Verbal abuse and Emotional Manipulation

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
outreachcasemanager2017 On April 07, 2017

Brenham, Texas
#91New Post! Apr 07, 2017 @ 12:48:55
@Erimitus Said

Proposition: That which is said in order to manipulate another person is verbal abuse.

Premise: Verbal manipulation is abuse.

Manipulation is an unscrupulous attempt to control another person.

Verbal Abuse is the use of words with the intention of causing pain and suffering in order to control another person for a selfish purpose.

It seems to me that if my definitions are correct then your definition is correct.

It seems to me that almost all people are sophists in one way or another.

It is the indifference to causing unnecessary harm that is abusive.

There are abusive people

Question: how do we deal with them?

Walk away.. that's all you can do. they will never change unless they want to. just don't engage, walk away, taking your power with you.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#92New Post! Apr 07, 2017 @ 14:12:58
@outreachcasemanager2017 Said

Walk away.. that's all you can do. they will never change unless they want to. just don't engage, walk away, taking your power with you.

I see four options..

retreat, defend, attack, ignore

In the case of a hostile aggressive (which one click from violent psychopath) I would not walk away. I Would run away.

In some cases, for instance at work) walking away is not an option if you wish to keep the job.

At a job in particular , and I suppose pretty much everywhere it is a power struggle.

In the I Ching (I believe it is the I Ching) it says better one step backwards. It is suppose to be a book of wisdom.

Anyway ...in a situation where retreat is not an option; what (depending on the circumstance) is the best approach? Kind of a vague question isn't it.

In plausible circumstance that have a reasonable chance of occurring; what is the best way to deal with a hostel aggressive.

Ok ...ok it depends on the particular hostile aggressive, the particular situation, and ...and of course; the audience.

Some general principle.

and so on
outreachcasemanager2017 On April 07, 2017

Brenham, Texas
#93New Post! Apr 07, 2017 @ 14:45:44
@Erimitus Said

I see four options..

retreat, defend, attack, ignore

In the case of a hostile aggressive (which one click from violent psychopath) I would not walk away. I Would run away.

In some cases, for instance at work) walking away is not an option if you wish to keep the job.

At a job in particular , and I suppose pretty much everywhere it is a power struggle.

In the I Ching (I believe it is the I Ching) it says better one step backwards. It is suppose to be a book of wisdom.

Anyway ...in a situation where retreat is not an option; what (depending on the circumstance) is the best approach? Kind of a vague question isn't it.

In plausible circumstance that have a reasonable chance of occurring; what is the best way to deal with a hostel aggressive.

Ok ...ok it depends on the particular hostile aggressive, the particular situation, and ...and of course; the audience.

Some general principle.

and so on

Good points!
ChrysantO On March 24, 2024

Gastonia, North Carolina
#94New Post! Feb 17, 2024 @ 06:40:37
There's a lot to what you're asking. Many ways that can occur. If happening at work then a different job position or getting support to organize a better way can help. If it's a personal thing the va er is dealing with then changing up the length of time by less time spent around the person is helpful. As a child their is knowledgeable moments verbally a child can take in. It can put a child on a different path but the family dynamics and knowledgeable moments etc are lifelong. Children knowing how to use the guidance given is a plus for the child as the knowledgeable moments can lead to struggles. I've narrowed down the concerns at work to continue being a great worker,--a doer, a helper, and minimize the opportunities for the main honcho to respond with the A to Z(not through)way of running the place. It's abusive, counterproductive, and as if it's a proprietor. There isn't a recipe, a brand, or coworking although some workers desire promoting & supportive feedback of the work expected and the extra helping time spent. It's almost at a bipolar work environment/concept.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs