Manners & Etiquette

Meal invite

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 13:06:19
So, I've arranged for a group of myself, family and friends to go out for a meal as my leaving party.

One of my close friends sent me a message the other day saying "I've asked L**** (her cousin) to the meal, is that ok?"

Seeing as she'd already asked her cousin to the meal, I could hardly say no to her. I've never met her cousin. If this had just been any normal night out then I wouldn't have minded but I'm having the meal for a particular reason.

Do you think I'm right to feel a bit pissed off about this? Or do you think I'm making a big deal out of nothing?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 13:23:48
I would you said are a big deal out of it and you be a little piss off about it. your friend did the right thing tell before the meal date, she or he might not to come to yours. it the proper etiquette. that know as a r.i.v.p.
RIP Boobie

#3New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 13:24:54
@twilitezone911 Said

I would you said are a big deal out of it and you be a little piss off about it. your friend did the right thing tell before the meal date, she or he might not to come to yours. it the proper etiquette. that know as a r.i.v.p.

I don't understand what you mean?
RIP Boobie

#4New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 13:26:01
@twilitezone911 Said

You mean RSVP? That's fine for her to let me know she's coming but she's basically invited some stranger to my party.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 13:41:09
you are right about I mispelled the word. yes, then you should be piss off. you could be nice said - I don't want to have your friend with us, I want you alone. it is a little rude, tell your cousin, no. it rude for your cousin to invited her friend to join you. really the best way look at it - does two wrongs make it right. are you the best sport in this situation or not.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#6New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 13:44:05
Your friend was rude and inconsiderate.

I'd be pissed too. I'm still miffed someone invited other people to my wedding. In an oh by the way I'm bringing along my in laws.

That being said, I'm not sure how you say anything without causing a fight at this point. You are however, fully entitled to be annoyed by it.
RIP Boobie

#7New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 13:44:40
@twilitezone911 Said

you are right about I mispelled the word. yes, then you should be piss off. you could be nice said - I don't want to have your friend with us, I want you alone. it is a little rude, tell your cousin, no. it rude for your cousin to invited her friend to join you. really the best way look at it - does two wrongs make it right. are you the best sport in this situation or not.

It's not a case of wanting her alone, she knows a lot of my other friends and her boyfriend is coming with her. It's the fact that she's asked someone I've never met. I wouldn't do it if it was the other way around.
RIP Boobie

#8New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 13:50:48
@DiscordTiger Said

Your friend was rude and inconsiderate.

I'd be pissed too. I'm still miffed someone invited other people to my wedding. In an oh by the way I'm bringing along my in laws.

That being said, I'm not sure how you say anything without causing a fight at this point. You are however, fully entitled to be annoyed by it.

Exactly! I could understand if she was coming and knew nobody else but she knows quite a lot of people there. I wouldn't mind if she'd have said her cousin was coming for a drink with us afterwards.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 14:02:56
I have to family parties that my sister hosted it. that her friends invited someone else, that my sister didn't invited to the party. my sister was really pissed off, but had to into her kitchen chilled out. my mother taught me and my two sisters and my brother always be a proper host to your guests. my sister could ask my cousin to step in the kitchen, and ask her to ask her friend to leave. or she could leave with her friend. or my sister could ask her friend to leave or welcome her or him to the party.
RIP Boobie

#10New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 14:04:45
@twilitezone911 Said

I have to family parties that my sister hosted it. that her friends invited someone else, that my sister didn't invited to the party. my sister was really pissed off, but had to into her kitchen chilled out. my mother taught me and my two sisters and my brother always be a proper host to your guests. my sister could ask my cousin to step in the kitchen, and ask her to ask her friend to leave. or she could leave with her friend. or my sister could ask her friend to leave or welcome her or him to the party.

I'm obviously not going to be rude to the girl, the whole point of this is whether it's right for a person to invite someone else to a party where the host doesn't know them

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 14:15:42
it is rude for your guest to come with someone else that wasn't invite at last moment, and it is a rude that your guest did not call you before she was coming that she was bring someone else.
RIP Boobie

#12New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 14:18:22
@twilitezone911 Said

it is rude for your guest to come with someone else that wasn't invite at last moment, and it is a rude that your guest did not call you before she was coming that she was bring someone else.

My guest has told me in advance that someone else is coming, that's not the point!

I'm giving up now.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#13New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 14:42:06
@Silver_Lining Said

My guest has told me in advance that someone else is coming, that's not the point!

I'm giving up now.

I'm thinking that you're considering cancelling the whole thing now, aren't you?

Oh, and you have the right to be pissed, as it was inconsiderate, but in perspective, it's also a little thing.
RIP Boobie

#14New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 14:44:22
@boxer Said

I'm thinking that you're considering cancelling the whole thing now, aren't you?

Oh, and you have the right to be pissed, as it was inconsiderate, but in perspective, it's also a little thing.

Yep, definitely thinking of cancelling it, I won't have a good time with someone I don't know there.

Yeah, I suppose you're right, it isn't a big deal really.
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#15New Post! Aug 11, 2015 @ 15:09:47
Personally i would uninvite the person who brings strangers and let them know why. I would want to make it clear it is not acceptable behaviour.

But thats me.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs