The private life and the personalization of life

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Justpassing On February 03, 2021

Avoca Vic Australia, Australia
#16New Post! Nov 14, 2017 @ 22:10:21
@chaski Said

My cat caught a gopher the other day. He didn't kill the gopher right away as he wanted to play with it. At one point my cat dropped the gopher, which initially stood on its hind legs as if it was going to fight for its life....

....then the gopher noticed all of the acorns lying about (we have a lot of oak trees and a profusion of acorns this year...a bumper crop one might say)....

...upon seeing all of the acorns, the gopher lost interest in my cat and the fight and began eating acorns....

...my cat was a bit confused by this behavior (no flight/no flight) and sat down to watch the gopher, lost interest and walked away...

Moral of the story: Eating is (apparently) an option.

lol Yep, a good move by the gopher. lol

One one my cats wasn't really into hunting birds and one day I noticed it lying asleep on the driveway.
Two magpies were nearby, and I watched as one of the magies went behind the cat to it's tail... and pulled it.
The cat woke up and made a half hearted attempted to grab at the magpie before lying down again.
This magpie went around to the head of the cat, but staying out of reach, while the other magpie went to do the pulling.

This went on for 15 minutes with the birds swapping positions and the cat reacting the same way each time. The birds ended up just flying away.

It appears that the birds had over time come to the conclusion that the cat was no treat to them andsaw the opportunity for play... or cat hair was good nest lining material. lol
Conflict On about 9 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#17New Post! Nov 17, 2017 @ 20:59:16
I believe if you establish the right contacts, you can have a very healthy private life. If you include a doctor, a cop, a lawyer, a dentist, someone in the building industry and someone working in the library, to name a few, you can establish a decent circle in which to move in. The key is not to take too many liberties and believe you are entitled to do too many things. That you don't take too subjective an approach to your problems is essential if you want to balance your outlook on life and what is acceptable in life.

#18New Post! Nov 18, 2017 @ 21:30:55
@Conflict Said

I believe if you establish the right contacts, you can have a very healthy private life. If you include a doctor, a cop, a lawyer, a dentist, someone in the building industry and someone working in the library, to name a few, you can establish a decent circle in which to move in. The key is not to take too many liberties and believe you are entitled to do too many things. That you don't take too subjective an approach to your problems is essential if you want to balance your outlook on life and what is acceptable in life.

Mixing in the right circles hey.

Yeah the idea is not to use and abuse but to be a team member

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#19New Post! Nov 30, 2017 @ 20:23:56
The one thing to do when deciding to lead a private life is not to let it go to your head. That's what drug lords, gun runners, human traffickers and pimps do and it makes them really selfish and cold blooded people. I know what it's like to go this far, in a discreet way. One of the reasons I tried to take my life two years ago, was because of the shock I felt when I realized that I was doing so much with my own private resources. I was abusing them, insulating myself and I almost didn't survive the trauma.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#20New Post! Nov 30, 2017 @ 20:36:11
@Conflict Said

The one thing to do when deciding to lead a private life is not to let it go to your head. That's what drug lords, gun runners, human traffickers and pimps do and it makes them really selfish and cold blooded people. I know what it's like to go this far, in a discreet way. One of the reasons I tried to take my life two years ago, was because of the shock I felt when I realized that I was doing so much with my own private resources. I was abusing them, insulating myself and I almost didn't survive the trauma.

I am pretty sure most of those people are selfish and cold blooded for reasons other than the fact that they've lead private lives.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#21New Post! Dec 03, 2017 @ 20:42:57
@Eaglebauer Said

I am pretty sure most of those people are selfish and cold blooded for reasons other than the fact that they've lead private lives.

You're quite right. Let me reiterate. When people believe what they want is more important than consideration for others, they can start playing god, deciding who lives and who dies, who gets the benefits and who doesn't. This is dangerous because giving people the power to push buttons their own way without restraint, always leads to suffering and unfairness.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#22New Post! Dec 03, 2017 @ 23:43:50
@Conflict Said

You're quite right. Let me reiterate. When people believe what they want is more important than consideration for others, they can start playing god, deciding who lives and who dies, who gets the benefits and who doesn't. This is dangerous because

Do you think that what people NEED is more important than consideration for others.

The master decides who lives, who dies, who benefits and who does not.

C: ...giving people the power to push buttons their own way without restraint, always leads to suffering and unfairness.

E: Well, sure ...but I am pretty sure that the power is taken not given.

E: Not everyone is king of the castle.

E: There is a pecking order. Those who are lower in the hierarchy are subjugated by those who are higher.

E: This supports my theory that life is not fair.

#23New Post! Dec 04, 2017 @ 03:57:38
@Conflict Said

You're quite right. Let me reiterate. When people believe what they want is more important than consideration for others, they can start playing god, deciding who lives and who dies, who gets the benefits and who doesn't. This is dangerous because giving people the power to push buttons their own way without restraint, always leads to suffering and unfairness.

There will always be people who put themselves first... above others.
And there will always be those who are considerate of others.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#24New Post! Dec 04, 2017 @ 04:05:15
@Justpassing Said

There will always be people who put themselves first... above others.
And there will always be those who are considerate of others.

E: with the possible exception of a parent and child I do not believe in altruism. The altruistic have their own selfish motives.

E: Another name for cynic is realist.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs