Skunky's Official Stinky Feet Forum

I Need New Slippers

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#1New Post! Dec 17, 2016 @ 19:26:33
Man, I really hope I get a new pair of slippers for Christmas this year. I really need them. My old ones are still in decent condition... at least on top and the inside...

...But for some reason, the rubber soles at the bottom keep deteriorating and falling apart. I mean sure, I wear my slippers almost every day and I use them to walk down to the laundry room or sometimes I'll step outside in them when I'm trying to get the cat(s) inside, but not enough to justify how much of the sole keeps flaking off. It's gotten to the point where even the foam underneath the sole is starting to wear out too.

I really don't know why, but lately a lot of my shoes are getting worn out in the soles much faster than they should. I already have to get new dress shoes and the runners I just got 4 months ago are already starting to wear out in the right sole. I haven't really noticed a difference in my walking pattern either, so I don't know why my footwear is wearing out faster than usual.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#2New Post! Dec 17, 2016 @ 19:38:35
You buying decent quality shoes? I have a pair of globes that are years old.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Dec 17, 2016 @ 19:42:29
I used wear house slippers during my teens and my 20's. I stopped wear them, were cheap ones because that didn't have good arches for my feet.
puzZles On November 13, 2020

Inside my mind's mind, United
#4New Post! Dec 18, 2016 @ 01:28:00
It was bound to start happening sooner or later. A kind of acid build up, from the pure funk of your feet sweat. Is literally starting to eat away at your foot wear.
There is no turning back,I'm afraid, from this. When it gets to this point. Even new shoes would just be a waste of money.
chaski On about 14 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#5New Post! Dec 18, 2016 @ 01:30:01
@twilitezone911 Said

I used wear house slippers during my teens and my 20's. I stopped wear them, were cheap ones because that didn't have good arches for my feet.

When I started reading this post, I read: "I used to wear hose..."

That completely threw me off...I was like...
chaski On about 14 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! Dec 18, 2016 @ 01:32:26
@psycoskunk Said

Man, I really hope I get a new pair of slippers for Christmas this year.

Are we talking cement boots or some sort of HAZMAT BSI material?
puzZles On November 13, 2020

Inside my mind's mind, United
#7New Post! Dec 18, 2016 @ 01:39:04
@chaski Said

He can always go down and receive Government hand outs; grab two big blocks of cheddar and slap them on his feet, tie em up real good, walk around in those.
It will smell the same. But it won't Be the same. Something new for Chrissy.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Dec 18, 2016 @ 01:45:37
@chaski Said

When I started reading this post, I read: "I used to wear hose..."

That completely threw me off...I was like...

it would more funny if I wrote horse house slippers.

how mother let me have a horse in house's kitchen, I never know!

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Dec 18, 2016 @ 02:15:06
@psycoskunk Said

Man, I really hope I get a new pair of slippers for Christmas this year. I really need them. My old ones are still in decent condition... at least on top and the inside...

...But for some reason, the rubber soles at the bottom keep deteriorating and falling apart. I mean sure, I wear my slippers almost every day and I use them to walk down to the laundry room or sometimes I'll step outside in them when I'm trying to get the cat(s) inside, but not enough to justify how much of the sole keeps flaking off. It's gotten to the point where even the foam underneath the sole is starting to wear out too.

I really don't know why, but lately a lot of my shoes are getting worn out in the soles much faster than they should. I already have to get new dress shoes and the runners I just got 4 months ago are already starting to wear out in the right sole. I haven't really noticed a difference in my walking pattern either, so I don't know why my footwear is wearing out faster than usual.

skunky - the new kind of houseslippers- they call " holy slippers ".

not only the slippers are made out of " swiss cheese " because of the holes of sole of each slipper.

they are blessed by the pope.
Mankysparrow On April 26, 2017

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Dec 18, 2016 @ 10:17:51
I know what you mean about slippers, I love mine, big bunnys with floppy ears, so warm and comfortable. they're a bit old now but I know I'm getting new ones for Christmas, so I stuck duck tape on the bottom for now, it worked to.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#11New Post! Dec 18, 2016 @ 20:05:11
@adrinachrome Said

You buying decent quality shoes? I have a pair of globes that are years old.

Yeah. They just seem to be wearing out faster than normal. I might just have to get shoes with thicker soles, but still they shouldn't wear out so fast.

@puzZles Said

It was bound to start happening sooner or later. A kind of acid build up, from the pure funk of your feet sweat. Is literally starting to eat away at your foot wear.
There is no turning back,I'm afraid, from this. When it gets to this point. Even new shoes would just be a waste of money.

The insides of the slippers are perfectly fine... well, for the most part.

But even still, if it was my foot funk that was rotting out the shoes, wouldn't it be the inside that'd be affected and not the outside?

@chaski Said

Nah. Just some regular old slippers.

Besides, my shoes don't really smell that bad-

*Everyone in the thread looks at Skunky with a deadpan expression. then bursts out laughing.*

No, I'm serious guys. My shoes only tend to reek when I wear them that particular day. And even though the smell might linger for a while, it won't persist unless I wear those same shoes the next day, so if I go a while without wearing them, the smell will actually subside.

Still, you probably wouldn't want to go sticking your nose in my shoe to test this.

@puzZles Said

He can always go down and receive Government hand outs; grab two big blocks of cheddar and slap them on his feet, tie em up real good, walk around in those.
It will smell the same. But it won't Be the same. Something new for Chrissy.

Fun fact: The same bacteria that are used/present when cheese is ripening is also present on the soles of our feet. Brevibacterium linens is the main culprit, feeding on the isovaleric acid present in our sweat and producing that pungent, cheesy odour that we all Skunky loves and adores.

*He slides his slippers off his feet and spreads his toes. The strong, unmistakable odour of really tasty cheese (or really bad feet, depending on how you feel about strong-smelling cheeses [ ]) fills the air and gently wafts past people's noses. Skunky buries his nose between his toes and takes a deep inhale, savouring the stink.*

*Snnnnnniiiiiiiiiifffffffff!* Mmmmm.... I love my stinky feets. *Hugs his foot.*

@twilitezone911 Said

skunky - the new kind of houseslippers- they call " holy slippers ".

not only the slippers are made out of " swiss cheese " because of the holes of sole of each slipper.

they are blessed by the pope.

I heard something kinda creepy the other day. Did you know that the holes in swiss and other cheeses are referred to as eyes? Does that mean the cheese is watching us?!

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Dec 18, 2016 @ 20:55:37
@psycoskunk Said

Yeah. They just seem to be wearing out faster than normal. I might just have to get shoes with thicker soles, but still they shouldn't wear out so fast.

The insides of the slippers are perfectly fine... well, for the most part.

But even still, if it was my foot funk that was rotting out the shoes, wouldn't it be the inside that'd be affected and not the outside?

Nah. Just some regular old slippers.

Besides, my shoes don't really smell that bad-

*Everyone in the thread looks at Skunky with a deadpan expression. then bursts out laughing.*

No, I'm serious guys. My shoes only tend to reek when I wear them that particular day. And even though the smell might linger for a while, it won't persist unless I wear those same shoes the next day, so if I go a while without wearing them, the smell will actually subside.

Still, you probably wouldn't want to go sticking your nose in my shoe to test this.

Fun fact: The same bacteria that are used/present when cheese is ripening is also present on the soles of our feet. Brevibacterium linens is the main culprit, feeding on the isovaleric acid present in our sweat and producing that pungent, cheesy odour that we all Skunky loves and adores.

*He slides his slippers off his feet and spreads his toes. The strong, unmistakable odour of really tasty cheese (or really bad feet, depending on how you feel about strong-smelling cheeses [ ]) fills the air and gently wafts past people's noses. Skunky buries his nose between his toes and takes a deep inhale, savouring the stink.*

*Snnnnnniiiiiiiiiifffffffff!* Mmmmm.... I love my stinky feets. *Hugs his foot.*

I heard something kinda creepy the other day. Did you know that the holes in swiss and other cheeses are referred to as eyes? Does that mean the cheese is watching us?!

eyes are watching you, skunky, you better get your favorite cheese bless by your priest.

you might need an exorcist for your cheese and your slippers.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#13New Post! Dec 19, 2016 @ 18:49:30
At this rate, all of the rubber on the soles of my slippers are gonna fall off before Christmas. Then I won't even be able to wear them downstairs for laundry.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#14New Post! Jan 03, 2017 @ 20:06:28
I got new slippers, but alas... it was too late. The fetid stench of my old slippers has sent the thread into a tizzy. The wooden background is slowly starting to rot.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#15New Post! Jan 12, 2017 @ 17:05:48
Still can't believe my stinky feet broke the thread.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs