Literature

Kindle Unlimited

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 29, 2017 @ 10:43:16
I'm considering getting Kindle Unlimited, I can do a 30 day trial to see what it's like but I was just wondering if anyone here has it and if they think it's worth it?

Looking at my wish list, I've only found one e-book so far that I could read on it, which to me means it wouldn't be.

However, I am currently spending way more than that a month buying books/e-books as I'm going through a reading phase at the moment.
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#2New Post! Aug 31, 2017 @ 19:41:09
@Silver_Lining Said

I'm considering getting Kindle Unlimited, I can do a 30 day trial to see what it's like but I was just wondering if anyone here has it and if they think it's worth it?

Looking at my wish list, I've only found one e-book so far that I could read on it, which to me means it wouldn't be.

However, I am currently spending way more than that a month buying books/e-books as I'm going through a reading phase at the moment.

You'll get a fair selection of the most well known works of literature from many genres. I signed up for it for a trial run and I didn't find as much as I wanted to, as I was hoping to acquire modern literature.

Kindle Unlimited doesn't offer many new books for grabs - you'll have to look for older or more popular fiction for the time being. Having said that, the list of books available on kindle unlimited is slowly increasing. I would suggest that you wait and see what is added to its range in the coming months.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Sep 06, 2017 @ 17:20:10
Sounds kind of limiting to me

Our public libraries have E-books to borrow.
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#4New Post! Sep 06, 2017 @ 18:59:27
@mrmhead Said

Sounds kind of limiting to me

Our public libraries have E-books to borrow.

How does that work?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Sep 06, 2017 @ 19:21:10
@Conflict Said

How does that work?

I have the Kindle app on my Android.

I have a library card/membership

I log into the library website find a book and tag it as wanting to borrow it as ebook.
They have a limited number of e-books per title to loan, so there may be a waiting list for the more popular ones. And not all titles are available in e-format.

The library site links me to OverDrive - a 3rd party intermediary - from which I can select the e-format.
Select Kindle, and authenticate to Amazon and tell Amazon which device I want the book to download too.

The e-book expires/disappears in two weeks, or I can renew it once or twice.

It's a little clumsy, but it works.

...btw - I use Kindle as white letters on black background -People look at me odd when I mention that, but it's MUCH easier on the eyes when reading at night.

They also have music and movies - haven't tried that yet - but I think those too are brokered by OverDrive.

This electronical stuff is pretty amazing!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs