Q & A

Electric skateboards?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
ombra On July 08, 2018

Oakland, California
#1New Post! Nov 16, 2017 @ 01:06:28
Saw a guy on one last week. It was remote-controlled by some gadget in his hand. Watched him move it forward, go in reverse, stop, then go zipping up a hill pretty quick. Been looking to price it online, but cannot find one that says it goes in reverse. Anyone know which make/model it might be?
Justpassing On February 03, 2021

Avoca Vic Australia, Australia
#2New Post! Nov 20, 2017 @ 06:22:53
@ombra Said

Saw a guy on one last week. It was remote-controlled by some gadget in his hand. Watched him move it forward, go in reverse, stop, then go zipping up a hill pretty quick. Been looking to price it online, but cannot find one that says it goes in reverse. Anyone know which make/model it might be?

Are you sure it simply wasn't rolling down the the hill?
ombra On July 08, 2018

Oakland, California
#3New Post! Dec 25, 2017 @ 05:06:49
@Justpassing Said

Are you sure it simply wasn't rolling down the the hill?

I have yet to see one go up any hill without:
A. A lot of momentum
B. Or a lot of effort.
C. Or some kind of motor.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Dec 25, 2017 @ 05:42:05
in my old neighborhood, where I used lived. I wait for the bus to go home.

last a couple of months, I see a college student with an electric skateboard. he was go up and down a hill on the other side of the street, I was.

it look pretty cool. it is a regular skateboard from the distance I was standing at. it look like a tiny motor underneath the of the skateboard. I think he build it. the motor is attach separately from, so I think he build the motor himself.

it too hard see where I stand at. when he coming down the hill, he look doesn't use his feet to push. when he goes up hill, he has both feet on the top of skateboard, and he glide his way with his arms down up the hill. it look pretty cool to watch.

I am still using tricycle, where I live. with that skateboard, I use one. I probably still fall on my butt, with a helmet on.

#5New Post! Dec 25, 2017 @ 23:37:39
@twilitezone911 Said

last a couple of months, I see a college student with an electric skateboard. he was go up and down a hill on the other side of the street, I was.

it look pretty cool. it is a regular skateboard from the distance I was standing at. it look like a tiny motor underneath the of the skateboard. I think he build it. the motor is attach separately from, so I think he build the motor himself.

it too hard see where I stand at. when he coming down the hill, he look doesn't use his feet to push. when he goes up hill, he has both feet on the top of skateboard, and he glide his way with his arms down up the hill. it look pretty cool to watch.

Last yeah the big rage was the hoverboards.. stakeboard no wheels.. glide like a hovercraft.
Problem was that they tended to catch on fire.

I am still using tricycle, where I live. with that skateboard, I use one. I probably still fall on my butt, with a helmet on.

#6New Post! Dec 25, 2017 @ 23:38:40
@twilitezone911 Said

Last year the big rage was the hoverboards.. stakeboard no wheels.. glide like a hovercraft.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Dec 25, 2017 @ 23:58:01
I have articles in the past about the hovercrafts catching on fire. I think last year, they were talking about it.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#8New Post! Dec 26, 2017 @ 02:25:21
might be a scooter someone took the handle bars off?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Dec 26, 2017 @ 03:39:45
when I was a young teenager, between school and my neighbors used build box cart derby cars.

I never had one personally car of my own. ( my father and i build a minuate soap box debery car for cub scout race. my father really build the little car, i sand paper only on the car. we came pretty much last in the race, because one of the wheels came coming loose. my father was more disappointed than i was of the lose. i had fun spending time with my father. ) and the cars were plywood wood, with we had buy the wheels. or take off, baby strollers, those wheels really work.

the 10 speed bicycle and tricycle's wheels are pretty good to use. the body of the car was more go cart's out of wood, not the kind, you see in kid's races.

I remember in school, that we had two go carts make out of bits and pieces. they were pretty cool until our principal in elementary school didn't like we were drag races in our playground. we had a good hill to go down, we didn't have any motors on the cars. the whole thing last four days, on the school's playground.

my neighbor's friends were mechanical inline to build anything with tools. I try remember, I know we build something, I can't remember what it is. I used my red radio flyer down big hills, and radio flyer's sledge on hills. my neighbor's friend and i like to build car and ship's models. by myself, i wasn't great (pretty bad, almost pretty bad. surprisely, i never addicted by airplane glue. i had a lot of glue on my hands and the models, i was working. i never addicted. )make models on my own, i had fun try.

i just realized that i had typical childhood with friends and neighbor's friends, that not having to be high school's classmates as friends outside the school. even today, my high school's classmates are distance to me.
ombra On July 08, 2018

Oakland, California
#10New Post! Dec 28, 2017 @ 08:34:00
@twilitezone911 Said

Them I see for sale on Ebay are operated by a little hand-held control, but I suspect some are better than others, and likely not all can go in reverse. One I saw could go forwards, backwards, and stop. Thats one I'd want to buy.
ombra On July 08, 2018

Oakland, California
#11New Post! Dec 28, 2017 @ 08:39:40
@Justpassing Said

Last year the big rage was the hoverboards.. stakeboard no wheels.. glide like a hovercraft.

I still see them here. Nothing like a skateboard. Wheels are at the side. Reminds me of one those 'Segway', without the handles.

#12New Post! Dec 28, 2017 @ 20:34:00
@ombra Said

I still see them here. Nothing like a skateboard. Wheels are at the side. Reminds me of one those 'Segway', without the handles.

You are right my friend. They did have wheels.

I recall reading about a non-wheeled version that a company was developing but hadn't perfected yet. From memory, the issue was battery weight.
ombra On July 08, 2018

Oakland, California
#13New Post! Jan 29, 2018 @ 11:47:55
@Justpassing Said

You are right my friend. They did have wheels.

I recall reading about a non-wheeled version that a company was developing but hadn't perfected yet. From memory, the issue was battery weight.

No wheels? No idea how that would work. I'm sure there is no such thing as a real hoverboard, like in those 'Back to the Future' movies. Anyway, I'd still like to get one of them motorized skateboards, but at around $400, I would have to know a lot more about them than I do now.
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#14New Post! Jan 29, 2018 @ 17:48:55
I have a client who sells them online, not sure about going backwards though. He also has a marketplace where 3rd parties list their products. His website is gearscoot.com.

#15New Post! Jan 30, 2018 @ 05:54:57
Do his burst into flames when charging? The ones in Australia did.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs