Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
chaski On about 10 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! Nov 20, 2017 @ 03:45:34
@a777pilot Said

I am willfully correct in my appraisal of Obama.

No, you are not.

It is at best an ill-informed opinion.

More likely however, you are willfully ignoring American history...which you have a right to do.
a777pilot On July 14, 2022

, Texas
#17New Post! Nov 20, 2017 @ 14:18:42
@chaski Said

No, you are not.

It is at best an ill-informed opinion.

More likely however, you are willfully ignoring American history...which you have a right to do.

For instance.
Stalker

#18New Post! Nov 20, 2017 @ 15:19:15
@a777pilot Said

For instance.

For instance your comment about Obama. Hyperbole aside, he isn't even close to "worst president this nation ever had". Even if one hates Obama with every bit of energy one has, there are quite a few presidents who were historically worse. Andrew Johnson, James Buchanan and Warren Harding come to mind as worse than Obama...there is even an argument that Jimmy Carter and George W Bush were worse or at least as bad. One might fairly throw Andrew Jackson, Herbert Hoover and others into the mix as well worse than Obama

Claiming that Obama was the worst (or even American History since WW II) ignores American History

It is a fun thing to spout off, as many of the most extreme right wing media types do, but it simply isn't true.

There are many things to dislike about Obama and his administration, but this "worst" president thing is actually ridiculous.

Still, you have every right to your opinion, however ill informed...after all, we are a free country.

, Texas
#19New Post! Nov 20, 2017 @ 15:39:13
@chaski Said

For instance your comment about Obama. Hyperbole aside, he isn't even close to "worst president this nation ever had". Even if one hates Obama with every bit of energy one has, there are quite a few presidents who were historically worse. Andrew Johnson, James Buchanan and Warren Harding come to mind as worse than Obama...there is even an argument that Jimmy Carter and George W Bush were worse or at least as bad. One might fairly throw Andrew Jackson, Herbert Hoover and others into the mix as well worse than Obama

Claiming that Obama was the worst (or even American History since WW II) ignores American History

It is a fun thing to spout off, as many of the most extreme right wing media types do, but it simply isn't true.

There are many things to dislike about Obama and his administration, but this "worst" president thing is actually ridiculous.

Still, you have every right to your opinion, however ill informed...after all, we are a free country.

I tend to agree with your assessments of those that might be worse than Obama, however, in the final analysis, only Obama hated this country/nation and tried to destroy it. G. W. Bush was a disaster as president, but at least he loved this country.
Stalker

#20New Post! Nov 20, 2017 @ 15:47:33
@a777pilot Said

in the final analysis, only Obama hated this country/nation and tried to destroy it.

That is a bit ridiculous as well.

But hyperbole is so much fun.

, Texas
#21New Post! Nov 20, 2017 @ 15:50:56
Can you name one other President that hated this country? I didn't think so.
Stalker

#22New Post! Nov 20, 2017 @ 15:52:22
@a777pilot Said

Can you name one other President that hated this country? I didn't think so.

Obama doesn't and didn't "hate this country".

That is absurd.

Just because you don't like his policies doesn't mean that he hates this country.

If not liking his policies was the standard, then I would answer "yes, there are a whole bunch of past Presidents who hated this country".... with that standard I would put Carter on the list, George H W Bush on the list, Obama & Trump both....just as a starting point.

However, not liking a president's policies isn't a standard of determining that a president hates this country.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#23New Post! Nov 20, 2017 @ 16:56:32
The ban was was established in 2014 - aka Obama Administration.
My bet is that was the number one reason Trump would reverse it.

But now that social media has gotten hold of it, he's waffling.

Live by the tweet, Die by the tweet.

He should get back to policing the NFL National Anthem ceremony.

, Texas
#24New Post! Nov 20, 2017 @ 17:03:14
@mrmhead Said

I opine that Trump leaves this ban on the importation of elephant "trophies" as is.

As for the NFL and kneeling, Trump ought to just suggest to the nation that all should stop watching the NFL until such time as they, again, show honor to this nation. I've stopped watching the NFL.
Stalker

#25New Post! Nov 20, 2017 @ 17:32:21
@mrmhead Said

I wonder where T Jr's elephant tail trophy is?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#26New Post! Nov 20, 2017 @ 17:46:23
@chaski Said

I wonder where T Jr's elephant tail trophy is?

And that's where father and son differ.

Most of Dad's trophy tails are domestic
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#27New Post! Nov 20, 2017 @ 20:36:37
bozo's trophies are two bimbos that has for wives.
Justpassing On February 03, 2021

Avoca Vic Australia, Australia
#28New Post! Nov 20, 2017 @ 21:06:48
@chaski Said

For instance ........, he isn't even close to "worst president this nation ever had".

From the little I know of American politics my thoughts of Obama was that he tried to make Amarica a safer place (guns), and more supportive to those that need help (medical).

He is a brilliant speaker to the public but that isn't effective in the 'engine room'.

When it comes to ranking him there are way too many 'unknowns' for me - and for most people - to honestly do so.... so I look at what the experts in politics say.

The rankings focus on the presidential achievements, leadership qualities, failures, and faults

I see Obama rating 15th and 18th best.

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_presidents_of_the_United_States )
Stalker

#29New Post! Nov 20, 2017 @ 22:42:18
@Justpassing Said

From the little I know of American politics my thoughts of Obama was that he tried to make Amarica a safer place (guns), and more supportive to those that need help (medical).

He is a brilliant speaker to the public but that isn't effective in the 'engine room'.

When it comes to ranking him there are way too many 'unknowns' for me - and for most people - to honestly do so.... so I look at what the experts in politics say.

The rankings focus on the presidential achievements, leadership qualities, failures, and faults

I see Obama rating 15th and 18th best.

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_presidents_of_the_United_States )

Yes.... History will probable put Obama somewhere close to but slightly above average.

His detractors like to...

> ignore the few good things he did...like bring the USA economy back from the worst recession in modern times...

> blame him for things he didn't really do....like get us out of Iraq, which actually was a Bush move, Bush who signed the SOFA agreement that resulted in our exit from Iraq (funny how Bush got us in and out of Iraq)

> ignore some of his more conservative moves...like signing two pro-gun laws and renewing two other pro-gun laws...

> blame him for the ACA...even though much of it (like the Individual Mandate ) came from the Republican Party, which only turned on the ACA because they feared the Tea Party.) etc...

> ignore the fact that unemployment has been falling fairly steady since 2010...long before Trump was elected.

> blame him for the ATF "Operation Fast and Furious", even though the operation essentially began under an ATF initiative that started in 2006 under the Bush Administration...

> ignore the fact that OBL was killed (at least allegedly) during the Obama Administration...

etc... etc.. etc...

None the less, his detractors prefer to embrace the crazy and pretend like Obama was the worst ever and hates America... its actually quite comical.

As a Reagan era republican, I have a lot of political reasons to not really like Obama and the Democrats (I just tend to prefer facts)...

I have to admit, however, that the hyperbole is much more entertaining in this USA that has a love affair with reality TV & the Kardashians...at least more entertaining for those that are either too lazy or don't care to actually find out what is going on around them.

As to the topic of the thread... I bet Trump Jr has illegal trophies in the USA (probably sitting in his office in Trump Tower)... but I could be wrong.
Justpassing On February 03, 2021

Avoca Vic Australia, Australia
#30New Post! Nov 21, 2017 @ 02:05:04
Just like Kevin Rudd... how quickly people forget how he (well not him alone... the team) managed to significantly reduce damage during the Global Crisis. lol
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs