Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#16New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 03:48:18
Loved the Blind Side movie!
Think it's understandable why he himself may not be so fond of the movie. Wish there were more success stories like this, and it's not all about being rich, dollar wise, either. Though I wouldn't say no to it!

@restoreone Said

One cool thing is a movie has already been made about one of the Players.
Michael Oher "The Blind Side".

He Plays for the Panthers as a tackle normally the 2nd highest paid player on the team.

A true from rags to riches story.

Michael does not like the story.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#17New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 17:27:14
@restoreone Said

One cool thing is a movie has already been made about one of the Players.
Michael Oher "The Blind Side".

He Plays for the Panthers as a tackle normally the 2nd highest paid player on the team.

A true from rags to riches story.

Michael does not like the story.

He doesn't like the movie because everyone expected him to be the next Anthony Munoz after that, when, in reality, he has just been a average starter at best. He has been, in fact, let go by two teams since being drafted in the first round because expectations were so high and he didn't live up to them. His is still a great success story regardless, considering where he came from, and he did get a Super Bowl ring when he was with the Ravens in 2013.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#18New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 23:04:50
@HiImDan Said

Who's gonna win? I've figured Carolina for several weeks now but I didn't think Manning had a chance but I failed to realize Denver had home field advantage and their defense was #1 all year and they continued through the play offs. Also, that mile high air was a little too much for New England. Thoughts? I'm sticking with Carolina and Cam Newton.

I still got my vote on Carolina.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 15:40:11
We get live coverage of the Super Bowl over here. Unfortunately, because of the time difference (usually five hours), the event occurs in the middle of the night and even as ardent a sports fan as myself can't keep awake for that.

We get highlights the next day but it's not the same watching highlights when you know the outcome, is it..?

I've watched a couple of US Football matches during the season... well, parts of matches and I think I'm getting to grips with the rules and tactics.

I don't have a team to "support" as yet. Come on.... if you're going to get involved with a sport, you have to take sides, if only for the excitement of hoping "your" team will win....

New York Jets appeal because the name is very West Side Story-ish and it's one of my favourite musicals.

Dallas Cowboys appeal because they've got hot cheerleaders (I can't help myself being dykie about it hahahaha...!!)

Miami.... who couldn't love a team with Dolphins for a mascot. Awwwww..

Forty-Niners. My wife went to San Francisco (before she met me) and loved it there. So how about them..?

Any other suggestions...? Give me some help here, guys.... Who should Jenny support next season..?
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#20New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 21:29:00
@Jennifer1984 Said

We get live coverage of the Super Bowl over here. Unfortunately, because of the time difference (usually five hours), the event occurs in the middle of the night and even as ardent a sports fan as myself can't keep awake for that.

We get highlights the next day but it's not the same watching highlights when you know the outcome, is it..?

I've watched a couple of US Football matches during the season... well, parts of matches and I think I'm getting to grips with the rules and tactics.

I don't have a team to "support" as yet. Come on.... if you're going to get involved with a sport, you have to take sides, if only for the excitement of hoping "your" team will win....

New York Jets appeal because the name is very West Side Story-ish and it's one of my favourite musicals.

Dallas Cowboys appeal because they've got hot cheerleaders (I can't help myself being dykie about it hahahaha...!!)

Forty-Niners. My wife went to San Francisco (before she met me) and loved it there. So how about them..?

Any other suggestions...? Give me some help here, guys.... Who should Jenny support next season..?

It's little too early cuz we have no idea whose gonna draft who or how many players are going to be on the injured reserve, etc.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#21New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 21:43:16
@Jennifer1984 Said

@HiImDan Said

It's little too early cuz we have no idea whose gonna draft who or how many players are going to be on the injured reserve, etc.

Pick the Cleveland Browns everybody knows where they will be next year.
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#22New Post! Jan 31, 2016 @ 23:45:22
restoreone? BITE!
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#23New Post! Feb 01, 2016 @ 00:07:34
It seems the golden ring for the Browns next year is 8-8.
That's what they touted that Jackson did with the Raiders.

He'll get the key to the city if most of those wins are at home!

Dreaming:
"The last game of the 2016 season at First Energy Stadium, the Browns are up 23-6 with two minutes to go, closing in on only their 3rd season this century at .500 or better .... and the chant of the crowd rises - "We Don't Suck! We Don't Suck! We Don't Suck"
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#24New Post! Feb 01, 2016 @ 04:16:49
@mrmhead Said

It seems the golden ring for the Browns next year is 8-8.
That's what they touted that Jackson did with the Raiders.

He'll get the key to the city if most of those wins are at home!

Dreaming:
"The last game of the 2016 season at First Energy Stadium, the Browns are up 23-6 with two minutes to go, closing in on only their 3rd season this century at .500 or better .... and the chant of the crowd rises - "We Don't Suck! We Don't Suck! We Don't Suck"

I gave you a kudos for funny but I also agree.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs