Teens

peer pressure - open discussion

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
phoebe098 On July 19, 2012

Cdo City, Philippines
#16New Post! Dec 26, 2011 @ 10:54:25
I would think that any teenager that want's to belong will have a difficult time to say no to anything a fellow teen will ask. I have my fair share of this thing. My high school was very much under the hands of the in-crowd but when an opportunity arise, I took it. I drank alcohol and even smoke. Thankfully, I wasn't addicted to it and I was able to pull myself away from the crowd and found some friends that accepts me for who I am. I guess, strong will is needed to get pass this phase.
SophieS On March 06, 2020

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 00:15:01
I am 15 and a smoker but it was not because of peer pressure. I kinda always wanted to smoked and actually pressured another girl into teaching me. I guess a few of my friends have followed me in taking up smoking but it was their choice.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#18New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 03:30:42
@SophieS Said

I am 15 and a smoker but it was not because of peer pressure. I kinda always wanted to smoked and actually pressured another girl into teaching me. I guess a few of my friends have followed me in taking up smoking but it was their choice.

when i was high school, i didn't smoke. i had notice that was easy for my classmates to hang around with kids that smoke.

your right, it was their choice to follow you or not. it is ok to smoke cigarettes, but not pot.

in long run, you will get cancer. you always quit later. it take more character for you to have the guts to quit. i rather have you smoke than drink. drinking is very bad for you, screw up your life. i don't drink.

it is normal at your age, do both, because it is the cool thing at your age. when i was a teenager, i thought a cigarette, something that you need to fit in with my peers.

i thought smoking was stupid, because like drinking, that i wouldn't face my problems, but hide in a cigarette or a bottle. was not my destiny. i choose not smoke or or drink. i choose pride over the two evils in high school. i have never look back in my choice.

today and even high school, i call a cigarette, " confidence stick ". i call it, i have notice people who smoke your " this stick " . people get a lot of confidence in themselves. i feel that people need to this stick is " copping out ", and people don't have the courage face their problems on their own. but you need a stick to make you brave.

i want you think about what i am said to think about this in future. i hope high school or soon, that you will quit, because you won't need the cigarette anymore.

i have impression, you feel guilty or little bit that force someone to teach you smoke. that you were curious how cigarette taste, that is a very normal. you shouldn't feel guilty for that. you are right, this person didn't need to teach how to smoke. this person probably was force to learned how to smoke, too.

don't worry about any guilty, you feel about someone teaching you how smoke. the question right now, do you really this " this stick "? you think about that for awhile.

i am not here to preach you or anything else, this my opinion only. you are very young, you can stop smoking anytime. when you get older, think about that whys, you are smoking.

but then you are holding your cigarette in your hand, ask yourself. can i solve my problems ( looking at your cigarette in you hand . ) with or without this?
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#19New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 03:36:03
Peer pressure is especially hard when you're peerless.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#20New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 03:40:40
I first read this as beer pressure.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#21New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 03:42:40
@shinobinoz Said

I hope it's good beer. Bad beer is just a sin against beer.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#22New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 03:48:11
@shinobinoz Said

The pressure on your bladder from drinking too much beer?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#23New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 03:49:26
@LuckyCharms Said

I hope it's good beer. Bad beer is just a sin against beer.

I'd better go to bed. Thought this was bad bear!
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#24New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 03:52:15
@shinobinoz Said

I'd better go to bed. Thought this was bad bear!

Or get new glasses. [smile]https://i.tfster.com/i48/5/1/4/tfs_7b223398a714.gif">
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#25New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 04:13:21
@LuckyCharms Said

Or get new glasses. [smile]https://i.tfster.com/i48/5/1/4/tfs_7b223398a714.gif">

They are contacts so I guess they really are nude glasses!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 09:06:41
@twilitezone911 Said

when i was high school, i didn't smoke. i had notice that was easy for my classmates to hang around with kids that smoke.

your right, it was their choice to follow you or not. it is ok to smoke cigarettes, but not pot.

in long run, you will get cancer. you always quit later. it take more character for you to have the guts to quit. i rather have you smoke than drink. drinking is very bad for you, screw up your life. i don't drink.

it is normal at your age, do both, because it is the cool thing at your age. when i was a teenager, i thought a cigarette, something that you need to fit in with my peers.

i thought smoking was stupid, because like drinking, that i wouldn't face my problems, but hide in a cigarette or a bottle. was not my destiny. i choose not smoke or or drink. i choose pride over the two evils in high school. i have never look back in my choice.

today and even high school, i call a cigarette, " confidence stick ". i call it, i have notice people who smoke your " this stick " . people get a lot of confidence in themselves. i feel that people need to this stick is " copping out ", and people don't have the courage face their problems on their own. but you need a stick to make you brave.

i want you think about what i am said to think about this in future. i hope high school or soon, that you will quit, because you won't need the cigarette anymore.

i have impression, you feel guilty or little bit that force someone to teach you smoke. that you were curious how cigarette taste, that is a very normal. you shouldn't feel guilty for that. you are right, this person didn't need to teach how to smoke. this person probably was force to learned how to smoke, too.

don't worry about any guilty, you feel about someone teaching you how smoke. the question right now, do you really this " this stick "? you think about that for awhile.

i am not here to preach you or anything else, this my opinion only. you are very young, you can stop smoking anytime. when you get older, think about that whys, you are smoking.

but then you are holding your cigarette in your hand, ask yourself. can i solve my problems ( looking at your cigarette in you hand . ) with or without this?

Yeh I might get cancer but I really like smoking and don't want to quit. it was my decision and I like being part of the gang of smokers. i'm hooked now and want to keep on smoking.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#27New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 10:51:26
@SophieS Said

Yeh I might get cancer but I really like smoking and don't want to quit. it was my decision and I like being part of the gang of smokers. i'm hooked now and want to keep on smoking.

i understand, i mean later in your life. you look at back time at this time. you had a choice.

it really i am not going preach about you allow to choose. i am just said when you get older, you start thinking about regrets in your life. you have had choices that all the time.

at my age, it is normal that i had choices ore regrets that i going back in time, i might have change. i gave you advice in your decision in smoking, not condemn you to burn you at the steak. not my place.

of course, you have can do what you want in your life. many ways, you seem to tell us, it doesn't matter, i like to smoke. we can stop you from smoking. it really not our business, what you do with your life.

i think i felt and other members, has mention that are concerns about you , we care about you.

when you can on the forum to joined, you seem to look for advice about smoking. i and other members understand that we can or not change your mind, you are smoking. it look you have now that starting care for you, that probably will continuing trying to stop you from smoking.

anyway, smoking is a bad habit to start and is much hard to break.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#28New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 13:20:21
Do As I Say and Not As I Do!! (did)

Did that help any?

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#29New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 13:24:54
@twilitezone911 Said

i understand, i mean later in your life. you look at back time at this time. you had a choice.

it really i am not going preach about you allow to choose. i am just said when you get older, you start thinking about regrets in your life. you have had choices that all the time.

at my age, it is normal that i had choices ore regrets that i going back in time, i might have change. i gave you advice in your decision in smoking, not condemn you to burn you at the steak. not my place.

of course, you have can do what you want in your life. many ways, you seem to tell us, it doesn't matter, i like to smoke. we can stop you from smoking. it really not our business, what you do with your life.

i think i felt and other members, has mention that are concerns about you , we care about you.

when you can on the forum to joined, you seem to look for advice about smoking. i and other members understand that we can or not change your mind, you are smoking. it look you have now that starting care for you, that probably will continuing trying to stop you from smoking.

anyway, smoking is a bad habit to start and is much hard to break.

I accept it is a bad habit but I am having a good time and it would be really hard to quit just now.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#30New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 13:37:45
@SophieS Said

I accept it is a bad habit but I am having a good time and it would be really hard to quit just now.

i meant in your adult life, you quit.

most of my high school classmates in school started to smoked to fit with their peers.

such remember, that peers are the same age are little older than you are. they know about the same amount about life, as you do. do the math on that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs