My Stats

Antarctica
PLS: ? 21.76

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

Post digestive nuggets
TFS Journal

Erimitus

New Post! January 01, 2018 @ 11:25:21 pm
My belief system (i.e., how I perceive my world) was formed by and is based on the programming of the society (culture) I was raised in.

The programming of different societies is generally similar but different societies (even in the same city) have different programming and have different (if only subtle) belief systems.

The basic assumptions that support individuals belief systems are NOT (from the perspective the believer) assumptions at all; they are accepted (without question) as fact.

A fact is incontrovertible. Each of us have incontrovertible beliefs (i.e., facts) based on our programming and experience.

I am not attempting to convince you that my facts are correct and yours are not. I am presenting my belief system (and I accept that is not correct) so we can compare our beliefs and maybe move (if even ever so slightly) towards what is and is not true. And …and do NOT believe any of my assertions without question.

If (however) if you wish to accept my beliefs without question and become my disciple; please send your donations to me; I am thinking of building a prayer tower. Although I try to discourage it I will probably be deified.

Erimitus

New Post! January 02, 2018 @ 12:54:03 am
Addressed to the few:

It starts with a Profit who presents a belief system.

Disciples (i.e., those who accept the Profits belief system) advocate and spread the system’s doctrines (i.e., dogma).

New belief systems (pretty much without exception) are opposed by established belief systems.

If a belief system is to survive opposition, both political power and financing are needed.

There is political power in numbers.
There is power in the collection plate.
There is safety (salvation) in numbers.

So, the disciples (who honestly believe the dogma) attempt (in some cases) to spread the word (i.e., proselytize) and increase their numbers.

Those who accept the disciple’s interpretation of the Profits belief system become followers. Followers are expected to unquestioningly adhere to the dogma and (of course) contribute to the cause by spreading the word, with their money, and their time.

And this ends this session of inanities for the few. If you remember Bohemianism from K.V.’s [Cat’s Cradle] you know that the above is all lies.

Justpassing

New Post! January 02, 2018 @ 02:28:18 am
@Erimitus Said

I am not attempting to convince you that my facts are correct and yours are not. I am presenting my belief system (and I accept that is not correct) so we can compare our beliefs and maybe move (if even ever so slightly) towards what is and is not true.

Now that's what I like to hear.

Erimitus

New Post! January 02, 2018 @ 03:41:35 am
As I have repeatedly explained the stories that I tell are fiction. I was never an astronaut, I was never a professional foot ball player, and I was never a Supreme Court Judge. Those were just stories that I made up. I am just a simple extraterrestrial from another galaxy living here at a secrete base at the South Pole. I hope this clears things up.

So, (in an attempt to avoid confusion) when I present fiction I will start with “Once upon a time’;

Once upon a time there were two people lost in a forest. Each had tried many paths and could not find their way. One day (a Tuesday) they met. Each thought; I have found someone who knows the way, I am saved. But (as I said) they soon realized that they were both lost. They shared their experiences and the paths that they had tried and this (being a fairy tail) ends in them living happily ever after. Of course in most realities there are no guarantees of success but maybe …maybe they increased the potential for success even if only slightly. Which is the most any of us can hope for.

Pages: << · 1 2
Quote | Reply