God

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#151New Post! Apr 17, 2015 @ 05:33:41
@Hitting40 Said

In all seriousness, i agree. It is logical if there is a creator it would be female. We are also born nurturers, it's instinct to not only bare that child but nurture it till it is self sufficient. Well for most of us anyway.

@Hitting40 Said

See thats were I've gone off track. I thought you meant there was multiple "one" or IT, thats what didn't fit with the rest of model.

I would have to go with eternalism out of three concepts of reality.

It all seems to be fitting together now.

I think we are agreed on most things, we just aren't sure if IT/one has any degree of intelligence.

Eternalism seems counter intuitive but apparently physics (or metaphysics) confirms it. Einstein explains it in his book "The Evolution of Physics". He tried to dumb it down for the layman to understand but he did not dumb it down enough for me.

I accept Eeternalism but for any practical purpose I am a Presentist. I wrote something in my Journal on this. I will see if I can find it.

#152New Post! Apr 17, 2015 @ 06:01:52
H: Would an intelligent IT allow so much pain and wickedness to develop in it's creation ?

E: I have not give intelligence much thought yet. It is next on my list. Ok there is not list but if there were a list it would be next on it.

E: I am thinking that 'IT', whether intelligent or not, attempts to maintain balance. Pain is of no concern to 'IT'. Good and evil are of no concern to it.

H: or Is that explained with free will?

E: Nothing is either good or evil that thinking does not make it so. Free Will, the ability to choose between alternatives, allows the chooser (note: this introduces intention of the experiencer and the ability of the experiencer to alter causality) ...free will allows the chooser to cause unnecessary harm that may cause an imbalance that the ONE attempts to correct.

H: and Why is there such a cognitive gulf between humans and animals ?

E: I have been led to believe that humans are animals. Each species evolved with the cognitive abilities needed for its survival.

H: We may never know the answers to these questions in our lifetime. Maybe we have to leave this life to be able to know.

E: Believing in an afterlife is a way to deal with the absurdities.

H: I starting to believe answering each previous question may continue to open up numerous others. Maybe that's why it's infinite, cause we'll never really get an answer.

E: Yes, the more we know the less we understand. We know more and more about less and less until we know absolutely nothing about everything. Answer one question and it generates two more.

The middle of nowhere, United
#153New Post! Apr 17, 2015 @ 12:35:14
@Erimitus Said

Eternalism seems counter intuitive but apparently physics (or metaphysics) confirms it. Einstein explains it in his book "The Evolution of Physics". He tried to dumb it down for the layman to understand but he did not dumb it down enough for me.

I accept Eeternalism but for any practical purpose I am a Presentist. I wrote something in my Journal on this. I will see if I can find it.

I've just downloaded The Evolution of Physics, to have a nose. Although if you don't understand it, i'll be lucky if i get past the title.
Not to sure about your journals, don't know what i'd find
Is it P.C to go rummaging through a man's journal
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#154New Post! Apr 17, 2015 @ 12:58:27
H: Would an intelligent IT allow so much pain and wickedness to develop in it's creation ?

E: I have not give intelligence much thought yet. It is next on my list. Ok there is not list but if there were a list it would be next on it.

E: I am thinking that 'IT', whether intelligent or not, attempts to maintain balance. Pain is of no concern to 'IT'. Good and evil are of no concern to it.

H: Yes i agree, as it seems the most conceivable explanation.

H: or Is that explained with free will?

E: Nothing is either good or evil that thinking does not make it so. Free Will, the ability to choose between alternatives, allows the chooser (note: this introduces intention of the experiencer and the ability of the experiencer to alter causality) ...free will allows the chooser to cause unnecessary harm that may cause an imbalance that the ONE attempts to correct.

H: which also fits in with the whole balance theory above

H: and Why is there such a cognitive gulf between humans and animals ?

E: I have been led to believe that humans are animals. Each species evolved with the cognitive abilities needed for its survival.

H: I do believe we are, at times some more than others sadly. It that massive difference in cognition, though. That's between us and the other animals.
Maybe it's significant for a reason

H: We may never know the answers to these questions in our lifetime. Maybe we have to leave this life to be able to know.

E: Believing in an afterlife is a way to deal with the absurdities.

H: I'll hound you by P.M over this one

H: I starting to believe answering each previous question may continue to open up numerous others. Maybe that's why it's infinite, cause we'll never really get an answer.

E: Yes, the more we know the less we understand. We know more and more about less and less until we know absolutely nothing about everything. Answer one question and it generates two more.

H: My dad use to say this about women

#155New Post! Apr 18, 2015 @ 00:42:42

H: My dad use to say this about women

E: <chuckle>
chaski On about 14 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#156New Post! Apr 18, 2015 @ 03:34:11
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#157New Post! Apr 18, 2015 @ 03:43:09
i was read a little bit of last two pages. i think of different man and animals. man and animals both need to survive. god doesn't need to survive, god just exist. god can't die, not that he or she could. but we wouldn't understand it. both man and animals can dream, that what have in common. man can interrupt what his dreams are, but animals can't. man has cognitive mind, but animals doesn't. what is god? something that has something higher than a cognitive mind.

#158New Post! Apr 18, 2015 @ 07:31:12
@twilitezone911 Said

i was read a little bit of last two pages. i think of different man and animals. man and animals both need to survive. god doesn't need to survive, god just exist. god can't die, not that he or she could. but we wouldn't understand it. both man and animals can dream, that what have in common. man can interrupt what his dreams are, but animals can't. man has cognitive mind, but animals doesn't. what is god? something that has something higher than a cognitive mind.

Thank You TZ. ...excellent point...

Saint Louis, Missouri
#159New Post! Apr 18, 2015 @ 17:35:31
welcome!

Saint Louis, Missouri
#160New Post! Apr 19, 2015 @ 03:41:29
you ever if all the multi-universes that we know, or we wonder. do you think each universe has it's own god, one god take care all universes at once? there is multi-universes, it would make sense if there is multi-gods control them. if there more than one god, are they in a union? do human beings think, we are the only spices in life, we honor to have a god? do if there is a reason why we never can enter multi-universes, or they are real multi-universes, we can see them in telescopes. but has man enter one of them? do you think is more one god beyond our universe?

#161New Post! Apr 19, 2015 @ 14:10:49
@twilitezone911 Said

you ever if all the multi-universes that we know, or we wonder. do you think each universe has it's own god, one god take care all universes at once? there is multi-universes, it would make sense if there is multi-gods control them. if there more than one god, are they in a union? do human beings think, we are the only spices in life, we honor to have a god? do if there is a reason why we never can enter multi-universes, or they are real multi-universes, we can see them in telescopes. but has man enter one of them? do you think is more one god beyond our universe?

In my personal philosophy (world view) there is the ONE. Every-thing else is a subset.

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” <Blake>
Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#162New Post! Apr 20, 2015 @ 06:10:26
@Erimitus Said

Premises

There is a god

God is incorporeal, infinite and eternal

That which is incorporeal, infinte and eternal is ineffable