Forums: Science:
Psychology

Getting pushed around

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On 54 minutes ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Dec 09, 2017 @ 15:17:41
The definition of the title of this thread is to be treated inconsiderately. Now, I would like to explore the subject because I myself have been and I would like your opinions on why.

But first, as I always try to do, I would like to explore the issue with hard evidence in an attempt to better understand the matter. Attached to this post is a statement from Brock Lesnar on the back of the hard cover version of his book, Death Clutch. Why did he write the following words on the back of the book? What happened to him to put down these defensive words?

There has been a lot written about me over the years, and I have managed to ignore most of it. I don't watch much TV. I don't spend any time on the internet. I don't read fan magazines. And I don't listen to music.

But even though I do my best to stay away from all of the hype, people are always coming up and asking about the lates rumor some jackass started about me. I can't stay away from it. It's everywhere. People want to know what really happened, the story of my life as I've lived it. The bottom line: I don't talk about my personal life with strangers. This one time, and this one time only, you are invited to join me in my private world for a few hours. Just don't ever expect another invitation.

What experiences in life make a man write something like this? My view of his words is objective. I don't want to jump to any conclusions. Was he pushed around?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Dec 09, 2017 @ 15:30:05
@Conflict Said

The definition of the title of this thread is to be treated inconsiderately. Now, I would like to explore the subject because I myself have been and I would like your opinions on why.

But first, as I always try to do, I would like to explore the issue with hard evidence in an attempt to better understand the matter. Attached to this post is a statement from Brock Lesnar on the back of the hard cover version of his book, Death Clutch. Why did he write the following words on the back of the book? What happened to him to put down these defensive words?

There has been a lot written about me over the years, and I have managed to ignore most of it. I don't watch much TV. I don't spend any time on the internet. I don't read fan magazines. And I don't listen to music.

But even though I do my best to stay away from all of the hype, people are always coming up and asking about the lates rumor some jackass started about me. I can't stay away from it. It's everywhere. People want to know what really happened, the story of my life as I've lived it. The bottom line: I don't talk about my personal life with strangers. This one time, and this one time only, you are invited to join me in my private world for a few hours. Just don't ever expect another invitation.

What experiences in life make a man write something like this? My view of his words is objective. I don't want to jump to any conclusions. Was he pushed around?

i really can't tell if this person, parnoid or what? anyone can be target on the internet. it is hard to tell not know both sides of his story. if he write a book, people didn't read it like, where the source come from.

with this statement above, it show me, little edvidence of being push around.

fame can be b****!
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#3New Post! Dec 09, 2017 @ 17:33:58
@Conflict Said

Clearly an introvert….

Clearly introspective…

Introspective introverts constitute a very small percentage of society.

Introspective introversion is atypical but not abnormal.

Such people find social interaction unpleasant and sometimes (if protracted) physically painful. Naturally they avoid social interaction and withdraw from society.

Those who withdraw from society are mysterious and stories (almost without exception inaccurate) abound.

In that the introverts are not around to defend themselves they make excellent scapegoats when it comes time to delegate blame.

The introvert may notice a mob of torch wielding townspeople coming up the driveway. This (in most cases) does not turn out well.

NOTE:

A mob of bad people tend to do bad things.

A mob of good people tend to do good things.

Of course that which is good or bad is subjective.

Ironically the mob of good people usually does not think of itself as good.

Anyway, be careful which mob you join.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Dec 11, 2017 @ 15:28:05
I don't know who he is but apparently he's been involved in a contraversy so he's decided to come forward with his side of the story especially since it will most likely sell very well if it is true that he's a hot topic.

The whole bit about 'one invite only' is him saying 'buy my book! buy my book!'

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#5New Post! Dec 13, 2017 @ 15:40:16
@Electric_Banana Said

I don't know who he is but apparently he's been involved in a contraversy so he's decided to come forward with his side of the story especially since it will most likely sell very well if it is true that he's a hot topic.

The whole bit about 'one invite only' is him saying 'buy my book! buy my book!'

There are various ways of interpreting what he wrote on the back cover of Death Clutch.

1) An expression of resentment towards the gossipers and the overly inquisitive type, a demand that people take what he offers them, a warning not to come back for more.

2) A way of daring the uring to buy the book, a statement of what he is in principle and what he is willing to concede.

I read a little of Death Clutch before I gave it back, (owing to the fact that it was rough-hewn and not always very sensitive.) I was able to gleam this much from the man.

Brock Lesnar was raised on a dairy farm. He grew up poor and did not get to know wealth until his mid-twenties. His way of thinking is intelligent, but he seems to vent a lot of very intense feelings towards the readers and expresses no hope that they abide by his wishes concerning his privacy, only that they do as he wants.

What I would like to better understand why he seems so guarded and somewhat brazen.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#6New Post! Dec 13, 2017 @ 15:56:15
Even though Lesnar is an athlete, as well as a celebrity who purposely isolated himself to stay away from the rumors; rumors and allegations may be the most difficult thing to escape from. For all we know (unless someone read his book in its entirety), Brock Lesnar is most likely an introvert. One thing that many introverts tend to do is keep quiet on an situation until he couldn’t take anymore.

I believe it is safe to say that he understands that in books, many individuals will read the back of the book before purchasing it. That way people can see comments from publishers, and critics. By doing that, he gave an interesting and welcoming introduction to his book in the back.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#7New Post! Dec 13, 2017 @ 21:43:19
@Conflict Said

This one time, and this one time only, you are invited to join me in my private world for a few hours. Just don't ever expect another invitation.

What experiences in life make a man write something like this?

being broke.
Please buy my book?

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#8New Post! Dec 14, 2017 @ 14:40:10
@Willi Said

being broke.
Please buy my book?

What are you basing this on?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#9New Post! Dec 16, 2017 @ 00:40:15
@Conflict Said

What are you basing this on?

sounds like used car pitch.

""This one time, and this one time only, you are invited to join me in my private world for a few hours. Just don't ever expect another invitation.""
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#10New Post! Dec 16, 2017 @ 01:22:01
@Willi Said

sounds like used car pitch.

""This one time, and this one time only, you are invited to join me in my private world for a few hours. Just don't ever expect another invitation.""

This is a limited time offer. So call in the next 30 minutes. Well actually you can call any time.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Dec 17, 2017 @ 13:12:57
@Conflict Said

There are various ways of interpreting what he wrote on the back cover of Death Clutch.

1) An expression of resentment towards the gossipers and the overly inquisitive type, a demand that people take what he offers them, a warning not to come back for more.

2) A way of daring the uring to buy the book, a statement of what he is in principle and what he is willing to concede.

I read a little of Death Clutch before I gave it back, (owing to the fact that it was rough-hewn and not always very sensitive.) I was able to gleam this much from the man.

Brock Lesnar was raised on a dairy farm. He grew up poor and did not get to know wealth until his mid-twenties. His way of thinking is intelligent, but he seems to vent a lot of very intense feelings towards the readers and expresses no hope that they abide by his wishes concerning his privacy, only that they do as he wants.

What I would like to better understand why he seems so guarded and somewhat brazen.

Actually this does point out something pretty important

Our world experiences are often times secluded and 'everyone says' often times is truthfully 'two or three people have said'

So the frustrations this guy has had may not be as worldwide as he thinks

However, no matter how many are affected by problems we uncover, those issues do need to be brought to light otherwise you get your Charles Manson's and Vegas shooters dropping a bunch of people who have absolutely no clue what they are on about only for more people, in the future, to find themselves in those same circumstances and approach the problems in the same manner.

Just because it's only your problem today doesn't mean more won't get slapped in the face with that problem down the road.

I mean brainiac NZ scientists are always 'freshly' discovering things I instantly knew back during the 90's.

Did you know that holding a device to your head which attracts concentrated electromagnetic waves probably isn't healthy?

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#12New Post! Dec 18, 2017 @ 09:17:21
I think it would be a good idea to introduce different people´s experiences with Brock Lesnar to shed more light on the issue.

I have read from several people on youtube and reedit that Brock Lesnar is a nice person. One of them worked on him in a photo shoot and commented that he was very down to earth and kind to all, but that he was very private and did not interact with others as some of his fellow wrestlers did.

Another girl in a hotel saw him on his phone by himself and looked at him. He looked right back at her and when he finished his call, she walked up to him, introduced herself to him as a fan. He shook her hand and thanked her.

I would like to share a direct quote from him on the subject:

I really don’t like people. I’m sorry. I don’t, that’s just who I am. I just don’t like being around a bunch of people. It’s kind of ironic, because I can go out in a arena full of 20,000 people be alright with it. It’s only because I think I feel like I’m in this dome and I’m protected. But, you get me out in public or anywhere around a bunch of people and I don’t do that well.” Lesnar said. “I just get uncomfortable.”

He went on to say that this is why he lives in a remote part of the world, has an eight foot fence around his property and closes his always makes sure his gate is closed when he comes home.

What do you make of all this?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#13New Post! Dec 26, 2017 @ 02:07:37
@Erimitus Said

This is a limited time offer. So call in the next 30 minutes. Well actually you can call any time.

LOL, yep.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#14New Post! Dec 26, 2017 @ 02:09:38
@Conflict Said

I think it would be a good idea to introduce different people´s experiences with Brock Lesnar to shed more light on the issue.

I have read from several people on youtube and reedit that Brock Lesnar is a nice person. One of them worked on him in a photo shoot and commented that he was very down to earth and kind to all, but that he was very private and did not interact with others as some of his fellow wrestlers did.

Another girl in a hotel saw him on his phone by himself and looked at him. He looked right back at her and when he finished his call, she walked up to him, introduced herself to him as a fan. He shook her hand and thanked her.

I would like to share a direct quote from him on the subject:

I really don’t like people. I’m sorry. I don’t, that’s just who I am. I just don’t like being around a bunch of people. It’s kind of ironic, because I can go out in a arena full of 20,000 people be alright with it. It’s only because I think I feel like I’m in this dome and I’m protected. But, you get me out in public or anywhere around a bunch of people and I don’t do that well.” Lesnar said. “I just get uncomfortable.”

He went on to say that this is why he lives in a remote part of the world, has an eight foot fence around his property and closes his always makes sure his gate is closed when he comes home.

What do you make of all this?

PTSD?
CPTSD?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs