Forums: Science:
Biology

Gunshot wound shock

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Mar 20, 2016 @ 19:15:23
I have learned through narratives and films that when a person is shot in a certain point in their body, they pass out due to shock from the bullet wound. Please explain the reason for this.
Commander4th On May 31, 2021

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Mar 20, 2016 @ 19:22:55
@Conflict Said

I have learned through narratives and films that when a person is shot in a certain point in their body, they pass out due to shock from the bullet wound. Please explain the reason for this.

Where's the certain point?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#3New Post! Mar 20, 2016 @ 20:04:58
Shock is low blood profusion.

If you are shot in a place that results in low blood profusion (e.g., blood loss) then you will go into shock.

Pale
cold
wet
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Mar 20, 2016 @ 21:00:52
i think the person pass out with a bullet wound, not by be aware of being shock.

actually, the person that get shot, their body goes in shock but the person's mind doesn't accept it doesn't registry the shot.

from tv and movies, my knowledge comes from. not life experiences.

when a victim shot think my arm is in pain and burn. the shot starts bleeding and the victim put the victim's hand on the victim's shoulder. and then the victim look at his hand, it is bleeding.

of course, if the victim never been shot, this a big deal to the victim. the victim's body automatically goes shock. the victim can can pass out the victim's blood on your hand.

of course, there a few idiots around the victim, one state that obvious, the victim been shot. the victim pass out with that news.

i think the victim's mind has recognize that the victim been shot. the victim's mind tell the victim's body that the victim been shot. the victim's mind had no idea what to do except go in shock. the victim's body thank brain not tell what to do. so the victim's body shut down, and the victim pass out.
Commander4th On May 31, 2021

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 20, 2016 @ 21:06:00
Or the victim owes then gunman money, so is just pretending to be dead.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Mar 20, 2016 @ 22:08:07
Unless he's a zombie, then he is already dead and loss of blood is minimal and shock is irrelevant because he is already dead.

...That is, if he's a zombie.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#7New Post! Mar 21, 2016 @ 11:18:05
@mrmhead Said

Unless he's a zombie, then he is already dead and loss of blood is minimal and shock is irrelevant because he is already dead.

...That is, if he's a zombie.

That is why you have to shoot the zombies in the head.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#8New Post! Mar 21, 2016 @ 21:46:22
@Erimitus Said

Shock is low blood profusion.

If you are shot in a place that results in low blood profusion (e.g., blood loss) then you will go into shock.

Pale
cold
wet

I would like to present two examples. They are both from the Resident Evil games. In the first, Leon, one of the main characters is shot protecting Ada, one of the supporting characters. He takes a bullet in his side and passed out due to shock from the gun shot, according to the in game dialogue that comes up if you examine his body. So, blood loss causes this?

My second example is Resident Evil 3. When Nemesis has been shot a number of times, he will fall down. Now, he will recover in a few seconds and rise, without any loss in his speed or performance. Even though he will have less health and a major arterial vein will burst, causing an even greater loss of blood which will cause him to pass out from low blood profusion, Nemesis is still able to function normally after he gets up from falling down.

So, having lost some blood from being shot a number of times, Nemesis colapses, but he is able to get up seconds later at full physical strength. Please explain the idea behind this.

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Mar 22, 2016 @ 01:27:13
@Conflict Said

I would like to present two examples. They are both from the Resident Evil games. In the first, Leon, one of the main characters is shot protecting Ada, one of the supporting characters. He takes a bullet in his side and passed out due to shock from the gun shot, according to the in game dialogue that comes up if you examine his body. So, blood loss causes this?

My second example is Resident Evil 3. When Nemesis has been shot a number of times, he will fall down. Now, he will recover in a few seconds and rise, without any loss in his speed or performance. Even though he will have less health and a major arterial vein will burst, causing an even greater loss of blood which will cause him to pass out from low blood profusion, Nemesis is still able to function normally after he gets up from falling down.

So, having lost some blood from being shot a number of times, Nemesis colapses, but he is able to get up seconds later at full physical strength. Please explain the idea behind this.

Nemesis has a built-in squadron of micro-bots, of which a portion are molecular reorganizers which change the lead/metal from the bullets unto usable material so the construction micro-bots can heal the wounds, and maintain his strength.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Mar 22, 2016 @ 01:41:48
@Conflict Said

he wearing a bullet proof amour that would explain some of this.

his body be strong enough asborbs that hit, and he can function enough to get a second wind. that could account, full recovery. until a body and his mind realizes the damage the bullet(s) hit his insides. then he he should collapses.

NE, Ohio
#11New Post! Mar 22, 2016 @ 02:08:18
@twilitezone911 Said

he wearing a bullet proof amour that would explain some of this.

his body be strong enough asborbs that hit, and he can function enough to get a second wind. that could account, full recovery. until a body and his mind realizes the damage the bullet(s) hit his insides. then he he should collapses.

Kinda like a chicken with it's head cut off.
Isn't that what happens in Earthworm Jim?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Mar 22, 2016 @ 02:16:45
@mrmhead Said

Kinda like a chicken with it's head cut off.
Isn't that what happens in Earthworm Jim?

i am not familiar with earthworm jim. but i did go out once with earthworm judy, maybe they are relate?

you mean chicken head keep clucking, i hate when that happen , don't you?

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#13New Post! Mar 22, 2016 @ 19:45:11
@mrmhead Said

Nemesis has a built-in squadron of micro-bots, of which a portion are molecular reorganizers which change the lead/metal from the bullets unto usable material so the construction micro-bots can heal the wounds, and maintain his strength.

Very interesting. Where did you learn this?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs