Bunyip Bend, Australia
#421New Post! Jul 27, 2017 @ 22:00:25
Things are pretty bloody good thanks.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#422New Post! Aug 01, 2017 @ 05:01:46
@shadowen Said

“...men should learn how to speak like women (and) not speak with absolute confidence when they are in fact not sure or expressing an opinion.”

Of course the people saying this s***e are expressing an opinion rather than disseminating facts, so it's a pity they don't take their own advice...but of course when they do it it's a good thing, yet when men do it it's a BAD thing! UFB

The thing I find so funny about this (apart from the severe retardation it entails) is that it assumes that "feminine" traits (bearing in mind that men and women are the same), are better, because all people are equal, but anything a man does is wrong. It's no wonder the chickie babes crack the s***s when men use logic is it?
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#423New Post! Aug 22, 2017 @ 17:00:10
On the LL in Australia (and elsewhere)...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- CS Lewis

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#424New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 13:23:00
Fairly uninspiring win in extra time by Australia over Syria. Now we await our CONCACAF opponent.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#425New Post! Oct 14, 2017 @ 11:42:40
Cracking weather. First pool day post winter...and the Oktoberfest is on!

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#426New Post! Nov 07, 2017 @ 12:55:53
Bugger..for the second year in a row I thought I had backed the winner in the cup only to have it pipped on the line!
ombra On July 08, 2018

Oakland, California
#427New Post! Nov 09, 2017 @ 07:39:51
@shadowen Said

I wish to talk about our failing judicial system. I find it obscene that once an offender has been found guilty of committing a criminal act (esp an indictable offence) our entire judicial process becomes all about doing what's in the best interests of the offender. We don't want to incarcerate them if we can help it as doing so might effect their rehabilitation! If the offence is so serious we have to incarcerate them then we don't want it to be for too long lest we effect their rehabilitation. It's all about the bloody offender and stuff the poor victim, their family or society in general. Here is one of the most recent examples...

Last year an 18 yr old bloke went out in Sydney's nightclub district for the first time. He had barely left the train station before a gutless wonder king hit him. The result of the king hit was that the teenager fell to the ground and suffered severe brain damage when his head hit the footpath. This poor young bloke (Thomas Kelly) never woke from his coma and in the end his parents were left to make the heart wrenching decision to turn off their son's life support.

Now the tosser who hit Thomas has been caught and was initially charged with murder. As of today that has been downgraded to manslaughter (probably serve 18 months). This is despite the fact that his attack on Thomas was completely unprovoked and despite the fact that this same gutless prick had assaulted four other people on the same bloody night. It's a bloody disgrace. The coward who struck Thomas should be charged with murder and he should be given a min. 25yrs in prison. No parole (which shouldn't exist for anyone). You do the crime you do the time. And yes i have found the prick guilty even before his case has gone to court as the evidence is overwhelming and the gutless w**ker has already admitted to hitting Thomas and the four other people (in separate events but on the same night).

Where is the justice for Thomas and his family? What sort of a weak message are they sending out to others re the consequences of king hitting someone. Enough is enough.

No different in America. Did the Aussie judicial system copycat the American one, or vice versa? I have yet to see any legal system in any country that puts the victims above the victimizers. Its always the victims lives are soooo cheap, but the life of the thug is so valuable. Justice is not to be found in any justice system I am aware of.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#428New Post! Nov 15, 2017 @ 11:47:20
Australia are through to their 4th straight world cup after defeating Honduras 3-1 in the 2nd leg. The opening half was pretty niggly with neither team really committing to attack.

In the second half Australia began to assert more control and were eventually rewarded with a slightly fortuitous goal via a Jedinak free kick. Honduras tried to up the tempo and attack more but in truth Australia always looked to more likely to score. Two clear cut penalties were converted by Jedinak with Honduras scoring a late consolation goal in the dying seconds via a goal mouth scramble. And so it's on to Russia comrades.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#429New Post! Nov 17, 2017 @ 07:41:52
I find the number of pollies being disqualified as a result of being found to be dual citizens quite staggering. The constitution (section 44) clearly disqualifies any person who:

" … is under any acknowledgement of allegiance, obedience, or adherence to a foreign power, or is a subject or a citizen or entitled to the rights or privileges of a subject or citizen of a foreign power."

So surely if you have any intention of standing in an election the first thing you would do is check to see if you are a dual citizen. When you do submit your name to stand for a seat then surely the AEC would then conduct a check to make sure the potential candidate meets the qualifications set out by the constitution. This would include checking that the applicant is NOT a dual citizen. It all just defies belief.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#430New Post! Dec 21, 2017 @ 13:46:48
After the tax payer funded Triple J opted not to hold their top 100 on Australia day any more the commercial station Triple M has stepped up with plans to have a hot 100 of Aussie music on our national day. Personally I reckon good on em. Not surprising the LL are outraged with rapper Briggs calling Triple M "redneck scum" and accusing the station of pandering to "white nationalists and racists".

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#431New Post! Dec 21, 2017 @ 13:55:02
A second horrific attack on pedestrians in Melbourne's CBD. This time the location was a busy intersection in Flinders Street.

Nineteen people were injured, including a four-year-old boy, after the driver of an SUV mowed down pedestrians just before 5pm.

The driver, a 32-year-old of Afghan descent, was arrested at the scene by an off-duty police officer.
Justpassing On February 03, 2021

Avoca Vic Australia, Australia
#432New Post! Dec 21, 2017 @ 21:40:49
@shadowen Said

A second horrific attack on pedestrians in Melbourne's CBD. This time the location was a busy intersection in Flinders Street.

Nineteen people were injured, including a four-year-old boy, after the driver of an SUV mowed down pedestrians just before 5pm.

The driver, a 32-year-old of Afghan descent, was arrested at the scene by an off-duty police officer.

It is a T-crossing where pedestrians cross at the same time and from any direction. One of the busiest in Melbourne.

And it always gets me.... "Well known to police".

High on ice... driving offenses..... violence.......
ombra On July 08, 2018

Oakland, California
#433New Post! Dec 23, 2017 @ 08:50:01
@shadowen Said

Firstly i want to talk briefly about burqas. In short they should not be aloowed to be worn in situations where identity may be an issue. So if police ask for a person to remove a burqa then they should have to do so. They shouldnt be worn in our courts and shop owners should be able to ask people to remove their burqa before they enter the shop and if they refuse then ban them entry free of any legal action...

It's wrong to have one rule for some people and then a different rule for everyone else.

I would agree. I often wonder just what motivates Muslims to emigrate to America, Europe, Australia, etc. They almost always claim it for greater freedom, but their actions seldom support their words. When they get here the women jump into the burqas, the men grow beards and don the turban, they throw the kids into madrasah, and avoid associating with non-muslims, so what exactly are they getting here that they cannot find in their homeland?
ombra On July 08, 2018

Oakland, California
#434New Post! Dec 23, 2017 @ 09:05:13
@shadowen Said

Firstly let me say that i have had a lot of experience with firearms. I enjoy shooting. Our gun laws in Australia however mean that there are very significant restrictions on gun ownership. But even though this does adversly affect me i reckon we have got it right. I really dont understand why in the US there is so much opposition to gun control...

Each day in the US 80 people are shot dead - eight of them children. Now obviously in the states this is seen as an acceptable price to pay for the 'right' to bear arms. So be it. It's not my country, i dont live there. But i am glad that we take a different approach to gun ownership in OZ

Unfortunately, the anti-gun people are every bit as fanatic as the NRA, so it comes down to a choice of which wacko to support...them that want to turn this country into another Japan (where only the police and yakuza can get guns), or them that want to go hunting with Uzis and keep assault rifles legal. I don't much like guns, but I'd have to side with the Second Amendment.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#435New Post! Dec 23, 2017 @ 18:13:19
@ombra Said

I would agree. I often wonder just what motivates Muslims to emigrate to America, Europe, Australia, etc. They almost always claim it for greater freedom, but their actions seldom support their words. When they get here the women jump into the burqas, the men grow beards and don the turban, they throw the kids into madrasah, and avoid associating with non-muslims, so what exactly are they getting here that they cannot find in their homeland?

The strange thing is that we actually encourage people from other cultures NOT to assimilate once they arrive here (very different to government policy in the 50's for example). We are not so much a culture influenced by people from many lands as much as we are a country where a number of cultures exist within their own little cocoons.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...27 28 29 30 31 ...40 41 42 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs