Politics

Obamacare

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#1New Post! Dec 16, 2017 @ 00:43:51
https://money.cnn.com/2017/12/15/news/economy/obamacare-open-enrollment/index.html

More people have signed up for policies than at this time a year ago, but Obamacare supporters fear that many potential enrollees may not realize that the Trump administration cut the sign-up season in half. In fact, 56% of those consumers shopping online for health insurance at eHealth said they are unaware that open enrollment ends Friday, the insurance marketplace said this week.

Aside from several defunding bills and removing the tax penalty for the individual mandate in the current tax change proposal, I see a few more options next year for the GOPers to implement death by a thousand cuts for Obamacare.

Repeal of Net Neutrality - Now internet companies can slow the Obamacare site down to 24 baud.

Trump could also sign an executive order outlawing internet access at libraries (I imagine a fair number of applicants use that resource) in the interest of national security since Radical Islamist Terrorists could use that to look up bomb making!

And of course shorten the window further - to about 8 hours.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#2New Post! Dec 16, 2017 @ 00:55:33
sometimes being told they will lose something, makes em want it.

Is Trump just playing to make Repubs look bad, or is he really what he seems????
chaski On about 1 hour ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Dec 16, 2017 @ 01:03:33
@mrmhead Said

https://money.cnn.com/2017/12/15/news/economy/obamacare-open-enrollment/index.html

More people have signed up for policies than at this time a year ago, but Obamacare supporters fear that many potential enrollees may not realize that the Trump administration cut the sign-up season in half. In fact, 56% of those consumers shopping online for health insurance at eHealth said they are unaware that open enrollment ends Friday, the insurance marketplace said this week.

Aside from several defunding bills and removing the tax penalty for the individual mandate in the current tax change proposal, I see a few more options next year for the GOPers to implement death by a thousand cuts for Obamacare.

Repeal of Net Neutrality - Now internet companies can slow the Obamacare site down to 24 baud.

Trump could also sign an executive order outlawing internet access at libraries (I imagine a fair number of applicants use that resource) in the interest of national security since Radical Islamist Terrorists could use that to look up bomb making!

And of course shorten the window further - to about 8 hours.

So, one of the things the new tax bill is going to do is get rid of the "individual mandate"...

The "individual mandate" being something that the Republicans under Newt Gingrich wanted...which was basically one of the things primary things that kept the Republicans from cutting a health care bill with President Clinton.

So now they are getting closer to what the Clintons wanted all along...under the guise of getting rid of what Obama wanted....

These 21st century Republicans are morons...

I wonder why the Democrats aren't having a major hissy fit about it... Talk about reverse psychology...

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Dec 16, 2017 @ 01:16:51
@chaski Said

So, one of the things the new tax bill is going to do is get rid of the "individual mandate"...

The "individual mandate" being something that the Republicans under Newt Gingrich wanted...which was basically one of the things primary things that kept the Republicans from cutting a health care bill with President Clinton.

So now they are getting closer to what the Clintons wanted all along...under the guise of getting rid of what Obama wanted....

These 21st century Republicans are morons...

I wonder why the Democrats aren't having a major hissy fit about it... Talk about reverse psychology...

I didn't know that history - I remember Clinton wanted to but couldn't get it going. Edit: Healthcare, that is

Thanks Obama!
Stalker

#5New Post! Dec 16, 2017 @ 01:32:09
@mrmhead Said

I didn't know that history - I remember Clinton wanted to but couldn't get it going.

Thanks Obama!

Think about it... it only took the Dems 7 years 9 months to get rid of something they didn't really want in the 1st place...

OR...

It took them roughly 16 years to get what the Republicans didn't want in the 1st place....

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Dec 16, 2017 @ 01:48:09
@chaski Said

Think about it... it only took the Dems 7 years 9 months to get rid of something they didn't really want in the 1st place...

OR...

It took them roughly 16 years to get what the Republicans didn't want in the 1st place....

Stalker

#7New Post! Dec 16, 2017 @ 02:14:20
@chaski Said

OR...

Ooopps .... correction... my bad...

It took them roughly 16 years to get what the Democrats didn't want in the 1st place....
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#8New Post! Dec 16, 2017 @ 06:58:33
@chaski Said

Ooopps .... correction... my bad...

It took them roughly 16 years to get what the Democrats didn't want in the 1st place....

It's only bad when the other guy wants it, then when they reintroduce it as their own thing in a decade or two they can take all the credit for themselves.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#9New Post! Dec 16, 2017 @ 11:50:00
Nice to know I won’t be penalized for failing to participate in the exchange or proving I don’t have coverage
Stalker

#10New Post! Dec 16, 2017 @ 15:43:13
@GAKingKong Said

Nice to know I won’t be penalized for failing to participate in the exchange or proving I don’t have coverage

It also nice to know that the rule that might have "penalized for failing to participate in the exchange or proving I don’t have coverage" was originally a Republican idea and was only inserted into the law in an effort to gain Reputation approval.

I'm to am happy that the individual mandate is being removed from the law. I just think it comical that the Democrats now have what they wanted all along: a national health care bill that does not include the individual mandate.

, Florida
#11New Post! Dec 18, 2017 @ 15:01:53
@chaski Said

It also nice to know that the rule that might have "penalized for failing to participate in the exchange or proving I don’t have coverage" was originally a Republican idea and was only inserted into the law in an effort to gain Reputation approval.

I'm to am happy that the individual mandate is being removed from the law. I just think it comical that the Democrats now have what they wanted all along: a national health care bill that does not include the individual mandate.

It's probably helpful to find humor somewhere in all of this.

, Florida
#12New Post! Sep 15, 2018 @ 14:00:06
@Willi Said

sometimes being told they will lose something, makes em want it.

Is Trump just playing to make Repubs look bad, or is he really what he seems????

The candy man can cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good. Of course he means to get rid of it. Mr. Trump is still all about defunding Obamacare

, Florida
#13New Post! Dec 19, 2018 @ 11:15:58
And the end. Goodbye Obamacare.

At long last.
Stalker

#14New Post! Dec 19, 2018 @ 16:04:45
@gakINGKONG Said

At long last.

Yes... "at long last"... except we'll have to wait for the appeals process to play out, all the while the ACA will remain in place.

Don't you love it when things are over, but in reality they aren't over.

NE, Ohio
#15New Post! Dec 19, 2018 @ 16:33:44
@gakINGKONG Said

At long last.

@chaski Said

Yes... "at long last"... except we'll have to wait for the appeals process to play out, all the while the ACA will remain in place.

Don't you love it when things are over, but in reality they aren't over.

Oh... is that what you (Gak) were referring to - the Trump judge in Texas claiming one piece of Obamacare was unconstitutional, so the whole thing should be thrown out.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs