Forums: Entertainment:
Movies

Tactical flaws

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On March 25, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 23:30:00
In this thread, I'd like us to contemplate why certain action sequences in films played out the way they did. Sometimes I think they could have turned out differently.

Let's begin with a scene from Terminator 2.

In the Steel Mill, the T-800 begins to search for the T-1000 with his M-79 aiming straight ahead and his Beretta in his other hand. The T-1000 surprises the T-800 from the side, grabbing the M-79 and tossing it far away.

Now, I see the first tactical flaw in this scenario. Why did the T-000 not make the M-79 fire by making the T-800 pull the trigger, thereby wasting the one and only HE round in the chamber? That would've more effectively neutralized the weapon. The T-800 wouldn't have been able to use it again, as he'd run out of HE rounds.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#2New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 23:35:11
@Conflict Said

In this thread, I'd like us to contemplate why certain action sequences in films played out the way they did. Sometimes I think they could have turned out differently.

Let's begin with a scene from Terminator 2.

In the Steel Mill, the T-800 begins to search for the T-1000 with his M-79 aiming straight ahead and his Beretta in his other hand. The T-1000 surprises the T-800 from the side, grabbing the M-79 and tossing it far away.

Now, I see the first tactical flaw in this scenario. Why did the T-000 not make the M-79 fire by making the T-800 pull the trigger, thereby wasting the one and only HE round in the chamber? That would've more effectively neutralized the weapon. The T-800 wouldn't have been able to use it again, as he'd run out of HE rounds.

Well that also shows that no matter how advanced one machine can be, it will always have flaws.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 23:48:31
M-79 - Grenade Launcher Airsoft

it is more of shotgun.

i have seen the movie, it is the scene when Arnold shoot Robert Patrick's body. i think shoot his head and half of his body off. Patrick's body come back together. i hate when that happen to me, don't you?

Patrick's body was liquid, no matter. what weapon, Arnold shot at him, the body was would become liquid. nothing solid would kill him.

i am not sure it would matter Arnold would have pull the trigger or not.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#4New Post! Nov 14, 2016 @ 12:31:43
@twilitezone911 Said

M-79 - Grenade Launcher Airsoft

Patrick's body was liquid, no matter. what weapon, Arnold shot at him, the body was would become liquid. nothing solid would kill him.

This observation highlights the most obvious reason for why the T-1000 didn't dispose of the grenade launcher or make it fire. If the weapon had been disposed of, the T-800 wouldn't have had been able to use it in order to make the T-1000 fall backwards into the molten steel pit.

Was the reason for sparing the grenade launcher that simple?

Would they have been able to take the film in a different direction and end it with the destruction of the T-1000 if the grenade launcher's one remaining round had been wasted?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Nov 14, 2016 @ 13:08:33
I never was a big fan of the " the terminator ' movies , they were stupid to watched.

as far that scene, at the time, it should gone a different direction not waste so much time to after the kid. the plot was weak and dialog was stupid.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#6New Post! Nov 16, 2016 @ 14:10:22
@twilitezone911 Said

I never was a big fan of the " the terminator ' movies , they were stupid to watched.

as far that scene, at the time, it should gone a different direction not waste so much time to after the kid. the plot was weak and dialog was stupid.

I will admit, the story was very confined to the three main protagonists following Sarah's escape from Pescadero. It widened a little when the attempt on Dyson was made, but not by much. If a bigger story was to be told, the film would have had to be at least forty five minutes longer, though. May the budget wasn't big enough to allow for that.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Nov 16, 2016 @ 14:40:51
@Conflict Said

I will admit, the story was very confined to the three main protagonists following Sarah's escape from Pescadero. It widened a little when the attempt on Dyson was made, but not by much. If a bigger story was to be told, the film would have had to be at least forty five minutes longer, though. May the budget wasn't big enough to allow for that.

the movie was too long, already. the original " the terminator ", I saw the movie 45 minutes on tv. the scene when Arnold crashed police car in the police station. when I changed the tv channel, because that movie that bad, it really bad. a weak storyline for me.

" the matrix " was better to watch. all " star wars movies " were better than " avatar ". that movie was an hour too long and boring. it didn't make over a billion special effects, it would have been a huge flop. that why it didn't win " best picture ".

when I watch a movie and at the end of the movie, I want to personally want to kill all the main characters in the movie.

that movie is really bad.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#8New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 21:59:13
There was one tactical flaw in Terminator 2 that I do recall and could have been avoided. Linda Hamilton forgot to replace her ear plugs while she was doing the elevator chase scene. This resulted in permanent deafness in one ear. I don't know what was happening at the time, but she's been maimed for life and I think it could have been prevented.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 22:16:11
@Conflict Said

There was one tactical flaw in Terminator 2 that I do recall and could have been avoided. Linda Hamilton forgot to replace her ear plugs while she was doing the elevator chase scene. This resulted in permanent deafness in one ear. I don't know what was happening at the time, but she's been maimed for life and I think it could have been prevented.

you are overthink this movie, probably why I didn't any of these movies.

you are hitting the reasons, I probably have see the flaws that turned me off with movies.

the acting wasn't that great, it was annoying as hell. but special effects why the three movies sold the public.

Arnold was what sold the three movies.

" the abyss " and " true lies " only two movies, I really like from cameron's crappy movies.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 22:44:03
@Conflict Said

I really not sure linda hamilton, you are right about this scene. it doesn't make sense.

there is a lot of flaws in this movie, you watch for them. I probably have. I notice all three movies could be better, but you have remember this was Arnold. the man can act a little. one of his best roles are in comedy.

" raw deal " actually was very good in. Arnold is more famous for his body and lack of talking.

camerson designed the three movies for Arnold's action, not acting. Arnold wasn't going win an Oscar for any movies.

conflict- you pick a scene that really does make sense that why would she need to deaf in one ear for life. I am not sure why camerson put in the scene.

there is probably is lot of tactical flaws in this movie, we can nick pick all scenes in the movie, I don't remember this scene.

only answer to this flaw - she didn't forget, but she did intently, why, I don't know.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#11New Post! Nov 22, 2016 @ 14:53:46
Well, she was one of the only, as far as I know.

On to our next movie. Street Fighter (1994). Bison rushes Guile with a clumsy punch, and I call it clumsy because Bison telegraphed the move by making it painfully easy to see coming and allowed Guile to sidestep him cleanly and deliver a spinning hook kick to the back of his head.

Why did they make that kind of tactical flaw in the film?

By the way, is anyone else going to join this discussion? Beside one post from Cpat92, no one else has posted on this thread so far. Could other members here please get involved? This is a big area of cinema that I need help to better understand.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs