Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Jul 26, 2017 @ 04:06:52
@twilitezone911 Said

if an vegetarian had see a dead animal on the dinner plate wearing green jumpsuit, they eat the crap out of it .

It's called Coprophagia Twilite, and as faeces is a kind of animal product, I'd be rather surprised if vegans indulged in that particular addition to their diet.

Just saying.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#17New Post! Jul 26, 2017 @ 04:27:52
@Jennifer1984 Said

It's called Coprophagia Twilite, and as faeces is a kind of animal product, I'd be rather surprised if vegans indulged in that particular addition to their diet.

Just saying.

jennifer, making a joke. i really didn't there was a word that i just make up the idea just then. there was a little logical maybe when i was thinking it. but it was a more of a joke.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Jul 26, 2017 @ 11:17:04
I knew you were. I was just drawing attention to the irony that a vegan would eat animal matter in my rather tongue-in-cheek way.

I do love a bit of irony.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#19New Post! Jul 26, 2017 @ 20:47:28
@mrmhead Said

Well, I do care if they are cannibal and it gets personal ...

That's why as a ...species? race? ...? I generally don't like zombies.

Well, I'm a necrophiliac so I love zombies. It makes life much easier when they come looking for me instead of the other way 'round.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#20New Post! Jul 26, 2017 @ 22:27:38
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Well, I'm a necrophiliac so I love zombies. It makes life much easier when they come looking for me instead of the other way 'round.

When the zombie apocalypse starts, and make no mistake it is impending, you will be one of the 1st to get relieved or your torment by way of cranial cessation...if you ever show up at my zombie safe haven...

PS
"We" already have the location identified, but one must be part of the "inner circle" to get the details.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#21New Post! Jul 26, 2017 @ 22:38:26
@Jennifer1984 Said

I knew you were. I was just drawing attention to the irony that a vegan would eat animal matter in my rather tongue-in-cheek way.

I do love a bit of irony.

speaking of irony, i mean iron, both of vegetables and meat has richest of iron in them.

talking about irony!
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#22New Post! Jul 26, 2017 @ 22:46:17
@Jennifer1984 Said

Just saying.

Even if the producing animal is a vegan/vegetarian? i.e. Rabbits

Rabbits sometimes makes a special deposit and then eat.
We used to have a few rabbits.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#23New Post! Jul 26, 2017 @ 23:07:33

Is being accused of murder why meat eaters don't like vegans?

PS
I am an omnivore.
Kibbity_Kabbit On October 16, 2017

Memphis, Tennessee
#24New Post! Oct 16, 2017 @ 09:46:52
@Eaglebauer Said

In all fairness though....how are any of these statements or questions ignorant or hateful?

(I did delete the two that were rude and/or uncalled for)

One of them is someone else expressing a personal choice...nothing really wrong there is there? One is someone saying they like bacon. Okay...nothing mean or rude there. The other two are people actually asking valid questions about veganism that I'd imagine most vegans would be more than happy to be given the opportunity to answer.

Sure, there are some a*****es out there who will attack you just for being vegan and getting bent out of shape for no good reason, but not everyone who questions you is attacking you either. Just a thought.

The "but..but BACON!" jokes get old after awhile & I don't want to feel forced to fake-laugh at bad jokes. That's like when customers make the "It's now free!" joke at my job when their card doesn't work. It's just really annoying & not that funny at all.

I don't mind answering questions when people are showing genuine curiosity about my lifestyle choices. I do enjoy bringing new perspectives they may not have known about in their own life. But I can tell by tone of voice when someone is being really condescending & just trying to tear me down.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#25New Post! Oct 16, 2017 @ 12:02:13
@Kibbity_Kabbit Said

The "but..but BACON!" jokes get old after awhile & I don't want to feel forced to fake-laugh at bad jokes. That's like when customers make the "It's now free!" joke at my job when their card doesn't work. It's just really annoying & not that funny at all.

I don't mind answering questions when people are showing genuine curiosity about my lifestyle choices. I do enjoy bringing new perspectives they may not have known about in their own life. But I can tell by tone of voice when someone is being really condescending & just trying to tear me down.

So because you don't think a joke is funny or you've heard it a bunch that makes it rude? I mean...I hate to play devil's advocate...but it sounds like you're actually being a lot more unforgiving than a lot of those other people. If you are vegan, great! Be vegan! But try to understand that a lot of people don't know what that really entails and don't really get it...and sometimes they're going to say things that might get old or sound condescending without actually meaning it. Someone who's never tried veganism or being a vegetarian might just be projecting...like "but...bacon...I can't live without bacon I don't know how you do it!"

That's a perspective too, isn't it?

I get it...I know when something is important to you like that it's easy to be on the defensive, especially when it's fashionable for people to bash what it is. The internet is rife with demeaning jokes about vegans and yes, that sucks. But I don't think most people really have any animosity toward vegans and there are just a few a*****es out there who make the rest of omnivores look bad.

Part of that culture though is mirrored in the groups of vegans who take a morally superior position over anyone who isn't vegan and try to shame them. There are entire threads on this very site where vegans have done just that and it puts everyone on the defensive on both sides and honestly...both sides are to blame.

You can say that not all vegans are like that and you'd be 100% correct, but meat eaters can say the same about meat eaters and also be 100% correct, and they can also tell by tone of voice when someone is being really condescending and just trying to tear them down for being meat eaters.

I think it's really just about some people being a*****es in general.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#26New Post! Oct 16, 2017 @ 13:26:49
Speaking Personally, I don’t hate on Vegans. Some of them bother me. The ones who act out and do the crazy protests. They annoy me.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs