another vote to repeal Obamacare?
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#18New Post! Jan 09, 2018 @ 18:18:21
Yeah I found the outwitting claim a bit strange too.

If anybody is being outwitted, it’s Trump. By Vladimir Putin.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#19New Post! Jan 09, 2018 @ 22:14:11
@Leon Said

Yeah I found the outwitting claim a bit strange too.

I think it obvious that Trump outwitted that stalwart of liberal thinking: Sloppy Steve Bannon.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#20New Post! Jan 15, 2018 @ 08:08:47
@mrmhead Said

"Streisand Effect" - ?
Not sure I've heard that one, but interpreting from the context:
Over-reacting to something, thereby making it bigger.

He did the same thing with the NFL kneeling - it was pretty much yesterdays news until he brought it up at one of his rallies and started tweeting about it.

And why Streisand? ... something to do with her nose?

The Streisand Effect is what happens when, in the act of attempting to suppress or discredit information regardless of it's veracity, you only end up directing more people to the information by mentioning it. In this case, Trump is directing more people to the book simply by mentioning it, regardless of whether or not he calls it lies and regardless of whether or not the book is actually lies. Simply by mentioning it he brings it to the attention of people that would otherwise have never heard about it, or would otherwise have no interest in it.

This is named the Streisand effect because in 2003 Barbra Streisand attempted to suppress photos of her Malibu home but only succeeded in drawing more public attention to them.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs