Forums: Art & Literature:
Literature

Alternate events

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 15:00:13
The reboot Star Trek series is but one of the many remakes that have recycled ideas, presenting them again in different ways. I am particularly interested in this idea, as it attempts to explore the different outcomes of the events that happen in our lives.

I would like to present my own literary work of of an alternate version of the fight between pops and the 1984 Terminator. I know I have touched on this subject before, but I didn't address it in a very imaginative way. Who wins a battle is a very complex issue and it can matter or not to so many different kinds of people.

Therefore, I'd like to share with you one possible way the fight could have unfolded, if Pops had chosen to take on Terminator and defeat it without Sarah's intervention. Please comment, or present your own ideas.

The Terminator had closed the distance between it and the Guardian rapidly. The three shotgun blasts to its chest hadn't slowed it down at all and if the Guardian didn't react within a split second of the killing machine coming to within arm's reach of him, or be hurled and disarmed, loosing his weapon to tthe Terminator, who would have used on him expertly enough to disable him and then have a few seconds to tear the servomotor cables connecting his neck to the rest of his body.
The Guardian raised his shotgun horizontally and struck the Terminator in the face, striking him cleanly accross cranial area. The hard steel crumpled and snapped under the impact, breaking the weapon cleanly in two. The Terminator's head snapped back under the impact and its run was broken into a stumble. Guardian pressed his attack by slamming his fist down onto the Terminator's shoulder, hoping to damage the servomotor to his head so the fight would come to an end sooner, or at the very least, prevent the Terminator from raising his defending arm quick enough to defend itself.

Terminator responded by doing the same to Pops, aiming to achieve the same result. Guardian anticipated it and went to the side with the blow, managing to deflect enough of the impact to remain standing. He executed a new command that made him roll upwards after the blow to strike the Terminator under the chin with a vertical punch. It went up in such a way that struck the Terminator in his artificial nose, making him stumble back a pace. Guardian placed both hands on the Terminator's shoulders, turned him slightly sideways and pushed him backwards, breaking into a run.

The Terminator's struck a nearby lampost head and back first, denting the pole with a dull thud. It brought its arms over and then under the arms of the Guardian and then head butted him hard. Guardian contracted his body and head back at the same time, again managing to prevent his neck mechanisms from compressing under the recoil, but was momentarily stunned. In that time, Terminator side stepped, grabbed Guardian by one arm and, taking a fistfull of hair, slammed his face into the same lamp post. He did it twice more, causing enough of a dent to cause the lamp to collapse forward.

Terminator continued by hurling guardian forward into the nearby guardrail. All three of its railings crumpled under the weight of Guardian and he fell flat on his front. Having broken the fall with his arms and landing on earth, Guardian had sustained no significant damage. Terminator lifted him up by his jacket, gripping him hard. Guardian turned to face the machine and grabbed him by the shoulders, in preperation for the upcoming throw to the side. The move worked in his favor, allowing him to sail through the air in such a way that he landed on his face again. He broke what his sensors had already registered as a pay to use telescope. It came off cleanly as he struck it and fell well within reach. He quickly got to his knees, grabbed the telescope by its broken support, reaquired his target and swung at head level, having revised using it in advance and putting the command on standby.

The telescope struck the terminator full on in the side of his head. As Guardian prepared to swing it back the way it had come, he noticed the flesh on the left side of the Terminator's head has come away, including its left ear and eye. He wasted no time in swinging again, striking him on the opposite side with the other end of the telescope, not causing the same amount of damage as before due to the angle and battered state of the device, but hard enough to make the Terminator stagger backwards and have to turn away and stumble a few paces in order to avoid being hit. The section holding the many coins that numerous toursits and space aficionados had used to operate the telescope rained down on the ground, scattering and dancing wildly in the moon light.

Terminator quickly righted itself, taking a moment to assess the new threat potential. It became aware that its infiltration overlay had been compromised in such a way that would make the unit easier to detect. Aware his weapon was now useless, Guardian slammed down the telescope, making it crash on the ground in case there was still enough mass to allow it to be used as a weapon. Terminator processed the scenario rapidly and determined that it had to rush this other terminator or it could enter into a prolonged battle that could compromise more of its flesh cover.

The same idea occured to guardian and he rushed the Terminator. As he came close to the machine it grabbed him and its head ducked at a low angle and then came forward. Guardian moved his head to one side and forward, evading another headbutt. He snaked one arm under the terminator's grab and struck him with an uppercut punch, making Terminator's head snap upwards. Guardian continued with a hook punch to its jaw, making its head snap to the side, finishing the chain by knocking the arms of the terminator aside from the inside and then shoving him backwards.

Terminator fell backward and landed hard on the asphalt, creating a small crater like mold in its wake...

This is a sample of what I would write. I will continue it some other time. Please, let me know how realistic my take is.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 19:58:11
i never saw the whole movie of the first terminator. i tried the first 45 minutes of the movie.

i annoyed by the fact that arnold didn't hardly said anything during i was it. i thought bad version of " dirty harry " and " death wish ". arnold was supposed to a version of clint and charles has a vigilante. arnold was doing a lousy impression of alien.

i watching this movie on tv, i was gratefully for the commercials. when arnold crash his car into police station, that when i change tv channel watch something else. if i was in a movie theater, it would difficult for me to see through this bad movie.

i do admit that what i saw of the movie that cameron nailed the style of the backdrop the way. it look in los angeles back then, of course, dud! he shot the movie in los angeles. most of the movies in 80's, they had the same kind of style of a certain look that was 80's.

conflict's description is pretty good, i would watch the description in the movie. i probably not this movie, but in some movie. i really haven't big fan of cameron's movies. i have see most of his movies, but not a really big fan of his.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#3New Post! Mar 13, 2016 @ 14:01:05
Here is my next alternate fight. I would like to focus on combat scenes because I can envision them very clearly, thanks to my training in martial arts. My next hypothetical showdown is between Melina and Lori from Total Recall (1990)...

Melina threw a direct punch at Lori, hoping to have disguised it well enough with the kick accross Lori's face. Lori saw the blow coming and deflected it hard to the side with a sharp forearm parry, so sharp that it made Melina go in the direction of the parry. Melina brought her rear leg foreward, going with the flow of the deflection, but twisted her body, managing to bring her feet back in line with Lori and delivered a spinning backfist to her face.
The strike hit her full in the face, making her head snap to one side hard. Melina turned to the front and ducked low, charging Lori, digging her shoulder into her stomach. Lori stumbled back, on the verge of falling, but used her rear leg as a break, successfully skidding to a halt and breaking Melina's grip on it. She kneed her hard in a breast, causing Melina to roar in agony, before elbowing her hard on her back and pulling down on her head, while simultaneously pulling on the inside of her leg to make her flip over Lori onto her back. She performed a backward roll at the same time, landing on top of Lori, straddling her in a perverse grappling hold. She leaned foreward, holding Melina's head in a front facelock, locking her forearm and hands under her chin.
Melina struggled, but Lori had caused pain that was too sharp for her to recover from and her legs were trapped under Lori's thighs. Leaning back, Lori pulled up and twisted Melina's neck, breaking it cleanly.
Lori let Melina go, her attention drawn to something urgent. It was Doug who was on his hands and knees. He'd woken up and was no prying one of the guns from one of Lori's goons.
Acting quickly, Lori rose to her feet, hoisting up Melina's body in front of her, wrapping one arm around her waist and the other around her legs and charged at Doug.
Doug seized his prize, aimed it in Lori's direction, but withheld the instinct to fire, confused by limp body of Lori coming straight at him. He saw Lori's viscious eyes a second too late to aim for her head. She hurled the body of Melina at him, making it hit him head on. He fired a reflexive shot, making the bullet fly feet high above Lori's head and richocetting off the ceiling and then embedding itself into the carpeted floor.
His adrenaline flowing, Doug quickly threw the body of Melina of of him, her dead eyes meeting his in a morbid moment as she hit him. In that space of time, Lori spun around and executed a spinning crescent kick, striking Doug full on in the jaw. He fell to the side, partially absorbing the blow, but not enough to prevent it from connecting at most of its strength. He collapsed to the carpet, unconscious again.
Lori gritted her teeth as she withdrew her foot and hobbled over to the body of her set up husband. Doug's jaw had been hard and if she hadn't kicked with the right part of her foot, she might have broken her foot. As it was, the flesh or bone seemed bruised. Either way, it was bearable.
'Good thing you won't remember that or the kick to your balls. You asked for both and you got them, but after we're done with you, all this is going to worth it.' She said, deriving pleasure from the fact that the process of restoring Douglas Quad was going to erase rectify everything that had just happened and make life so much better.

How's that for a piece of imaginative, alternate universe writing?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Mar 13, 2016 @ 16:36:29
i do remember the scene in the movie. i remember parts of it, it was a nice fight scene.

i like arnold killed sharon, and he something said like this, " we had a divorce or something. "

the fight that you describe , don't think it was about less than five minutes. it was one of the better scene in the movie. sharon was hot to watch back then, i really didn't caring about the fight scene. i was watching sharon's body more than the fight.

conflict - your scene is a good fight scene.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#5New Post! Mar 13, 2016 @ 19:34:36
@twilitezone911 Said

i do remember the scene in the movie. i remember parts of it, it was a nice fight scene.

i like arnold killed sharon, and he something said like this, " we had a divorce or something. "

the fight that you describe , don't think it was about less than five minutes. it was one of the better scene in the movie. sharon was hot to watch back then, i really didn't caring about the fight scene. i was watching sharon's body more than the fight.

conflict - your scene is a good fight scene.

Douglas Quaid said, "Consider that a divorce." Thanks for your complement. Do you have any alternate fight scenes you would like to theorize about?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Mar 13, 2016 @ 20:11:06
@Conflict Said

Douglas Quaid said, "Consider that a divorce." Thanks for your complement. Do you have any alternate fight scenes you would like to theorize about?

your welcome, i was close with the phase.

i have think about. it isn't usually the fight scene is my problem. the scene is itself. i have problems with most scenes in " terminator 2 ". i was turn off by the whole movie's plot , i thought could been better less predictable.

i was expect a lot more out of movie than i saw in the movie theater. but, i wasn't too crazy about the first six installments of " star wars ". to see the last installment of star wars, i could wait for dvd.

more i think about now, that most fight scenes that are coordinate are ok, are too long. the director can goes overboard with their fight scenes.

i think one of best coordination fight scenes in any movie, was " cough tiger hidden dragon " that had brilliant fight scenes in it.

less fight scenes in movies maybe better in action movies. like ' leo and mr.smith's fight scenes ' were too long , in general. even those were they were great to watch. the directors are make these scenes too long to watch.

i can't think any film's fight scene, would alter to make the film better to watch right now. thanks for asking!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs