Mental Health

You Can't Just Move On

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#2New Post! Dec 29, 2016 @ 22:36:22
You have to work with it.

It's a matter of coming to live with the experience in a manner where it is not at the front and center of your existence.

No one gets out without some kind of trauma - to be sure, some more and some less. Moving on requires moving through it and coming out to the other side of it. You'll never be without the experience, but the experience doesn't have to control every aspect of your life.

In time. With effort.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#3New Post! Dec 30, 2016 @ 16:18:26
I'm with Lucky on this one.
Once you decide o live with the experience, you will be able to start moving forward. It will indeed take time, as all things do.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#4New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 15:01:06
It's a balance of both - and when to deal with it/talk it out VERSUS moving on/living in the now will vary person to person, day to day.

For example - "IF" say, my mama died, my grandson died, my oldest brother died, and my beloved furbaby/dog died all within the last ten years --- LIFE STILL GOES ON. That is not to say that I would not have days or hours of numbness/inactivity/hibernation/sadness/crying.

It means to allow oneself to go thru those periods/phases, recognize them for what they are ---- and they are very real --- and then be able to AT THE RIGHT TIME/when or as needed for that specific person --- to MOVE ON, MOVE PAST THAT. Then, one must/can/will when the time is right for them ...'nowww'... choose which thoughts you will keep in your head, which thoughts you will replace or file AWAY ... for nowwww. That is the balance - choosing your thoughts which will determine your actions (for now). Each person has to deal with their past, their traumas, but they can and will reach the point where they CAN CHOOSE not to deal with the PAST/GRIEF 'for now' ... and forcus on the present ... for now. Essentially, living in the now, not in the past.

And being understanding of yourself when thoughts of the past creep in and start to consume your mind/life. Process/prioritize your thoughts/ needs at the time, then .... move on (as it suits your and your life and your needs).
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs