Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#106New Post! Nov 06, 2013 @ 18:57:08
@carelt1985 Said

Update: yesterday, you-know-who called me for a reason I do not understand. Once I answered, he just hung up. Realizing it was him, I texted him with, "Tables are turned: don't call my phone." The previous words he said was clear I meant nothing to him. Now, he means nothing to me.

You should change your number. If he is still talking to you, then he obviously still thinks about you.
carelt1985 On June 25, 2016

Chesterfield, Missouri
#107New Post! Nov 07, 2013 @ 01:22:00
@Hypnotica Said

You should change your number. If he is still talking to you, then he obviously still thinks about you.

For the first time, "He obviously still thinks about you," sounds disgusting.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#108New Post! Nov 07, 2013 @ 01:25:59
@carelt1985 Said

For the first time, "He obviously still thinks about you," sounds disgusting.

Take the advice (above), and get your number changed. It will go far towards stress relief and ensure your future happiness.
carelt1985 On June 25, 2016

Chesterfield, Missouri
#109New Post! Mar 14, 2015 @ 09:03:24
I was reading the original threads, and I feel like I'm reading about another person. In retrospect, despite any attraction, there were a number of red flags that I ignored. Moreover, he wasn't a good person. Now, I'm happy that I he is no longer a supplement for my happiness. I feel nothing and hopefully I'll never fall into that situation, again.

(Note: that picture I post looks like smokey and stoned teenager. LOL)
luckyboy44 On March 26, 2020

Raytown,
#110New Post! Apr 15, 2015 @ 16:03:11
The Art of Living
Just as the planets follow a pattern in their path around the sun, life itself follows a pattern. All life follows this pattern. The planets can not go off in a different direction and nether can you or I. Our lives can not escape the path that life has set for us. All we can do is to perceive this pattern and attune our selves to it. We all have a mechanism for sensing the pattern of life. The mechanism is our emotions or feelings. When we are at peace and content we are in tune with that pattern, and the more we feel uncomfortable the greater we are resisting what we are and what we need to do.
Life is lived in the moment. The past is dead and the future is only a dream. All that really exist does so in the now. Everything in the now affects you and you affect everything in the now. No one can change the past or know the future. The first rule in the art of Living is “LIVE IN THE NOW !!”
Every person who has ever lived struggles with the same five needs.
Safety
Comfort
Companionship
Health
Understanding
How he sees and tries to meet these needs is what makes each one unique. We learn from our environment and experience. Most of the patterns we see in life are set in our first five years and then enforced by our experience. The trouble is that much of what we learned is wrong and we do not take time to question our Beliefs. It is these false beliefs that are at the base of all our pain, anxiety, and fears.
Let us look at some of these false beliefs:
That others are smarter than we are,
Others may have more experience or education in some things but that does not mean that they are any smarter.
Others have our best interest at heart.
There is no way that they can know what is best for us. No one can know the future so no one can know what is best. What worked for them may not work for you and what did not work for them may be the best thing you can do,
That what has happened in the past will happen again.
Everything that happens for an extremely complex and unique set of reasons. The idea that that unique set of reasons will happen again is beyond even the possibility of happening.
That you are responsible for what other people think, feel, or do.
No one has the power to make you do what you do not want to do and You do not have the power to make them do anything.
At every moment, everyone has to make their own choice. Do not blame others for your choice or let them blame you for theirs.
That you will be judged by what you do.
Every moment your choices create you anew. What we call the past is just a memory of our previously creations. No one can judge what you have created but you, just as you can not judge the creation of another.
That you will make a choice that will affect you whole life.
Every choice you make not only creates a new you but a new world for you to live in. Your life is limited only by the choices you choose to make.
Distortions in Thinking
1. All or nothing thinking
2. Over generalization
3. Mental Filter
4. Disqualifying the positive
5. Jumping to conclusions
6. Magnification or Minimization.
7. Emotional Reasoning
8. Should and should not statements
9. Labeling
10. Personalizing
These thoughts that we all have distort our thinking and prevent us from seeing the world as it is in reality. They are the main cause of our inability to cope effectively with our every day problems, and see the true value in ourselves and others. If we will learn to recognize these distortions of thought in ourselves and others our ability to cope and enjoy life will be greatly enhanced.
All or Nothing Thinking
We do not live in a black and white world.
Life contains all the colors of the rainbow
Over Generalization.
Although things may look the same each is unique.
You must look for the uniqueness in each.
Mental Filter.
This confuses what you are seeing now with what you have seen in the past.
You must not confuse one thing with the other.
Disqualifying the Positive.
To see the good in life you must look for the good in all things.
If you take the positive for normal you will overlook most of the good things in the world.
Jumping to Conclusions.
Conclusions are based on the facts you know so do not make any until you have had time to examine the facts.
All new situations have new elements to examine
Magnification and Minimization.
It is far to easy to overestimate or discount the importance of things in you life.
This leads only to mistakes and disappointment.
Emotional Reasoning.
Your feelings or your bodies reactions to you thoughts, and both or in a continuous state of change.
Do not depend on how you feel it will soon change.
Should and Should not statements.
These or based on what was done by others in other situations and have no bearing on your current situation.
Using Should statements puts an unrealistic urgency and feelings of gilt into your mind.
Labeling.
When you label anything you think of it as the label and do not see its uniqueness.
Once you label something you can not recognize the real object.
Personalizing .
To own or see something puts a value on it that it does not have.
Jack E Stowe
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#111New Post! Apr 15, 2015 @ 17:27:06
Propranolol makes me numb.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#112New Post! Apr 15, 2015 @ 20:52:02
penith

, New Zealand
#113New Post! Apr 15, 2015 @ 20:54:35
@luckyboy44 Said

The Art of Living
Just as the planets follow a pattern in their path around the sun, life itself follows a pattern. All life follows this pattern. The planets can not go off in a different direction and nether can you or I. Our lives can not escape the path that life has set for us. All we can do is to perceive this pattern and attune our selves to it. We all have a mechanism for sensing the pattern of life. The mechanism is our emotions or feelings. When we are at peace and content we are in tune with that pattern, and the more we feel uncomfortable the greater we are resisting what we are and what we need to do.
Life is lived in the moment. The past is dead and the future is only a dream. All that really exist does so in the now. Everything in the now affects you and you affect everything in the now. No one can change the past or know the future. The first rule in the art of Living is “LIVE IN THE NOW !!”
Safety
Comfort
Companionship
Health
Understanding
How he sees and tries to meet these needs is what makes each one unique. We learn from our environment and experience. Most of the patterns we see in life are set in our first five years and then enforced by our experience. The trouble is that much of what we learned is wrong and we do not take time to question our Beliefs. It is these false beliefs that are at the base of all our pain, anxiety, and fears.
Others may have more experience or education in some things but that does not mean that they are any smarter.
There is no way that they can know what is best for us. No one can know the future so no one can know what is best. What worked for them may not work for you and what did not work for them may be the best thing you can do,
Everything that happens for an extremely complex and unique set of reasons. The idea that that unique set of reasons will happen again is beyond even the possibility of happening.
No one has the power to make you do what you do not want to do and You do not have the power to make them do anything.
At every moment, everyone has to make their own choice. Do not blame others for your choice or let them blame you for theirs.
Every moment your choices create you anew. What we call the past is just a memory of our previously creations. No one can judge what you have created but you, just as you can not judge the creation of another.
Every choice you make not only creates a new you but a new world for you to live in. Your life is limited only by the choices you choose to make.
Distortions in Thinking
2. Over generalization
3. Mental Filter
7. Emotional Reasoning
9. Labeling
10. Personalizing
These thoughts that we all have distort our thinking and prevent us from seeing the world as it is in reality. They are the main cause of our inability to cope effectively with our every day problems, and see the true value in ourselves and others. If we will learn to recognize these distortions of thought in ourselves and others our ability to cope and enjoy life will be greatly enhanced.
All or Nothing Thinking
Over Generalization.
Mental Filter.
If you take the positive for normal you will overlook most of the good things in the world.
Jumping to Conclusions.
Conclusions are based on the facts you know so do not make any until you have had time to examine the facts.
It is far to easy to overestimate or discount the importance of things in you life.
Emotional Reasoning.
Your feelings or your bodies reactions to you thoughts, and both or in a continuous state of change.
These or based on what was done by others in other situations and have no bearing on your current situation.
Using Should statements puts an unrealistic urgency and feelings of gilt into your mind.
Labeling.
When you label anything you think of it as the label and do not see its uniqueness.
Personalizing .
Jack E Stowe

I just try and stay indoors most days - less to worry about that way.

, New Zealand
#114New Post! Apr 16, 2015 @ 00:11:37
On the topic of suicide I am pretty sure that you would find a good number of us out here who would immediately do so if a clean and painless opportunity were to be presented to us.

There are simply more people here on Earth than there need to be and coming late to the game there is no purpose that I can take on or anything that I can offer that can not be handled or provided by thousands of others; some whom are even better and more experienced with their offerings.

Us "Third Wheels" (as you would suspect) lead very lonely, miserable and frustrating lives for no good reason.

People love to prattle about how worthless others are or hang their lives over their heads but notice they won't open an euthanasia clinic and put their money where their mouths are.

Most certainly would save tons of $ on crime and tax payer hand-outs.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#115New Post! Apr 16, 2015 @ 00:26:27
@luckyboy44 Said

The Art of Living
Safety
Comfort
Companionship
Health
Understanding
Distortions in Thinking
2. Over generalization
3. Mental Filter
7. Emotional Reasoning
9. Labeling
10. Personalizing
All or Nothing Thinking
Over Generalization.
Mental Filter.
Jumping to Conclusions.
Emotional Reasoning.
Labeling.
Personalizing .
Jack E Stowe

Well said. Without over analyzing and nit picking (which is kind of the point) it's spot on.

Be in tune and accept the natural order of things (knowing the limits of your personal variations)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs