My Stats

Antarctica
PLS: ? 21.76

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

Post digestive nuggets
TFS Journal
Quality of life
January 03, 2018 @ 10:51:55 pm
How do you define, realize, and (measure) quality of life?

Quote | Reply

Justpassing

New Post! January 03, 2018 @ 10:59:14 pm
@Erimitus Said

I wake in the morning
I find I am breathing
I find that I can stand up... walk... do stuff.
It means I am alive.

Erimitus

New Post! January 03, 2018 @ 11:47:38 pm
@Justpassing Said

I wake in the morning
I find I am breathing
I find that I can stand up... walk... do stuff.
It means I am alive.

Sensation (e.g., breathing) is an indication that ONE is alive. Being alive and having the ability (or at least apparent ability) to act.

In order to realize ONE is alive ONE must be alive.

I suppose my question should have been, as a sentient being (that is redundant isn't it, being by definition (at least my definition) are sentient) ...hmmmmm. OK, every (ONE) experiences a reality. What experience of reality is of the highest quality? How can we measure that? Against what standard can we measure it.

Lets assume that as long as we are living we what to have the highest quality experience possible. If a ONE desires the highest possible quality of experience it would be of advantage to know that that experience is.

How does ONE attain a goal if ONE does not know what that goal is?

Knowing what a goal is, increases the potential for attaining (realizing the goal - making the goal real)

An speaking of realization, I am tired, very tired, and there are buzzards circling overhead. Maybe I will sleep forever. What dreams may come in that sleep?

chaski

Stalker

New Post! January 03, 2018 @ 11:52:55 pm

It is all based on one's belief system.

I, as an example, define my quality of life based on what I value, which is based on my belief system.

I realize it (have realized it) by living in accordance with my belief system.

I measure it by my level or degree of pleasure and contentment, which is based on my belief system.

I have a great quality of life, and build on it every day. Some...(Many?) might look down on my "quality of life". I suspect they are both confused about their own quality of life, and also do not value the things that I value.

Erimitus

New Post! January 04, 2018 @ 02:41:27 am
@chaski Said

I, as an example, define my quality of life based on what I value, which is based on my belief system.

I measure it by my level or degree of pleasure and contentment, which is based on my belief system.

I have a great quality of life, and build on it every day. Some...(Many?) might look down on my "quality of life". I suspect they are both confused about their own quality of life, and also do not value the things that I value.

TY

twilitezone911

New Post! January 04, 2018 @ 03:36:44 am
the movie " who's life it is anyway? " in 1981, the first time in directly or directly can an individual choose the right to die. can the individual legal have permission ask someone to take his life or he can take his own life, in sense, mercy killing.

most of probably have seen this movie. the first time, I never really thought about it. in my early 20's, when I saw the movie with my mother in theater.

in 70's, my father and my grandfather died in hospital. my father was died cancer of pancreas. my father off and on in hospital for almost three years live in the hospital. he was in a lot of pain, you see in his face. I was only 13 years old, when he died.

you can understand if anyone would take his or her life to get away from the pain. my father would never want take his life, but he fought till the pain was too much. I think my mom told him, stop fighting. he had too much to live for. he died in sleep, still today, that the way, I want go.

the movie (if I remember the movie) dealing with the measuring of life. what is the measure of life? how to determine if you are the one is die, what is the measure of you as the individual? as an individual, you know what you are from your own experiences and the value of your life.

your love ones and your friends is true measure of who you in value. that will determine the measure of your exist, how you effect others. have you make a difference to others?

two ways of look at quality of life as an individual.

can you honestly said that you really have not make a difference to have nothing in your life that you need to take your life for or more afraid face life and keep living?

Erimitus

New Post! January 04, 2018 @ 05:24:48 am
@twilitezone911 Said

the movie " who's life it is anyway? " in 1981, the first time in directly or directly can an individual choose the right to die. can the individual legal have permission ask someone to take his life or he can take his own life, in sense, mercy killing.

most of probably have seen this movie. the first time, I never really thought about it. in my early 20's, when I saw the movie with my mother in theater.

in 70's, my father and my grandfather died in hospital. my father was died cancer of pancreas. my father off and on in hospital for almost three years live in the hospital. he was in a lot of pain, you see in his face. I was only 13 years old, when he died.

you can understand if anyone would take his or her life to get away from the pain. my father would never want take his life, but he fought till the pain was too much. I think my mom told him, stop fighting. he had too much to live for. he died in sleep, still today, that the way, I want go.

the movie (if I remember the movie) dealing with the measuring of life. what is the measure of life? how to determine if you are the one is die, what is the measure of you as the individual? as an individual, you know what you are from your own experiences and the value of your life.

your love ones and your friends is true measure of who you in value. that will determine the measure of your exist, how you effect others. have you make a difference to others?

two ways of look at quality of life as an individual.

can you honestly said that you really have not make a difference to have nothing in your life that you need to take your life for or more afraid face life and keep living?

E: It seems to me that when life has no quality at all and there is no hope of improvement then suicide is a viable choice.

There is always that euthanasia may get out of hand (e.g., Nazis) or that a person may be coerced into suicide. and in many cases (at least in western culture) people who really has no reason to live are not allowed to end their lives. This may have initially been to keep slaves from killing themselves.

Poverty is (of course) de facto euthanasia. I a person does not have enough money to stay alive they are allowed to die and in some cases encouraged to die. Some people who really have no hope but have a lot of money can be kept alive by those who make a pretty good living keeping such people alive.

twilitezone911

New Post! January 04, 2018 @ 11:59:13 am
suicide has different forms of reasons. I don't think being poor is a strong enough reason to kill, if there is still a slime chance of hope.

I think suicide, your excuse to kill yourself, even still hope. some might say, that is a cope out to life.

is suicide is cop out, or, the cirumstances, you are facing too overwhelming to you.

is suicide is an excuse, or opinion for a way out?

Eaglebauer

New Post! January 04, 2018 @ 12:59:05 pm
Quality of life is delineated by happiness. Someone who makes little money and lives along in the country with few possessions but is happy has a better quality of life than a billionaire who isn't. That's not to say a billionaire can't be happy, he just doesn't have a very high quality of life unless he is.

Erimitus

New Post! January 04, 2018 @ 02:43:29 pm
@Eaglebauer Said

Quality of life is delineated by happiness. Someone who makes little money and lives along in the country with few possessions but is happy has a better quality of life than a billionaire who isn't. That's not to say a billionaire can't be happy, he just doesn't have a very high quality of life unless he is.

TY

Erimitus

New Post! January 04, 2018 @ 02:44:40 pm
@twilitezone911 Said

suicide has different forms of reasons. I don't think being poor is a strong enough reason to kill, if there is still a slime chance of hope.

I think suicide, your excuse to kill yourself, even still hope. some might say, that is a cope out to life.

is suicide is cop out, or, the cirumstances, you are facing too overwhelming to you.

is suicide is an excuse, or opinion for a way out?

Suicide is just a way of saying living is just not worth the trouble.

Erimitus

New Post! January 04, 2018 @ 03:01:42 pm
@chaski Said

Some Ideas on belief systems

In the same way that there is Species specific perception there is culture-specific perception (i.e., each cultural has a bias as to that which is and is not real)

An individual’s perception of reality is culturally dependent.

Culturally specific realities can be mutually exclusive yet for each individual culture Their reality true.

Culture specific reality (i.e., world view) focus’ on practical results that increase in the potential survival of individuals in their environment.

Cultures tenaciously cling to their realities. Many world views are vestigial and remain only because that is the way it has always been.

Quote | Reply